KR808D-2 (Green Smoke) Battery Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

napalm

Feb 21, 2012
SoCal
Two of my four GS batteries stopped functioning properly. They both remained fully charged and lit when attempting to drag, but they produced no vapor. This led me to believe they were charged, but no voltage was getting to the cartos. Being the inquisitive guy that I am; I took one apart.

photo1.jpg

Notice at the right of the image that the red wire has come 'unsoldered' from the center pin that contacts the cartomizer. It looks like I get to do some experimenting at work on Monday. :) More to come!

PS: I can't post in the 'Technical' section so if a moderator can move this post there I would appreciate it.

Yves

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Matamata, New Zealand
I believe that these would be replaced by Green smoke if they are not more than 1 year old, Check out where you bought them from and also the Green smoke site for the warranty on them. Not sure if the one you took apart would still be covered lol.

Found the link for you so hopefully it posts ok.

http://www.greensmoke.com/catalog/return-policy/info_28.html

Last edited:

alffalvo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2012
Western Maryland
Two of my four GS batteries stopped functioning properly. They both remained fully charged and lit when attempting to drag, but they produced no vapor. This led me to believe they were charged, but no voltage was getting to the cartos. Being the inquisitive guy that I am; I took one apart.

photo1.jpg

Notice at the right of the image that the red wire has come 'unsoldered' from the center pin that contacts the cartomizer. It looks like I get to do some experimenting at work on Monday. :) More to come!

PS: I can't post in the 'Technical' section so if a moderator can move this post there I would appreciate it.

Drop the "Green Smoke" Brand and get a Ego just have never like there PV/ Battery

napalm

Feb 21, 2012
SoCal
Just solder the red wire back on the center pin, and you'll be good to go.

Oh that is the plan lol. These were a gift from my father that got fed up with the terrible selection of cartos from GS. I use blanks from azsmokefree and TopVapor liquid.. it is actually a nice setup. Whenever these are truly on their last leg I'll be getting a KGO. :D I just wanted to post my findings in case anyone else was experiencing the same issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread