The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Kroma platform series charging issue

Discussion in 'Innokin Technology' started by hittman, Mar 22, 2019.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I have had my kroma for maybe a month and a half now and I've noticed it doing some strange things when charging. Sometimes the display will stay on and the wattage numbers start cycling where it goes to max and then starts over. Also when I just unplugged it now, the display was flashing the numbers and when I unplugged it, it only showed about 80% charge even though it had been charging since this morning. Did I get a faulty unit?

2. Shadav

Shadav Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    try to take it back where you got it from or contact innokin as it should still be under warranty

not sure what's going on there but doesn't sound right or safe

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. charlie1465

charlie1465 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Yes definitely sounds a bit odd....a fault on the board probably. Try Paul on the Innokin forum here if you can't send it back to where you bought it. Hope you get it sorted :thumbs:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Innokin_Joseph

Innokin_Joseph Brand Rep

Jul 9, 2015
    Hey hittman,

Yes, it definitely sounds like something is amiss with your mod. I'd absolutely recommend contacting our support team to begin a warranty claim. It's still within the warranty window, so everything should be smooth and quick. Please email us at support@innokin.com as soon as you can. So sorry for the inconvenience.

5. hittman

Supporting member
    Through experimentation, I’ve found that it only does that when I charge off of my computer. If I use a wall wart then it seems to do fine. However, thanks for the response.

6. Innokin_Joseph

Innokin_Joseph Brand Rep

Jul 9, 2015
    That's quite odd. What USB port are you using to charge off of your PC? 3, 2, etc.

7. hittman

Supporting member
    The computer is my work desktop and it’s probably three years old. I’m not sure if it’s a 2 or 3.