KSD KMax...just putting it out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lurking for about 5 month. Going ahead and putting in my dues (5 post min). Received the $40.57 KSD Kmax Telescoping Variable Voltage E-Cigarette Mod Battery Compartment - VV / VW / brass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping 4 days ago from fasttech. So far solid device. I really like it. The ProVari mini, my first love, has remained unused since. Save the offers, I'm not parting with the ProVari.

The Kmax ships from Hong Kong and took 4 days to be shipped to Austin. I ordered it on the 18th of August and received it on the 30th.

I can't speak to it's longevity, but it feels and vapes great. As I said, feels solid. It's like having RGIII backing up Tom Brady in my fantasy league. Translation: Not sure how long RGIII will last in the NFL, but he sure is fun to watch.

Griffin & Brady (600x800).jpg

Last edited:
Ouch... It's a good thing you didn't sell your ProVari. :D

Is your mod still under warranty? I guess it should be! Ask for a new one!

I am sure I can fix it. The device still fires up and all. A little JB weld or something similar should do the trick. Has anyone actually returned something to Fasttech?

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I am sure I can fix it. The device still fires up and all. A little JB weld or something similar should do the trick. Has anyone actually returned something to Fasttech?

Yes. Just go to the website and open a ticket. They've been pretty good about replacing faulty items, at least in the past. Won't hurt to ask. Follow the prompt--they do ask for documentation, like a picture of a broken device, if applicable.

Also, you'd be doing us all a favor--manufacturers need to know that there are problems with their products so they can fix them.

Br0k30n3

Aug 26, 2012
Florida
Update:

It was a pretty short run. I really liked the Kmax. I really enjoyed the variable voltage option. It fired fantastic. Tonight it separated at a joint it probably shouldn't have. While I am sure I can probably fix this, I'm sure this is probably a deal breaker for most, and rightly so.

View attachment 251355

What were the conditions that caused this to happen? Normal use? Did you drop it ?

Popped it back on and it seems to be working fine. Gonna put some epoxy on it eventually.

I bought the brass finish version from FT as well. Really like it, works like a train, but the same thing happened to mine after I fumbled & dropped it.
The housing separated between the smoked-screen & the top, under the 'beauty ring'. I wriggled it back on, but it's come off again a couple times since. I am thinking of epoxy as a fix.
Wish I wasn't such a klutz; my toys would last longer. Thinking this should be a "home-use-only" for me.

devauto

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
NoVA
So this looks like it is a recurring issue. Are the tubes salvageable? Will another mod control head thread onto them (SID/EVIC/SVD/VMAX/ZMAX/ETC.)? The thing looks awesome, and if it breaks, it would be nice to use it with a different control head, at least it doesn't become a total loss that way!

I bought the brass finish version from FT as well. Really like it, works like a train, but the same thing happened to mine after I fumbled & dropped it.
The housing separated between the smoked-screen & the top, under the 'beauty ring'. I wriggled it back on, but it's come off again a couple times since. I am thinking of epoxy as a fix.
Wish I wasn't such a klutz; my toys would last longer. Thinking this should be a "home-use-only" for me.

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
So this looks like it is a recurring issue. Are the tubes salvageable? Will another mod control head thread onto them (SID/EVIC/SVD/VMAX/ZMAX/ETC.)? The thing looks awesome, and if it breaks, it would be nice to use it with a different control head, at least it doesn't become a total loss that way!
Great question- hope someone knows?!? :)

devauto

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
NoVA
I think I've read that the tubes on these scratch very easy and that sometimes they even arrive with scratched tubes. Do you find this to be the case with your mods? The do look pretty cool. I like the ones I've seen in bronze.

Hi Ed_C,

I'm not too worried about the scratching, I am more worried about the broken control head. I don't mind risking the cash if I know I can swap a new control head onto it and keep using the really cool looking tubes. I am just surprised that no one has tried this yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread