Kudos To Wizard Labs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
I like them because their QC is top-notch. I've tested several of their liquids sent to me by consumers, and they are always spot on correct nic levels. I think they are also doing titrations in house for their QC/QA, something I wish all vendors would do.

Their nic is good too. Has a nice TH, and does well either on its own or in a flavored DIY.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
You can freeze nicotine?

Yes, preferably in glass. The website says leave as little headroom as possible, but I personally would leave about 2 mL headroom, since it will expand a little if brought into a warm room. Does not expand, or freeze solid, in very cold, even if its 100% VG.

gramakittycat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
I got my first order from Wizard today and I concur with all the positive comments.Very pleased with the care they took in the packageing of 100 mg nic and the included safety sheet.Also got flavorings and a few mixing supplies and all were packaged with the same care.I've never in the years I've been here recieved an order so well packaged from any other vendors.I'm with Wizard for good! (I think the packge could have been dropped from a plane and not suffered a scratch!)

SpicyMcHaggis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Hamilton Ohio
Yes, preferably in glass. The website says leave as little headroom as possible, but I personally would leave about 2 mL headroom, since it will expand a little if brought into a warm room. Does not expand, or freeze solid, in very cold, even if its 100% VG.

Very interesting! It doesn't freeze solid? Any idea how long it will keep in the freezer? I might start stocking up in preparation of the gub'mints inevitable intrusion.

Wizard Lab package due tomorrow!

burnineyes

May 29, 2012
Seminole, FL
I received my first package from WL earlier this week. I got nic, pg and vg, plus 5 flavors. It was packaged very nice like everyone else has mentioned, plus they threw in a few mixing tools and an extra sample flavor at no charge. I have mixed up 4 different batches so far and they have all been fantastic. I am very pleased and will certainly recommend it to anyone.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
If you examine the plastic, it's not a cheap plastic. It's very thick and looks to be medical or pharmaceutical grade. I wouldn't be concerned. Actually if you are purchasing the 100mg it's a bonus that it's in plastic. If you dropped the bottle and it shattered, you could have a Hazmat type of situation on your hands.

Rts uses a cheaper grade of plastic (My opinion) and I always transfer to Glass. Wizard I didn't feel the need.

I just enquired with Wizard if they could confirm my suppostition about the quality of the plastic. It will be interesting to see what they say and how long it takes to get back to me.

I ordered from them as well. I am not an expert and have been vaping for only 3 months - my only concern was the N Juice was in a plastic bottle - was a little concerned about that. Should they not use glass for Nicotine - and their PG and VG? Or does it matter?

Last edited:

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I agree, the way they package their product, if nuclear war broke out all that would be left on the planet are the cockroaches and Wizard Labs Packages.

I mean it's like they triple package everything. My scissors got dull from cutting through so many layers of bubble rap. I wonder if they will cover a scissors sharpening charge?

I got my first order from Wizard today and I concur with all the positive comments.Very pleased with the care they took in the packageing of 100 mg nic and the included safety sheet.Also got flavorings and a few mixing supplies and all were packaged with the same care.I've never in the years I've been here recieved an order so well packaged from any other vendors.I'm with Wizard for good! (I think the packge could have been dropped from a plane and not suffered a scratch!)

Jim Bob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2011
Kentucky
I ordered from them as well. I am not an expert and have been vaping for only 3 months - my only concern was the N Juice was in a plastic bottle - was a little concerned about that. Should they not use glass for Nicotine - and their PG and VG? Or does it matter?

I personally do not want nor think it would be wise to ship 100MG/ML in glass, once it's safely in one's hands nothing keeps you from transferring it if you so desire.

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
I got my second order and the first with nicquid in it from Wizzard yesterday. The bottle is impressive. I've seen worse comming out of pharmacies. Some of the other vendors I've ordered from have shipped in clear flimsy bottles that needed transfer and probably shouldn't have been used in the first place even for shipping, but I think I'm not going to bother with this one. I'd jump with a parachute packed by the person that packed that box. I'm idly curious to see the response to Tom's inquiry. Wish he'd give that Kona Cream recipe up lol.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Very interesting! It doesn't freeze solid? Any idea how long it will keep in the freezer? I might start stocking up in preparation of the gub'mints inevitable intrusion.

Wizard Lab package due tomorrow!

Essentially forever, especially if it is VG, which turns into a thick goop in the freezer, almost but not quite solid. I have VG nic 2.5 years old still as clear and colorless as the day I got it. PG will age a bit faster in the freezer, since it remains almost as liquid as at room temp. Thus the nic will tend to "find" more O2, which is always present if small amounts in PG or VG. So it might yellow more than VG-nic in the freezer, but it will not lose much potency at all. This depends on the purity of the nic itself. Cheaper nics will "tan" in the freezer more than more pure nics. For example Totally Wicked red label is a cheaper PG-nic, while Decadent Vapors PG-nic is a pharm-grade nic. The TW will tan a lot after a year or so, but seems to "ripen" into a distinct tobacco-flavored liquid. It's delicious, in fact, and still 99.9% as potent as new. The DV PG-nic will be virtually unchanged after a year in the freezer. Longer than that I don't know, since I got rid of my PG-nics...I only vape VG-nic.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
I had a bottle of 100 mg VG-nic that had almost zero headroom stored in the freezer. I use 50 mL amber glass bottles from SpecialtyBottles.com, the kind with the eurodropper inserts. These inserts act as a sort of septum, where the liquid can be syringe-dispensed through the eurodropper center hole, but they make the bottle completely spill-proof. In fact, I use these with almost all of my DIY liquids, from water to VG to flavors to nic. I use syringes for all DIY liquids. But I digress...

The bottle sealed and was sitting on the desk in my office, which was around 90 F degrees. After about 1/2 hour, I noticed that the liquid was starting to leak out from under the lid. I had processed the nic for storage in my kitchen in the winter time, and my kitchen was fairly cold (~60 F) at the time. Evidently the liquid had contracted a bit in my cold kitchen, and expended a bit at higher temps after I had brought it out of the freezer.

Spill a good amount of 100 mg onto the floor or into a carpet, and yes, you have a serious hazmat emergency, which will require professional remediation. There used to be a hazmat technician here who described what would be needed for such a situation, like spilling 200 mL of 100 mg liquid. The house or apartment would likely be condemned, the carpet would be removed and incinerated. Full suits and respirators. Not good. Anything that avoids spills, like septa or eurodropper inserts will virtually remove that risk. Glass bottles for chemicals, especially when sealed, are fairly resilient to breakage, but of course it is still a risk. Spills are far more easy to have happen if it is just an open bottle...and you've been vaping a lot of nic!

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Moderators take note: I recieved permission from John at Wizard Labs today to post his answer to the Plastic Verse Glass Question.Because he has given me permission this is not a PM

Hi Tom,

First off, thank you for such a wonderful post.
I've already shared it with everyone here, and you've made our day!

Regarding your question, there are 3 types of plastics commonly used in the industry for packaging in addition to glass containers.

PET, LDPE, and HDPE.
Each has it's pros and cons, but all have suitable chemical resistance for UNFLAVORED nicotine solutions.
Although the PET containers we use are a little more expensive than HDPE containers used by some vendors, both are equally suited to this particular task.
The unknown variable is resistance to the different chemicals present in flavorings, as witnessed by the trouble seen with polycarbonate tanks and clearomizers cracking and melting in reaction to certain flavorings.

On the bright side, PET (rigid) and LDPE (squeezable) bottles have been widely used for flavored eliquids for many years with little to no reported trouble.
HDPE (rigid) has also been used for many years by the flavoring industry for storing and shipping concentrated flavorings with no problems, barring a few rare exceptions which must be stored in glass, such as orange essential oil.

While the absolute best choice for storing either flavored or unflavored eliquids and concentrated flavorings is glass, a vendor's decision to use plastic is usually based on safety.
We've all seen what a package can go through during shipping, both in candid videos of bad UPS/FedEx drivers, and in some of the mangled and crushed packages we've received.
A crushed plastic container has a far less chance of puncturing any padding and leak containment bags used than the shards from a broken glass container.
Once a package is safely in your hands, you can/should transfer the contents to a glass container for long term storage.

I hope that helps to answer your question, and if I can be of any more help just let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpicyMcHaggis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Hamilton Ohio
Got my WL package today. Very pleased with everything! Love the glass flavor bottles, nice looking and very functional. The graduated cylinder is real easy to read (not always the case). I've never vaped a drink before, but a free sample of rootbeer flavor will remedy that, and possibly open up a new flavor type. Third world children could play soccer with the box it came in and not hurt it. :laugh: Whipped up 10ml of salt water taffy at 20% and will taste test it tomorrow evening. Quitting cigs has officially turned hobby looks like. Order with confidence my friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread