• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

KW Peeps, juice swap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starrlamia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I may be new but I've already accumulated quite a few juices that Im not wild about. They arent bad juice just not to my taste buds liking. Anyone in the area interested in a juice swap? Or anyone getting started and want to try some juice? I probably have about 10 varying sized flavours that just dont do it for me and I dont like having stuff sitting around going to waste. Figured I would see if any local peeps are interesting in swapping out or anything, Id rather not ship but would if there is no local interest.

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada
That's a terrific idea, Starrlamia. I'm in the same boat, and have been toying with much the same idea! If there's no interest locally, let me know and I'll gladly pay the shipping to try any that peak my interest. Or perhaps we can simply "trade" if I have some that tickle your fancy. Some I'm keeping a while to see if as my tastes change, I warm up to them. Others I can say with great confidence that while they may please someone's palate, it won't be mine.

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
Here is a sample of what you can find on the Classifieds

Description: Looking to trade an 18ml bottle of Juicy Vapor Icy-Cool Green Tea (12mg, PG/VG mix), 10ml bottle of Highbrow Vapor Green Tea (12mg pg/vg mix), 15ml bottle of EC Blend Buttery Pecan Brittle (12mg, 100% VG 2/3 full) and will throw in 4 Fluxomizers, brand new in their original packaging for pretty much any juice-- open to all offers/suggestions. Nothing higher than 24 mg/ml. Not one for dessert flavors, but love fruit, mint/menthol, would love to try pluid or any other adventurous juices-- I'm really open to all offers!

Starrlamia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2012
Ontario, Canada
thanks again PJ! I will consider doing that, I was kind of hoping to stay local TBH just because Im lazy and would rather not have to go to the post office haha. I also find the classifieds a bit of a mess, do you know if there is a way to sort by country? it would be so much easier to be able to look at just canadian posts.

went through my juice and found 10 that i definately will never use lol, I still have 8 new flavours from juggy to try out. I need to figure out a good palate cleanser for in between juice tasting lol I feel so high class

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
thanks again PJ! I will consider doing that, I was kind of hoping to stay local TBH just because Im lazy and would rather not have to go to the post office haha. I also find the classifieds a bit of a mess, do you know if there is a way to sort by country? it would be so much easier to be able to look at just canadian posts.

went through my juice and found 10 that i definately will never use lol, I still have 8 new flavours from juggy to try out. I need to figure out a good palate cleanser for in between juice tasting lol I feel so high class

Oh do be careful. ;) The subject of a national classifieds has been a hot topic, and despite plenty of desire for it, we've been told it AIN'T gonna happen. (The extra moderation and administration would be a large time burden.) As for searching the classies for local stuff, I suppose it depends how the OP wrote the ad.... as to whether it would be easily searched.

and I agree.... they're a mess and I find my myself utterly unmotivated to bother :(

RollandOfGilead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
Kingston, On, Canada
You should get yourself set up on the Classifieds which is where all trades and sales happen. Its a great forum and you'll have much more exposure there.

I will reiterate Project guys post, there is a reason the trades only happen in the classies. You need to become a verified member which essentially proves you are who you say you are... its for everyones protection.

RollandOfGilead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
Kingston, On, Canada
Thats good. but kinda beside the point of keeping the classies in the classies. One guy shirks the forum rules then others think its ok to do it too... then who knows you give some unverified psycho whos lurking the forums your address to send you some juice and they show up at your door.

If you posted in the classies I`m sure you can post a link in the canada forum redirecting those interested to your listing.

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
I will reiterate Project guys post, there is a reason the trades only happen in the classies. You need to become a verified member which essentially proves you are who you say you are... its for everyones protection.

Point taken, but there isn't one person in this thread so far that isn't verified, and in Starrla's defense, the classies are a chaos. And OVERWHELMINGLY American based, and American exclusive..... I went through the verification process specifically to gain access. Got it. Waded through about as much as I could, met with "US only" every time something interested me, and essentially mentally filed the classies in the round file. Great concept, good intentions, abysmal implementation. Sorry to say it.
------

I guess if everyone's in the same area, and willing to get together anyway.... call it a "meet", and no one can object to talking about it. If you *happen* to bring juices and trade 'em when you get there, then so be it!

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
Point taken, but there isn't one person in this thread so far that isn't verified, and in Starrla's defense, the classies are a chaos. And OVERWHELMINGLY American based, and American exclusive..... I went through the verification process specifically to gain access. Got it. Waded through about as much as I could, met with "US only" every time something interested me, and essentially mentally filed the classies in the round file. Great concept, good intentions, abysmal implementation. Sorry to say it.
------

I guess if everyone's in the same area, and willing to get together anyway.... call it a "meet", and no one can object to talking about it. If you *happen* to bring juices and trade 'em when you get there, then so be it!

Tyger, tyger, tyger lets not fight ... bwaaaaaah ... please. sob, sob, blubber. It only says "US only" they don't really mean it

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Tyger, tyger, tyger lets not fight ... bwaaaaaah ... please. sob, sob, blubber. It only says "US only" they don't really mean it

Oh I'm not fighting! *dabs your tears away*..... just admitting I've been very disappointed by the classies.... That's the trouble with text... sometimes, despite best intentions, something direct comes off terse. If that was the case, my apologies. If you were in the room with me, you'd see me chillin' vapin' and smilin'.... no angst here.

But am I to understand you right? The ads that very clearly state US Only may include Canadians? Kind of like how lots of eBay shippers say US Only but gladly ship to Canada with no hassle? Or were you just kidding me? ;)

---- added ----
Don't assume anything from my avatar.... I'm about as tough and scary as a box of kittens ;)

Roland007

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Alberta, Canada
Many, but of course not all, US folks will ship to Canada if you are willing to pay the shipping. Just remind them that Flat Rate USPS boxes are 12.95 (as I recall) and you are willing to pay that for them + any PayPal fees for international payments. Makes things a little more expensive, but if what you are looking for isn't available locally.....

Most are willing to ship to Canada but are just afraid it's going to be a big hassle. All that is required is a simple customs declaration.

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
If you want to see ONLY Canadian listings you can use the forum search tool once in the classifieds section and search "CA" it will bring up all the ads classified as Canadian......not that there are many ;)

That's exactly true.... I'll try that if I'm there again, (I searched for "Canada" last time and came up with a very very short list).... thanks mac!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread