L-Rider Lava 1.5 Version that reads Resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
These have the 3 amp limit and are the newest version.

When I checked the ad it said 2.5a limit when I posted the 1st time in this thread..now it's changed not that the amp limit affects me because I use 2.5ohm single coils..IDK if I believe that because they weren't supposed to come out with an improved amp limit until the end of May..besides it doesn't matter to me my next one will be chrome or stainless..I have the money to get one now but I'll wait until they are at a lot of vendors and the price drops ;)

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
When I checked the ad it said 2.5a limit when I posted the 1st time in this thread..now it's changed not that the amp limit affects me because I use 2.5ohm single coils..IDK if I believe that because they weren't supposed to come out with an improved amp limit until the end of May..besides it doesn't matter to me my next one will be chrome or stainless..I have the money to get one now but I'll wait until they are at a lot of vendors and the price drops ;)

Right they originally had them listed as 2.5 but it was a typo. 55.00 is pretty reasonable and only 10.00 more than the old version. They are listed as having stainless but I'm not exactly sure of the finish yet. There are other vendors coming out with them in the next few days so we will see. Mine is on its way!
The main improvement I'm interested in is the ability to check the ohms resistance but the 3 amp limit might come in handy occasionally.
:2cool:

Last edited:

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
They are listed as having stainless but I'm not exactly sure of the finish yet...

Yeah the pic is of the silver coated one but it's listed as stainless. I only need a tube really but if it costs $55 I would spend the extra $5 and get a full V1 kit with 2 batteries..I will wait and see though what all the vendors price them at and when the chrome with the eGo connectors are around more..plus I only really buy from forum suppliers..I also would like to see a different color display like the white/black I saw pics of as red isn't my fav...

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Sweet. I await your putting that new fangled lava tube to the test, good sir.

I don't have an inline voltage indicator and that is what I would need to check them with carto on it. That is the only way I know of to check them under load. Madvapes has them for 14.99 but I'm not really that curious about knowing that information. I just care if it vapes good and continues to throughout the charge. I do like being able to check the ohms of the carto. There is a member that is running tests on them that I saw on another thread. He said they were testing much better at holding the voltage at higher voltages than the version 1. I never had any problem with version 1 at the voltages I vape at with the cartos I use. I don't like anything above 4.5 volts and the V1 was real good at that voltage and below.
:2cool:

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I might have to get me an inline voltage indicator just to prove to the Provari users that are continually dissing the LT. It is like many of them want to justify spending 200.00 by tearing down the L-Rider. I for one never bought a Provari because of all the button pushing to change voltages or check the resistance. The L-Rider is much better in that regard and now that you can read resistance of the carto so easily it is a nobrainer for me to stick with it especially when you can buy three for the price of one. I think the version 2 is going to be better yet. I really like the type of connection it has with the recessed ego connector and flexible battery post. It will make it much better for using different cartos that have slightly different length posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread