• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

La homies and homettes..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krakkan

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2009
New Orleans, LA
www.truesmoker.com
So tell me a little about everyone.. I am a father of 4 - beautiful little girls :) Brittany 13 Celeste 11 Ariel 7 and Jocelyn 4 months. I worked for a long time as a technology consultant but since I came back to town a year ago after Katrina I find things are just hard in that industry.

Anyone else feeling the weight of the rebuild? Let me know about you guys cause it nice to meet other locals. Great to meet each of you!

JD Henry

ritalee76

ECF Veteran
Well...

Born and raised here in Baton Rouge - I love this city!

Proud mamma of three :) All boys - Christian is 9, the twins Gabriel and Michael are 7.

I have a job in the vacuum cleaner industry :D We sell the Rainbow cleaning system. Have been with them for five years - one year before Katrina.

Katrina devastated our business. Lost 80% of our reps which in turn meant 80% of our sales. Took a long time to rebuild and the Gustav hit LOL But we're back to pre-katrina numbers (finally) so that's good.

Katrina has forever changed Baton Rouge. I know New Orleans was hit with the damage, but we got the backlash. I lived in South Baton Rouge when the storm hit and our normally peaceful and quiet neighborhoods exploded with New Orleans people and now nearly all of the formally peaceful/quiet neighborhoods are teeming with lots of traffic and people.

I work hard and play hard - love to have fun and love life :D Am a reformed nerd - still enjoy anything technical and always looking to learn new things - I think that's what intrigued me so much about the e-cig... The workings of it LOL

At any rate, good to know more about you! So happy to have a local supplier :D Love your girls' names, by the way!

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
I was born and raised on the N.O. West Bank, Terrytown to be specific. I are a gradiate of West Jefferson H.S., class of '85.

I entered the Air Force in '86, and was medically retired in 2002. I moved back to LA (Baton Rouge) in June 2003.

My kids are son Pete, 23, son Jordan, 19, and daughter Sarah, 18.

I'm living a nice (mostly) quiet (mostly) retired (mostly) life now. I host a popular karaoke night (weekend, actually) in Baton Rouge at the Daiquiri Cafe on Sherwood Forest.

Other than that, I spend most of my days (and nights) on my PC either on this forum or playing Dungeons & Dragons on-line.

And (obviously) I'm fond of parenthesis.

mizmare

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
St Paul, MN US
born and raised in St Paul, MN. and while I love to travel (NOLA being one of my fave spots) I love coming back home.

I spend a lot of my free time hiking with my camera, capturing nature as I see it.

I have a 23 yr old son, Jesse, of whom I am very proud... a great boyfriend of 7.5 yrs, and 3 rescue cats.

that's me in a nutshell.

brunhilde

May 14, 2009
New Orleans, LA
Hiya.

I was born and raised in California and now live here in Louisiana. Lafayette, but figured NOLA would be easiest to pinpoint for posting in the newbie area. A year and a half after the move, still experiencing a bit of culture shock. I saw live crawfish for the first time last week, have decided I like them best boiled. :oops: My fiance and I are nerds, have two shelter dogs and a cat we rescued. Don't know what else.. I love Avery Island.. and recently discovered I am super allergic to those stinging caterpillars you guys have down here. 8-o

So the pics from the meet-up, I'm guessing were from the Daiquiri Cafe in Sherwood? That's over by our vets office and we need to go pick up some heartworm stuff.. I take it they allow vaping there regularly?

Actually, I'm from Zachary, but I moved through Baton Rouge (and Lafayette and Dallas and Albuquerque and Lafayette again and Baker and....) on my way to Denham Springs. I got a SE at the Mall of Louisiana about a month ago and got my SD by mail last week. Friday, I lit an analog and it was so nasty I put it out. Yay! Finally free of so many things I hated about smoking, yet with vaping, I can have the best parts. I am very pleased to find there are others in BR area who are into it full time. I wonder how many people bought SE at the mall and then gave up because all the carts were dry? Oh, Ra Shop is carrying them, too. Anwayway, I just wish I would have resisted the purchase and gone online first. I don't know why I didn't. I do everything online. I never go to the mall. But, here I am, and my health and sanity are worth every penny I've spent so far.

I'm 48, have 1 kid and 3 horses. I'm totally into the horses.

I hope to go to karaoke night and meet the Walrus in person. How exciting!!!! I hope to find a meet-up scheduled with all of yall.

My order didn't get sent because I didn't push enough buttons in Paypal and I didn't get a cancellation notice for 6 days. My more recent order hasn't arrived yet. I'm almost out of juice and my cartridges are all pretty much used. I don't want to have to smoke analogs this weekend so if somebody could meet up with me in Baton Rouge and sell or lend me some juice I would be super grateful. I'll be downtown all day at work, but I can get away to meet you any time during the day. After about 4 I'll be free to go anywhere to get some juice. Please I hope somebody reads this...

Sasseaux

Moved On
Aug 3, 2009
Denham Springs, LA
  • Deleted by Sun Vaporer
  • Reason: Per OP's request

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
Hiya.

I was born and raised in California and now live here in Louisiana. Lafayette, but figured NOLA would be easiest to pinpoint for posting in the newbie area. A year and a half after the move, still experiencing a bit of culture shock. I saw live crawfish for the first time last week, have decided I like them best boiled. :oops: My fiance and I are nerds, have two shelter dogs and a cat we rescued. Don't know what else.. I love Avery Island.. and recently discovered I am super allergic to those stinging caterpillars you guys have down here. 8-o

So the pics from the meet-up, I'm guessing were from the Daiquiri Cafe in Sherwood? That's over by our vets office and we need to go pick up some heartworm stuff.. I take it they allow vaping there regularly?

Sorry there hasn't been a response... lost track of the forum. It wasn't so much a meet-up as everyone in the picture hangs out there. The DC still allows smoking, so yeah... vaping is fine. I'd go nuts otherwise.

Krakkan

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2009
New Orleans, LA
www.truesmoker.com
Juice Crisis Averted! Lovely Rita just met up with me at Micky D's and handed over the plentiful juice contents of her purse. What a sweetheart! Kickit juice, 2 vanilla flavors and a strawberry. I'm set!

Also, JD called me back promptly in response to the voicemail I left at TrueSmoker. You guys all rock!!!!!!!

I have plenty of flavors stocked like I said also all my La orders make it to you overnight so if ever the need arises again and don't feel like driving to Metairie -- order a day early and you are set :)

nyx

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2009
Austin, TX
hiyo.. thrilled to see a group for we southerners on here.. not to mention some fellow self-proclaimed nerds and online gamers ;D

i'm originally from southeast texas, orange to be exact, and moved around so much with my father's job that i went to a different school every year from the third grade 'til high school (three different areas in houston; victoria; corpus christi; and even lived overseas in hong kong and singapore for a year and half before finally making my way back to the good ol' armpit of the south here). finally ended up around the lake charles area for college and even taught freshmen english at mcneese state university there for three years before deciding that it was too much of a headache to try to teach grown ppl how sentences work and "retired" so to say to get back to playing music and doing the residential construction work that's keeping my bills paid today.

my best friend is my cat, sgt. pepper, and most of time is spent either playing my guitars, shaping my nails so that i can play my guitars (stop smirking ;p), reading, or playing games on the computer (used to be an mmo addict: city of villains & world of warcraft; but now i'm just revisiting old favorites like diablo II and the knights of the old republic until bioware's old republic mmo launches).

that's probably too much info, but oh well.. i'm just happy to finally be off the cigarettes and to have ppl to share it with. all the best to you all.

JaxGurl

Nov 6, 2009
United States
Haaayyy... I live in New Orleans. Bestbank. Just joined & I'm new to vaping. I use a KR808D-1.
Glad to know I'm not the only person in the city who knows what vaping is! ;) I'm actually a little 'scared' to do it in public as I'm not sure what kind of reaction I'll receive. The friends I've shown my unit to had little to no knowledge at all about ecigs.

Are there any smoke shops in the area that sell ecigs and supplies?

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
Haaayyy... I live in New Orleans. Bestbank. Just joined & I'm new to vaping. I use a KR808D-1.
Glad to know I'm not the only person in the city who knows what vaping is! ;) I'm actually a little 'scared' to do it in public as I'm not sure what kind of reaction I'll receive. The friends I've shown my unit to had little to no knowledge at all about ecigs.

Are there any smoke shops in the area that sell ecigs and supplies?

Hey... I'm from Terrytown, although I live in Baton Rouge now. I are a gradiate of West Jeff HS.

wickedskulls

Nov 3, 2009
I am from all over south LA. I have lived in Marrero, Independence, denham springs, gretna, river ridge, luling, destrehan, Houma, and currently in Paradis. Anyway it is nice to see vapers in LA and fellow Veterans. Although I am still waiting on my first E-cig I am sure that i will enjoy it as much as everyone else. I hope to be analog free soon.

Hi y'all. I'm not too far from Lafayette, LA between Arnaudville and Leonville. I just started vaping 11-7-09 when I got my vocanoecigs. I posted some stuff on vapeatron so I just copied/pasted it here:

Hubs and I met our friends at a local club (in Opelousas) to hear a local band. First time in a club for other wife and I to use e-cigs. This is the only club around to NOT ALLOW smoking inside. They even set up a huge flat screen in the window for smokers to watch from outside. LOL

We informed Bouncer/doorman/local policeman we know of our intent to vape INSIDE....cool, no problem. We informed bartenders and employees of the same...no problem. She and I vaped all night, loving it and snickering at all the smokers having to go outside. We also noticed the stinky smell coming in with the smokers and of course had to comment on how GOOD WE smelled with our flavored vapors. Ahha!

One girl sitting near us lit up a cig and an employee was on her within a millisecond, shooing her outside. She thought WE were smoking...

Fun Fun creating such an effect! :w00t:

Kellyinbr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
South Louisiana
I'm Kelly and I have been vaping for a lil over a year now. Fell off the wagon for a bit but got back on it......I'm 30yrs old, a wife and a mom of 3 (13-daughter 10-son 8-son) and Yes my teenager knows it ALL!!! understatement in her mind. Oh and I live in Albany, La which is close to Hammond and not to far from Denham Springs and Baton Rouge....Have lived previously in ...All in La .. Albany, Natalbany, Walker, Denham Springs, Baton Rouge, and Jackson. whew..thats alot, but been here for 7 yrs .

Im gonna stop rambling now,

Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread