Status
Not open for further replies.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Storage, Storage, Storage. So many flavorings. Since the op is just beginning, might I suggest to organize your flavorings now before it gets out of hand.
Also, store your nic safely away from kids, pets.
I mix by weight. I use Ketchup and Mustard squeeze bottles for my PG/VG.
I also like to use a mini funnel when mixing. No more aiming at that tiny opening.
I started using beakers to mix, bought cheap ones on amazon. So much easier, I just rinse with hot water; worth every penny.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    This is pretty much how I make my juice. Other than this, I use a small plastic funnel and a couple of pipettes (for flavors without dropper tips) which I just rinse out and reuse. I keep my working nic in a 60ml glass bottle with a dropper cap. My working PG and VG are in 4oz PET square bottles with Yorker caps. I've become much faster, though. It becomes where I can measure by the rhythm of the drops hitting the scale. Same scale, too. I think most everyone has seen this, so I am posting it just for @RaisedFist . Enjoy.

The first part is kind of lengthy and redundant, you can just skip to 20:26.

Last edited:

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 12, 2011
    New Orleans
    It's funny cus when I went DIY juice I bought a bunch of stuff at first that I never use anymore. I got so comfortable with the formulas and ratios that these days I just mix each 5 mil batch directly in the tank itself. I just count the drops and shake up the tank and vape. You'll get there too, I think everyone does after a while.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    But why would you intentionally use bottles that require a screwdriver or knife to open when there are better alternatives?

For me it's because I have a stash of 30+ 50ml bottles leftover from vaping commercial ejuice ;)

drool.jpg

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Storage, Storage, Storage. So many flavorings. Since the op is just beginning, might I suggest to organize your flavorings now before it gets out of hand.
    Also, store your nic safely away from kids, pets.
    I mix by weight. I use Ketchup and Mustard squeeze bottles for my PG/VG.
    I also like to use a mini funnel when mixing. No more aiming at that tiny opening.

Since we're on the subject of fingernails - someone in the DIY forum came up with the. brilliant idea of using these to store your flavours in. You can fit a 30ml bottle in each slot, or two 15ml bottles:

Lumcrissy Portable Nail Polish Organizer

mystash.jpg

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    A word about syringes with blunt tip needles. Some of those needles are as large as 16 gauge and are almost 2 inches long. That's great for getting down in deep bottles but you have to take that amount of Nicotine PG VG or flavorings into account when you mix because that won't be included on your graduation marks on the syringe. Especially with Nicotine, you could overdo it by mis-measuring if mixing small batches. For a more exact measurement always clear your needle and or unscrew it before transferring liquids. It might be the thing that makes or breaks your batch.
    I respectfully disagree with the portion of your statement which I underlined above.
    The only time any size needle becomes problematic; is when the syringe is misused. Misuse, in this case, is double (or more) pumping the plunger of the syringe (usually to clear the excess liquid; and thereby causing the erroneous measurement). The extra volume, that is introduced by the addition of the needle's own volume, is a zero sum result. Yes, there is extra fluid in the needle; but that extra fluid remains in the needle (as well as the tip) after the first depression of the plunger, and does not create an over-pour.

If the DIYer wants to reclaim the residual fluid left in the needle (after dispensing the measured amount); double pump the syringe back into the original concentrate bottle... not into the current recipe batch.

Where needles can cause problems, if the DIYer is not paying attention, is by introducing air bubbles into the syringe. If these air bubbles are not removed before measuring and dispensing; they will create under-pour situation. To be as precise as the syringe is capable of (syringes, just like scales, have defined acceptable +/- tolerance ranges); the bubble(s) should first be removed, and then measure and dispense the desired volume.

BTW: I struggled with the idea of what impact the needle does/doesn't have regarding measuring too. It wasn't until I spoke with a friend, who is a registered nurse, that I was finally able to get my head wrapped around it. :)

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Damn you randomer's! Finally had to breakdown and put this on the wishlist. Thinking it'll be great for regularly used attys and atty stuff.

Yep, I want another one purely for that after seeing @DeloresRose 's awesome atty case. And another one as I keep wanting more flavours :D

muth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Since we're on the subject of fingernails - someone in the DIY forum came up with the. brilliant idea of using these to store your flavours in. You can fit a 30ml bottle in each slot, or two 15ml bottles:

Lumcrissy Portable Nail Polish Organizer

View attachment 829097
    OMG I have the exact same thing! We must all have attached brainwaves:laugh:I just recently organized my flavors in pull out drawers because I just had too many.
    NQO6cZ82BNqcpRZU7pd9WudfZhoa6E6EiN7ULypFBWJyQ_J5OgByEBXpMx6sS8ogaWaXAdvnetOfC-Yul1uvZ94VadiSs6fyk4LmFU9KBdXWLOMtWXPKMCS2In-PiSqEXi9VcH4SxKJqxp3Ih4wFA66mc_u8GXotncI-1qSrKnTZll7YKDEXtFeD5RPyotloCYApHOdmaKU0hbWde2W6rWYImUYewKrTM3TlLKACsmLRLU03NtI_QAAr8akc95g8xrsN-PA2HGotd4ZE6eNJ6WG_0so5nJQEnukKMB-9Dsfaeq_pLekcFjmB-do6mQH4eC5VSuGW_f4xQerGo4APIpTAOrr0gHMpIk557bipCamnS9RhqhUKsyk-dQAgO-uLJTNvTfW5cLf62YsoIoZnmycEcnVcNiVCzIkrC32yg4672LXptnPH6JsUIeaMS0OdWcTjttD822Hsnz0MtpN1BUiHyzPdaO_Xg6U0WMT0aHkeUSv0kKZiJtxv-9_3pvSP4BhaNaga4kv_upN1JJ7XsLj4VJBBRTDVnoXpgRjuQju0bx4ks5VwDwKwQ5A_J0B-JFIMkqfPbnKYFhTxwyrNXuqtwNbMbuMuvajB77yRDKKogEyQruo7jJV8mjscKbZKDgSyLGJ-HU8bGaXalC5dGzvKZmcFz5o=w440-h586-no

muth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    I make my own bottle boxes from craft boxes and sheetrock corner bead and elastic cord. The corner bead and elastic cords hold the bottles at an angle to be able to read the labels. I'm up to 14 Flavor boxes...Lol

View attachment 829119
    Nice setup:thumb: Now I'm going to dig out that vibrating massager thingy and tie down my bottles on it:laugh:

Last edited:

RaisedFist

Jul 20, 2019
    This is pretty much how I make my juice. Other than this, I use a small plastic funnel and a couple of pipettes (for flavors without dropper tips) which I just rinse out and reuse. I keep my working nic in a 60ml glass bottle with a dropper cap. My working PG and VG are in 4oz PET square bottles with Yorker caps. I've become much faster, though. It becomes where I can measure by the rhythm of the drops hitting the scale. Same scale, too. I think most everyone has seen this, so I am posting it just for @RaisedFist . Enjoy.

The first part is kind of lengthy and redundant, you can just skip to 20:26.

THANK YOU @smacuser !!
    There were a couple of really helpful hints in there, a few I figured out myself, through trail and error.
    (Mostly error.)
    :lol:
    But on the whole a good video to help the beginner plebs such as myself, and I must say, I'm getting into the swing of the DIY thing, made a couple of Frankenstien flavours of my own, they didn't tase the greatest, but I've got them steeping under my sink. :thumbs:

Attachments

• DIY Juices.jpg
      DIY Juices.jpg
      837.6 KB · Views: 6

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2019
    London
    Sometimes mixes are great without steeping. Just shake 'n' vape. Always worth trying when mixing. Taste is subjective as is always noted in vaping discussions therefore steeping should not be regarded as necessarily improving a mix. Steeping will change a mix, yes, but as to whether that change is for the better..well that depends on personal taste.

RaisedFist

Jul 20, 2019
    Sometimes mixes are great without steeping. Just shake 'n' vape. Always worth trying when mixing. Taste is subjective as is always noted in vaping discussions therefore steeping should not be regarded as necessarily improving a mix. Steeping will change a mix, yes, but as to whether that change is for the better..well that depends on personal taste.
    Yeah, I'm trying the seeping thing, apparently anything with a vanilla custard in it needs a good week to month to steep before the taste notes come out properly, so I'm trying to stay away from those (as much as I'm dying to try them) but I've made a whole bunch of fruty "Ready-t-vape" juices to keep my attention.:lol:
    I just mixed up a root beer with vanilla ice cream float which I just want to devour, but I'm going to just tase it and then let it steep for a week or so. :nun:

kross8

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 20, 2016
    stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
    Standard turkey baster syringe at grocery store/dollar store is marked for 30+mls. (Comes handy when I haven't mixed up a vg&pg base and I'm in a rush)

I mix a couple dif ways depending on how busy I am.

This year I decided to make my own "1 shot/single mix". So I bought my 6 recipe flavors in larger volume,,, mixed it up in 500 ml stainless steel water bottle,,, (yes I hit this with the immersion blender) I just shake the bottle and pull out 12mls and put it in my 120ml reg bottle with premixed vg&pg ,,,(nic is then added or not depending if the in-laws are in town

If I'm starting from the very beginning without any premix of recipe or vg+pg... I pour 250ml of vg in my marked cup,,add the recipe then top off the cup to 500 mls with pg ,,,then I hit it with the immersion blender for about a minute (white foam tells me the flavor molecule are broken down) this is all poured into another 500 ml bottle of finished juice

,,this is the part everyone misses,, I do not ever put nic in my mixing,,it never gets beat up or blended until I my final point of use,,,most of the time I am zero nic.

So,, I have on hand most of the time 3stainless steel water bottles of:
    1 -500ml bottle for completed ejuice
    1-500 ml bottle of vg+pg only
    1-500 ml bottle of flavor blend/single shot

1-30ml glass bottle of nic as "in use"

When I go on vacation I do take all 3 just in case I cant get back home for some reason,. I got caught in California once because of a hurricane at home.

This likely wouldn't work for those who use several recipes,,i pretty much vape the same flavor everyday for almost 3years now,,,, sampling dif vape juices on vacation since I don't really shop at all.

Anyway,, you will find what works for you over time,,just enjoy the journey ;)

Last edited:

RaisedFist

Jul 20, 2019
    Standard turkey baster syringe at grocery store/dollar store is marked for 30+mls. (Comes handy when I haven't mixed up a vg&pg base and I'm in a rush)

I mix a couple dif ways depending on how busy I am.

This year I decided to make my own "1 shot/single mix". So I bought my 6 recipe flavors in larger volume,,, mixed it up in 500 ml stainless steel water bottle,,, (yes I hit this with the immersion blender) I just shake the bottle and pull out 12mls and put it in my 120ml reg bottle with premixed vg&pg ,,,(nic is then added or not depending if the in-laws are in town

If I'm starting from the very beginning without any premix of recipe or vg+pg... I pour 250ml of vg in my marked cup,,add the recipe then top off the cup to 500 mls with pg ,,,then I hit it with the immersion blender for about a minute (white foam tells me the flavor molecule are broken down) this is all poured into another 500 ml bottle of finished juice

,,this is the part everyone misses,, I do not ever put nic in my mixing,,it never gets beat up or blended until I my final point of use,,,most of the time I am zero nic.

So,, I have on hand most of the time 3stainless steel water bottles of:
    1 -500ml bottle for completed ejuice
    1-500 ml bottle of vg+pg only
    1-500 ml bottle of flavor blend/single shot

1-30ml glass bottle of nic as "in use"

When I go on vacation I do take all 3 just in case I cant get back home for some reason,. I got caught in California once because of a hurricane at home.

This likely wouldn't work for those who use several recipes,,i pretty much vape the same flavor everyday for almost 3years now,,,, sampling dif vape juices on vacation since I don't really shop at all.

Anyway,, you will find what works for you over time,,just enjoy the journey ;)
    Wow, I thought I was organized due to pragmatic German heritage, but you take the cake lady!! :lol::lol:
    I don't go on vacation, I'd have to leave my cottage for that, but when I go out, I have a full squonk and a back up 30ml Chubby Gorilla as back up, in case of zombie apocalypse :pervy:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread