Lacking international news on the vaping front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
It is beginning to appear that in the US and Canada at least the wholesale attack on e-cigarettes is slowing though not stopped. Court challenges have been made in several states announcing bans resulting in temporary injunctions, and similar things seem to me at least to be happening in Canada though their politics and legal system differ and I don’t understand them very well. There were several other nations that produce critical ecig products also making legislative moves though and I’ve seen little information about them except initial announcements. India and China in particular.

India: makes liquid nic and I think some flavorings.
China: makes hardware and liquid nic and
flavorings.

anyone have any news on what is happening in those places?

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
From VapingPost on 10/1. IDK how the ban affects nic base.

India sticks to anti-vaping guns
Protests against India’s recent ban on vaping seem to have fizzled out, with fewer than 400 people turning up for a series of planned demonstrations – and the country’s federal government insists it’s going ahead with the crackdown.

The ban was introduced in September and makes it a crime to manufacture, import, distribute or sell vapour products. The Association of Vapers India has called on the government to regulate, rather than ban, e-cigarettes and liquids. However, the government claims that vaping can “push users towards using tobacco,” despite a complete lack of evidence for this alleged “gateway effect”.

AVI planned coordinated protests in six cities for last Saturday, but only a few dozen people turned up for each. It’s unclear why turnout was so low, although Indian police have previously intercepted protesters and released them miles from their destination.

Approximately 900,000 Indians die from tobacco-related diseases every year, mostly because of particularly dangerous cigarettes called bidis. The government has no plans to ban the sale of either bidis or conventional cigarettes; they’re only targeting reduced-harm products.

• Informative
Reactions: bombastinator

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
From VapingPost on 10/1. IDK how the ban affects nic base.
Thanks. “Manufacture” and what all it applies to is the key word for US residents.

the numbers do seem weirdly low. 10/1 is a bit over two weeks ago. Iirc There have been some changes in the CDC site in that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread