• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ladies give me your tricks on stopping a snoring husband/Partner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
Could it be Sleep Apnea? If so, there are a few things he can do, like using a CPAP machine at night, or there is even surgery that can correct it.

I had the surgery, and it took care of the problem completely, and the wife is much happier (and better rested).

Eek... I need to look at where I am before I post. Sorry for barging in! :oops:

imawitch

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
anywhere my broomstick takes me
oh my stars..

my darling husband snores...he keeps me awake at nite..

ive tried alot of things..what are those bandaide looking things that go across your nose to open your nasal sinus? i forget what they are called..tried those, didnt work..

tried something, and again, i forget whats its called, but its spray that you spray in your throat to stop snoring? but that didnt work either..

i contiplated turning my husband into a frog, lol

the only thing that works? i bought those soft cushy earplugs for myself:laugh:

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Give it up and sleep in your own Queen room.

Imagine having your own quiet space, decorated exactly the way you like it, a bed designed just for your regal body, perhaps your bed would be soft and fluffy with 900+ count Egyptian cotton sheets and amazing Queenly pillows.

This also creates an opportunity for an invitation to be extended for a fun night followed by a departing lover who sleeps uninterrupted in his own room while you slumber in complete peace and silence in yours.

It could be an amazing transformation for 2 people who are actually well-rested all the time.

stover.p

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2010
Oklahoma

Imagine having your own quiet space, decorated exactly the way you like it, a bed designed just for your regal body, perhaps your bed would be soft and fluffy with 900+ count Egyptian cotton sheets and amazing Queenly pillows.

This also creates an opportunity for an invitation to be extended for a fun night followed by a departing lover who sleeps uninterrupted in his own room while you slumber in complete peace and silence in yours.

It could be an amazing transformation for 2 people who are actually well-rested all the time.

Ditto to that SuZamme! After poking,proding and kicking for 26 years we've now decided to sleep in seperate rooms. We are both much more rested for the "fun" stuff ;) He has a spiderman comforter and I have my down comforter he doesn't like..... It's a win win situation for us.

Lilacs212too

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
Williamsburg, VA

Perhaps this is why the divorce rate was so low when Ozzie and Harriet and those shows were on.. wasn't it that era that didn't share a bed? LoL or was that only for TV? I am a few generations too young

jopo

Aug 10, 2010
Charlotte NC
My husband has sleep apnea. My question is: Does your husband stop breathing?! That's when it turns from simple snoring to life and death! Seriously. I realize as he's lying there sawin' away you want to kill him but....That could be the thing that finally gets in to the Dr. That's what it took for mine, "I don't snore THAT bad", yeah yournot the one that's awake all night listening and poking you to BREATHE!

Sylvie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2010
USA

lol I like this answer!! Sounds veryyyy familiar :) No egyptian sheets over here though, only the cats who quickly claimed the other side of the bed lol

Fudgey

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2010
Oklahoma

DH doesn't snore much, but I can dream can't I ;) Oh to have a whole bed to myself.

Safira

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
Plainfield,IL
My brother was at my parents house one day and we were all having dinner. He fell asleep at the table and I could tell he has sleep apnea really bad. You can here him stop breathing and then see his whole body shake as his body tries to figure out how to breath again. It's very scary, and I think you would know.

If that isn't it, then do what I do to my DH, keep poking or lightly kicking him every time he starts snoring until he rolls over. When we 1st got married we had an old fashioned water bed. That was nice because I could just make a wave in the bed to get him to stop snoring.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
I sleep on the couch. My husband not only snores and makes God-Awful noises, he never is still. He flails out his arms and legs, dumps me and the dog on the floor, and talks, sometimes LOUDLY, the whole bit. He also suffers with flatulence, although that he thinks is just amusing! It isn't, if you're in the line of fire. Or if the wind is blowing just right. In fact, it's darned offensive and insulting.
Once I've been awakened 3 or 4 times I can't go back to sleep. Sleep deprevation is awfully dangerous, if you know what I mean!
Also try to get him into a Sleep Program, he may need some professional advice. Life is too short. Good luck to you....but you need to have him get some help.

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
Mine better half has sleep apnea and snores like a freight train. I have to poke and tickle and nudge him most of the night.Poke-breathe, nudge- to stop the snoring for a couple seconds and tickle-breathe again, I think I just fall asleep out of pure exhaustion sometimes. After all these years I probably couldn't get ANY sleep if he weren't there buzz sawing away.

HaploVoss

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Rogersville, MO - USA
Not a lady to help you here, but I am a husband who snored... my wife and I saw a commercial a long time ago for these little strip thingies that you stick to the bridge of your nose at night. I have been snore free since. I can't remember the name right now as I am on the road and don't have it in front of me. (Yeah yeah - typical male)

But basically, it is a sem-firm strip of plastic that when you stick it on, opens up your nose and forces you to breathe normally at night. Even helps my apnea.

Something to think about or try anyway. Hope it helps.

Take care,
- Hap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread