The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Lady Pipe Batteries???

Discussion in 'Mini Pipe' started by phillydes, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. phillydes

phillydes Full Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    I'm not sure this post is on the correct thread, so Mods feel free to move it to where you feel it belongs.

I just receive a Lady Pipe RS-888 and it is totally awesome. Tons of vapor and a great throat hit. I just have one small problem. One of the batteries only holds a charge for about 2 hours. I know they are supposed to last for about 500 puffs according to what I've read about them so I obviously got ahold of a bad one...I think. I just put my second battery in after it finished it's 12 hour charge so I don't know how long it will last either.

My question is, does anybody know where I can buy some spare batteries for the Lady Pipe? I prefer the supplier be in the US but will also consider an overseas supplier.

2. surbitonPete

surbitonPete Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2009
    North Yorkshire UK
  3. phillydes

phillydes Full Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks Pete, I appreciate your reply. I don't think those batteries are rechargeable though, are they?

4. Vince1

Vince1 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 6, 2009
    Down South, USA.
    Phillydes, I have just ordered a 4 pack from e-bay for $18 free shipping. They are battery #14250 but I will not be 100% sure they fit until I get them.

Pete, the +pole looks a little tall on those?

5. surbitonPete

Jan 25, 2009
    North Yorkshire UK
    No you are right sorry, I had only looked the size up quickly last night and bookmarked it without really reading it.

6. phillydes

phillydes Full Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    Vince,

Thanks, but again I don't think those are rechargeable, are they? They may be worth it though if they last a long time, but I prefer to get rechargeable spares if I can find them.

7. Vince1

Feb 6, 2009
    Down South, USA.
    They are lithium,click the image for description, Far as I know all lithium are rechargeable. What would anybody want with non-chargeable batteries?

For everything you ever wanted to know about batteries- http://www.batteryuniversity.com/partone.htm

8. surbitonPete

Jan 25, 2009
    North Yorkshire UK
    those batteries I had found were lithium and I had thought the same thing about lithium...but after reading the page ....it says 'single use'

9. Vince1

Feb 6, 2009
    Down South, USA.
    I'll do some checking, the ones I ordered are Lithium thionyl chloride. Can't say 100% if rechargeable or not at this time.

EDIT- The Lithium Thionyl Chloride battery is not rechargeable. Do not use.

10. surbitonPete

Jan 25, 2009
    North Yorkshire UK
    I see what you mean about the positive terminal on the ones I had found vince.....they sure do look a bit tall!

11. yvilla

yvilla Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    Have you checked Deal Extreme? They seem to have every kind of battery imagineable.

PS: There are plenty of non-rechargeable lithium batteries. Must look for those that are specifically rechargeable.

12. phillydes

phillydes Full Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    I went to Radio Shak yesterday to look for these same batteries and found out that they are not rechargeable. I don't know enough about Lithium batteries to know the difference, but I'm fairly certain the 14250 batteries are not rechargeable. I tried to read a little about the Lithium-Ion batteries and it does talk about charging/recharging, but is there a difference between a straight Lithium battery and a Lithium-Ion battery? I guess I'm not smart enough to figure it out. Maybe one of our electronic gurus on the forum could help us out.

13. Vince1

Feb 6, 2009
    Down South, USA.
    Phillydes, thank you so much for your input in this matter, You just saved me from blowing up my batteries and charger. I was under the impression that all Lithium batteries were rechargeable and they are not.

14. yvilla

yvilla Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    Phil, I almost made the same mistake when I went to Radio Shack looking for SD batteries when I first got it. They have the right size and specs battery in the single use format, sold as a camera battery, but of course way too expensive in comparison to the Deal Extreme batteries.

15. surbitonPete

Jan 25, 2009
    North Yorkshire UK
    Me too I am glad this question came up.....I would probably have brought a couple of the batteries without reading the details properly!!

16. Vince1

Feb 6, 2009
    Down South, USA.
  17. surbitonPete

Jan 25, 2009
    North Yorkshire UK
  18. phillydes

phillydes Full Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thank you all for your inputs...Not only are we becoming expert vapers, but battery experts too.

Vince...Great find, Dude!!! I don't want to rain on your parade, but I'm still not sure that one will work either. It's rated at 300mAh...If I remember correctly these atomizers take around 1,000 mAh to work properly. Let's all keep looking to find one rated at around 1,000mAh.

yvilla, thank you so much for your input also. I looked in Deal Extreme and didn't find the correct battery though either.

19. Vince1

Feb 6, 2009
    Down South, USA.
    The charger that came with the pipe is only rated at 450mah so you will have to get a better charger.

20. surbitonPete

Jan 25, 2009
    North Yorkshire UK
    again I am not really sure.. but I think that's only to do with how fast it charges...it will still charge the battery to it's full potential.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.