Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
DIY will save a lot of money, especially if you already have the stuff to do so.

Nope.I don't have the stuff, but I do have some severance pay. And then there is unemployment. My husband has been picking up more side work as well. Hopefully he can pick up more while I try and find something else.

keonee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
USA
So sorry to hear that you were laid off Tinkiegrrl.

Try DIY....when I first read about it I thought no way will I be able to do this.....that was over a half year ago and I haven't looked back. For me DIY is so much better.....I make it to my preferences. I would start with 1 flavor to get the hang of it, plus then it only needs a few days to steep.

Once you have your supplies it's very cost effective.

Good Luck to You!!!

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Basic DIY. Don't try to get too complex - keep it to single flavor mixes so you don't have to throw out a lotta "heartache and regret" from over-flavored mixes that can end badly. Starting is easy if you keep is simple.

Saved your empty bottles? (Please tell me you saved your empty bottles...)

Always keep watching here for DIY places running sales. => http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/pay-forward-pif/418767-deals-steals.html

Need VG? You can get it at CVS - should be in the cough & cold section. Got any CVS coupons?

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY

Try DIY....when I first read about it I thought no way will I be able to do this.....that was over a half year ago and I haven't looked back. For me DIY is so much better.....I make it to my preferences. I would start with 1 flavor to get the hang of it, plus then it only needs a few days to steep.

Good Luck to You!!!

Yeah. My husband is a chef by trade, so hopefully we can pull some pretty tasty stuff together. He's been toying with the idea on going into business, but the chemistry aspect has him hesitant. That is, however, a strength of mine. Maybe we can make a good team, seeing how I'll have the time to devote to it now.

jeramyjp

Aug 6, 2014
United States

Good Luck to You!!!
I second this. As will many others. I make my own juice for my wife and I. Only working with single flavors right now until I get my order in Thursday. Then I'm trying my hand at some TFA recipes, and a Sugar Bear clone. But with just flavors and no nico, can make a bottle for about a dollar. If you still have some empty bottles.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Basic DIY. Don't try to get too complex - keep it to single flavor mixes so you don't have to throw out a lotta "heartache and regret" from over-flavored mixes that can end badly. Starting is easy if you keep is simple.

Saved your empty bottles? (Please tell me you saved your empty bottles...)

Always keep watching here for DIY places running sales. => http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/pay-forward-pif/418767-deals-steals.html

Need VG? You can get it at CVS - should be in the cough & cold section. Got any CVS coupons?

I keep my eye on deals and steals a lot. Just always skimmed past the DIY stuff. Just didn't have the time for that, but now I do.

RaceGun59

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Owensboro, KY
Well. I was just laid off. Any money saving tips for vaping would be greatly appreciated. I already rebuild and have a good stock of kanthal and cotton. I guess it's DIY for me....

Wally World and Hobby Lobby carry flavoring LorAnn flavorings. Stay away from the oil based flavorings.
Local cup cake store has single bottles of LorAnn flavoring in about 50 flavors for about $2 a bottle. Good way to play with mixing flavors without over spending until you find flavors you like.
Save the "dang that didn't turn out right" flavors for the vapor tongue days or if you have a cold. can't taste the flavor anyway. Some receipies use distilled water. .89 a gallon at wally world.
I got some bottles of Dekang juice in my favorite flavor grape from a gas station for a song because another bottle had leaked on the labels. Held me over during a rough stretch.
Now that you have stopped laughing at the Dekang juice, it was what got me off the stinkies over a year ago.

PS. I remember being on the stinkies and cash poor right before payday and scavaging the last bit of tobacco from the butts for roll your own. In the real world we do what we gotta do.

Last edited:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Nope.I don't have the stuff, but I do have some severance pay. And then there is unemployment. My husband has been picking up more side work as well. Hopefully he can pick up more while I try and find something else.

Find out immediately - call or web site - the first date you can file for your benefits. Your first date of eligibility will be based on your filing date, and there is the "grace" period first where you don't receive benefits at all. Don't wait thinking you will get retroactive benefits and can file after your severance runs out first. Doesn't work that way. Well, you can do that - but you won't get retroactive unemployment bennies for it.

Pedrobear

Verified Member
Aug 3, 2014
PA
Rick is right, go online and file ASAP. Assuming all states are the same and you worked enough, afaik, you can receive upto 26 benefit weeks at roughly half your net check income. You are required to use 1 week as a "waiting week" and you don't get paid. It helps, and don't wait to file!

My wife and I just went through this, lucky I was recalled back with 4 weeks left in my yearly claim and she's still chillen lol.

Last edited:

Catuela

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
Chester, VA
My big money saver that has helped me a bunch. I buy the 235ml bottle of juice from mt. Baker with 5 extra flavor shots. I order it with higher nic than I vape and I order it with max PG. I then get straight VG on the cheap from Amazon. I then mix a 30ml bottle with a 50/50 of the juice with the VG. I am able to make a 235ml bottle last a very, very long time this way.
Some of the benefits of DIY without having the hassle.

(depending on the flavor you choose, your results will vary.)

Just my .02

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Find out immediately - call or web site - the first date you can file for your benefits. Your first date of eligibility will be based on your filing date, and there is the "grace" period first where you don't receive benefits at all. Don't wait thinking you will get retroactive benefits and can file after your severance runs out first. Doesn't work that way. Well, you can do that - but you won't get retroactive unemployment bennies for it.

I've done it before, but then it was expected. I had a seasonal job then, and was prepared to get laid off for the winter. This is the first time I've ever really gotten a surprise like this.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Rick is right, go online and file ASAP. Assuming all states are the same and you worked enough, afaik, you can receive upto 26 benefit weeks at roughly half your net check income. You are required to use 1 week as a "waiting week" and you don't get paid. It helps, and don't wait to file!

My wife and I just went through this, lucky I was recalled back with 4 weeks left in my yearly claim and she's still chillen lol.

I need to wait on a couple weeks of severance pay first, before I can file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread