The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Lanyard for Provari...available online or custom made suggestions

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by JiGGLiN, Mar 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. JiGGLiN

JiGGLiN Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Hey all,

As I patiently wait for my Provari to be shipped and received, I've been looking for an ideal way to carry it.

I've been using a lanyard with my ego twists since I got it and would like a similar thing if possible. I have a tendency to lose things or drop them if they are not attached to me in some way. My concern is the weight and bulkiness of the provari with a lanyard. I spend half my week on my feet and in hospital scrubs.

Last thing I want is it falling out of my pocket and falling onto a patient or floor that is contaminated with all the latest superbugs.

I really want something that is cheap and effective. I am also concerned about the weight and appearance/bulkiness (under my shirt)

From what I've read up so far my options are-

serenity gear- solid product but a bit out of budget for now. Plus I'm not sure which one would be the appropriate size since I will be picking up "the twins" to be able to use all battery sizes.

Universal type flashlight holder- the hole on the bottom draws concerns of it one day slipping out the bottom and falling or worst case losing.

sleeve lanyard- made for similar sized devices- again, concerned with varying length compatibility. Don't want to have to remove each time I use device

Device from 405vapors- don't like the looks, plus similar concerns with it falling, etc.

Someone else had posted a lanyard that they got from a vape convention that looked nice, but I don't see that available anywhere online.

I'm willing to make a custom lanyard if its my only option. Some guidance in this area would be appreciated , as I don't want to rig something up that looks like crap- my expertise involves healthcare and not making/building things, but with the proper guidance, I can figure it out.

I'm a little wary of holsters because I assume I will need one that is open ended. Living in the city of the scandalous I trust no one and don't want to get "jacked"!

Sorry for the long post...everyones input/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. JiGGLiN

Nov 9, 2011
    Los Angeles
    :tumble:

No one with any suggestions? :confused:

3. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    If it was me, I'd save up for the Serenity Gear sleeve/lanyard combo. Not really a better solution than them and are definitely worth the money in my opinion.

Not a lanyard, but I did a DIY protective rubber sleeve for $9 from a motorcycle handle bar grip and an Exacto knife.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provari/326118-diy-inexpensive-rubber-provari-protective-grip.html

RubberSleeve-2.jpg

If looking just for a way to carry your Provari and gear to work, I use the following Smokeless Image carrying case. Room for two mods, extra batteries, juice bottles, or juice delivery devices. I wear scrubs too as I work in surgery; I keep my mods in my locker and stealth vape when I get the chance during breaks.

http://smokelessimage.com/accessories/cases/xl-carrying-case.html

Organizer.jpg X2 carrying case.jpg

Another option for spare batteries and juice delivery devices are these smaller cases that Smokeless Image sells. These can fit easily in a purse or on a keychain:

http://smokelessimage.com/accessories/cases/keychaincase.html

casewcaribiner.jpg casewcaribiner3.jpg

4. The Ocelot

The Ocelot Psychopomp Verified Member ECF Veteran

I was looking at the lanyards at Serenity and they look so cool, but I can't see myself wearing Blemini Cricket (my mini) around my neck because of the weight.

5. JiGGLiN

Nov 9, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Which serenity lanyard/sleeve combo would you recommend I get considering I will have the twins and the length of the provari may vary day to day. I'm sure I'll stick to one size which won't run out on me during my 12 hour shifts.

I have a carry case like the one you linked, but I need to keep my provari on my person since I'm never in my dept except for lunch time. I'm usually all over the hospital going back and forth. Plus, I would like to capitalize in between patient care for a quick vape in an unoccupied bathroom. :oops:

Definitely digging your custom moto grip. Something definitely to consider.
    That is a big concern, definitely gonna be a lot different than carrying my twists. How heavy you think it is loaded in stock form?

Thanks for your time and suggestions, I greatly appreciate it!

6. Baditude

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I would go as short and light as possible with the Mini for work, and order a Serenity Gear hybrid flexi-holster/lanyard. You can always carry a couple of spare batteries in a plastic battery case for whenever you need them. Luv SuzyQ has one for her Mini. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/390167-favorite-setup-your-provari.html#post8879695 as does Chohan below:

Aliens1.jpg AlienSleeve.jpg

If anyone asks what is around your neck, simply tell them it's your vaporizer, that's all they need to know. "Hippa rules" :D You could alternatively keep the lanyarded Mini inside your shirt/blouse to keep it out of sight like a disco days medalion, until you get a chance to whip it out for a few quick vapes. It's called flexi because you can also connect it to a belt.

Does your hospital allow e-cigs on the campus? There is a no tobacco policy on our campus. I've thoroughly read the hospital's policy and procedure manual on their no smoking policy and there is no language specifying the use of e-cig usage or other nicotine replacement systems (gum, patch). I fail to see how e-cigs are any different than those.

Having said that, I don't vape except in the locker room where my area is hidden from the rest of the room by additional rows of lockers and also from the only entrance.

7. XeniaMike

XeniaMike Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 21, 2013
    Xenia, Ohio
    Wow 'tude I feel really lucky to have my own office that I vape myself silly in. Thanks for the suggestions on the carry cases, I especially like the Smokeless Image options. Luckily I have a big lunch box that has an extra compartment, although it's not as organized as the option you show here. Still, I can get give tanks in it and extra batteries.

8. CountSmackula

CountSmackula Genisis Junkie Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2012
    Tabasco LAnd
    I use my MVP for work. I usually only take 2 Chobras with me. Crazy Coffee Craving as my morning vape and Nemo as my afternoon vape (both from MyVapeJuice.com). I keep the unused RBA in one of those plastic syringe cover tubes.

9. JiGGLiN

Nov 9, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Sounds like a good idea since I have the options of lanyard AND holster. I guess I'll be saving up for two or putting it on the plastic...what size would you recommend I get that will accommodate the 490 AND 650 batts? The one for the full size provari?

Regarding the smoking policy, most hospitals here have adopted a no tobacco policy, but no language specifically referring to ecigs. Many places you have to be off campus and on public property (ie. sidewalk). These policies led me to learn more about e-cigs in the first place and why I started on them back in late 2011.

I was the first to use them (KR808) at one of my jobs. At a particular one, out of all the smokers there almost all of them have transitioned over. Those that have, I believe only one still smokes occasionally. In our monthly newsletter, there was an article praising the ecig and its benefits. A lot of vapers there took that article as if corporate put out a policy that gave us a green light to use and started vaping in the hallways and even nurses station! I talked to everyone and advised them on how that was a bad idea which could end up badly for us, we must acknowledge and respect other peoples differences of opinions and educate those that assume. However, the bosses there are happy that their ex-smoking staff are no longer out on the sidewalks every 2-4 hours.

My other job is vastly different being a lot bigger facility. I'm usually assigned to ER or ICU where going out for a smoke could jeopardize peers opinion of my professionalism or even worse, miss an overhead page for a code blue.

Plus, being a respiratory therapist and reeking of cigarette smoke, then treating and lecturing a patient on the negative effects and suggesting they quit just didn't make sense to me.

Sorry guys/gals for the long post and going off topic from my OP...but Batitude asked! LOL

10. LV SuzyQ

LV SuzyQ Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    Las Vegas
    It's not heavy at all :) I don't even notice the weight anymore.. But when it's not around my neck .. I feel like something's missing. He's not doing any custom orders now but has a lot of inventory ready to ship next day .. Well worth it some as low as 29.00$

11. LV SuzyQ

LV SuzyQ Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    Las Vegas
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363028449.839779.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363028467.703980.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363028524.678694.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363028571.982180.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363028615.507966.jpg

It's called flexi sleeve/lanyard ( not flexi holster)

12. zapped

zapped Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Smoktek.com has a cheap one for 5 bucks that looks like carbon fiber.

13. JiGGLiN

Nov 9, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Thanks for the clarification. Yeah, I was looking at the "specials" section after my post. Maybe the flexi sleeve/lanyard like yours when in "mini mode" and flexi HOLSTER when utilizing a the 490/650?

Would the Mini with the twins extension and a 650 be kind of awkward to carry around your neck? My twists are 1000mah ones that I use with a lanyard, but they are obviously a lot thinner.

On a side note, I just received my charger and pairs of batteries...charging now. I hope my provari ships out this week and that twins/hippo will also be available soon so I can actually utilize the other batteries! My patience is thinning, the anticipation on the other hand...:drool:

14. Baditude

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I'm thinking that the longer you make your PV, with the extensions and then add a cartotank, that it becomes a little top heavy in the lanyard and will want to tip forward...away from your chest. Would most likely get in your way at work if that happens. I still think going as short as possible and using spare batteries will be the best way to go.

15. CountSmackula

Jan 16, 2012
    Tabasco LAnd
    You could always cut up a neoprene beer coozy to serve as a holder. Use some nylon webbing for reinforcement along the seam & bottom. Hell, you could use it as the lanyard itself. Stitch a loop at the top of the 'holder' and put a split ring (like on your keychain) through the loop and then feed your lanyard through it. you could probably get away with using a cheap dog leash as you source of webbing & end up with either a D-ring or clip to fasten the 2 parts together.

There's your cheap idea! :D (Assuming you've got a sewing machine or the ability to sew.)

16. JiGGLiN

Nov 9, 2011
    Los Angeles
    I actually DID take home ec,:oops: but I don't own a sewing machine. I did hand stitch a stuffed football or two though. LMAO. Ironically, my gf took shop in school. :?:

17. CountSmackula

Jan 16, 2012
    Tabasco LAnd
    I learned to sew from my grandmother. My kids have sewing machines that I'm "allowed" to use. :D

18. OLDER71

OLDER71 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 5, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    I don't need no lanyard, cause I'm retired, and My only job now is enjoying My vape:D

19. JiGGLiN

Nov 9, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Received my mini blem today. :mail:

Thanks for all the advice. The mini is smaller than I thought it would be!

I ended up ordering the flexi sleeve from the clearance section for now as it's small enough to lose or worse fall out of a pocket and I don't think I'll be wearing it as a lanyard with the bigger batteries. I think "mini" mode and a case of batteries is ideal for on the go.

I'll wait for till my twins order comes in before buying anything else. I'll probably just do the moto grip thing to keep it safe from bumps when I'm at home and just use the bigger batteries here since I am waaay over my budget.

serenity flex sleeve, Transformation pack, gemini tip, igo-L & aga t+ OH MY! :facepalm:

PLUS, I just got verified and can check out the co-op threads now.

Can't wait to get that cc bill :shock:

Think I'm gonna have to ban myself from this place for a little and let my wallet cool off! Hard to resist a good deal or nifty new toy.

20. Baditude

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    That's what I was trying to tell you from the beginning. :facepalm: You should listen to Baditude.

;) Just joking. Congrats on your setup, you chose well, my friend. :party:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.