Last place you were asked to stop vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland
I don't vape anywhere I wasn't allowed to smoke, except, very rarely, in a movie theater. (With tickets at $17.50 a pop, I hardly ever go to theaters anymore.) But even then, I'm really discreet about it. I've never been asked to 'stop vaping' anywhere. Anybody who vapes in a crowded elevator or on public transit gets the chewing-out they deserve. Even I would be really annoyed by that!

Myimagination339

Nov 15, 2014
West Virginia
Not as of yet, but I also tend to keep my vaping either in the vape shop, in the car, or at home. I guess I treat it along the lines of smoking - if it's not acceptable to smoke in "xyz" I won't vape there either to prevent causing attention and trouble. I also tend not to get out much, so that also contributes currently to not worrying of being asked to stop.

KurrptSenate

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
PA
I was kind of disrespected once while at a vape shop in a flea market. they allow vaping at the stand, but people took it upon themselves to vape every where around the market so they put a stop to that. certain cloud blowers where congregating at the shop for a couple weeks straight and other stands were complaining about it. again, I had nothing to do with that.

the next week I was sitting in a chair with my kayfun and 3 cloud blowers were showing off. for someone reason, security or whatever you want to call them came up to me and was like "you're not just going to sit there and do that all day are you?!"

I was mostly respectful to them but continued to conduct myself in the same manner

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego

jstrong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
Virginia
My girlfriend's parents house. Her step mom is a piece of work. She said "I don't wanna inhale whatever it is your exhaling because it could be harmful and just as bad as a cigarette" :ohmy: I was very irritated to hear her say that. She told me to go outside and vape if I wanna vape. I decided why not just go offend her some more since she is already over sensitive anyways. I got up out of my chair and walked over to her and took a big long drag off my stingray x and doge v2 and blew a big fat cloud right in her face :vapor: I'm sure she caught a contact vape.

Now I can vape their once again because my girlfriends dad is divorcing her because she complains about him drinking a gallon of vodka a week. She told him to either quit drinking or lose his marriage. So he said "Deuces" :toast:

Last edited:

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
In a room with my Fiancee, it get's her long hair oily LOL. Otherwise, I don't vape anywhere where smoking isn't allowed.

My hair has become very greasy over the past 2 weeeks altough I have never had greasy hair or skin and have always had normal to dry skin.
Never had pimples. In fact, you could go as far as to say I was not human in that I never experienced skin problems as people do.

But out of the blue my hair has been getting really greasy, even 20 hours only after washing it.
I did a google search, thinking it was my motorcycle helmet, perhaps and was led back here to this forum and a thread from 2010.
Apparently greasy hair and facial skin is very common for Vapers either shortly after quitting smokiing as it could be the body ridding itself of toxins OR vaping if one is not supplementing with enough water can be a result of deyhradition.
If you become deyhydrated, your body starts to over compensate by producing oil.
In my case I have had a life long problem of never drinking as much water as I should but I had just really started to drinkmore in the last few weeks, but I believe its still not enough and I must drink more.

So, it doesnt suprise me to hear that your fiancee would complain of greasy hair.
I dont know if she vapes herself but i suppose its quite possible for someone nearby a Vaper many hours a day that could experience that??!!
And here there are 2 of us vaping indoors all the time as we both work at home.

EDIT:

You may want to read this thread. Apparently more and more people are talking of suddenly having greasy hair and/or skin. Just waking up with it one day for no apparent reason. These arent Vapers.
Nothing seems to work until they wash and massage their hair in a particular shampoo, that is mentioned, but more so with the original Brown labelled Listerine.
Post after post of wooman thinking it sounds far fetched but finding it works.
Perhaps it might help Vapers as well? Along with drinking more water........

Sauve Clairfying Shampoo is next to impossible to buy today and when you do find it, many will say its not the same as it was. Ones best bet is to Google "Clairfying sale toronto" adding your city instead of Toronto and even here i can only find one type at Walmart that will work as well as the Sauve brand. So keep that in mind if anyone needs this above info.

suddenly oily hair that won't correct - Dermatology - MedHelp

Ok... here you go:
1. First shampoo with Suave Clarifying Shampoo, and repeat. Focus on the crown and give it a good scrub. Rinse.
2. Then - she used original Listerine (use the brown, not the mint or others). She poured 3 capfuls directly into crown. Lightly scrub and rinse.

Last edited:

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
My girlfriend's parents house. Her step mom is a piece of work. She said "I don't wanna inhale whatever it is your exhaling because it could be harmful and just as bad as a cigarette" :ohmy: I was very irritated to hear her say that. She told me to go outside and vape if I wanna vape. I decided why not just go offend her some more since she is already over sensitive anyways. I got up out of my chair and walked over to her and took a big long drag off my stingray x and doge v2 and blew a big fat cloud right in her face :vapor: I'm sure she caught a contact vape.

Congratulations on doing The Rudest thing I've read of a vaper doing in my first month here.

You're lucky she didn't punch you in the mouth.

You've heard the saying the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, right?

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

jstrong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
Virginia
Congratulations on doing The Rudest thing I've read of a vaper doing in my first month here.

You're lucky she didn't punch you in the mouth.

You've heard the saying the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, right?

Bruce in Ocala, Fl
Well I am sorry you find it rude but the woman has been on my back for 2 years making snide little comments about everything so in my eyes she had it coming. If you mess with the bull you get the horns. I don't have to justify my actions to anybody except myself. Was it rude, yes it was. Am I a jerk, 7 letter word that starts with A? Yes I am and I know I am at times. I don't have a filter and if I am thinking it you better believe I am gonna say or do what is on my mind.

As far as apple from the tree...My dad does not drink nor do I it is my girlfriends dad who drinks.

Reactions: Snugglepooter

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
As far as apple from the tree...My dad does not drink nor do I it is my girlfriends dad who drinks.

I was speaking of the tree consisting of your GF's Mom and Dad...

It has been my personal experience that choosing to live life as an Ahole and being as reactive to Other People's misdeeds
as you've indicated here ends up negatively affecting Me much more than it affects the person I had the problem with. It
just doesn't end up being worth the effort in the end.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
Well I am sorry you find it rude but the woman has been on my back for 2 years making snide little comments about everything so in my eyes she had it coming. If you mess with the bull you get the horns. I don't have to justify my actions to anybody except myself. Was it rude, yes it was. Am I a jerk, 7 letter word that starts with A? Yes I am and I know I am at times. I don't have a filter and if I am thinking it you better believe I am gonna say or do what is on my mind.

1) I believe it was quite clear that it was not your own father you were talking about but your girlfriends.
The comment I made was in jest but the truth remains that most people drinking a gallon of vodka will end up dead very quickly.

In fact, a pet peeve of mine has been how society has reacted to addiction, generally speaking towards drugs, shunning many addicts and forcing many into lives of criminal behavour due to the hypcrisy of those that consider Alcohol to be better.
It might not grab as many in an addictive sense as lets say, ...... will BUT any alcoholics that continue will most certaily die drinking such large amounts as most ...... addicts will at some point in time. If not from excessive drug use than by their bodies one day no longer being able
to handle the abuse but alcohol in such cases is far worse, yet overlooked.
I think a great example of such was the UK Singer, Amy Whinehouse. The world commented repeatedly about her ...... use and yet it was night of binge drinking that took her down. Ironically to some, not the ....... Not at all suprising to me.

2) The step-mom might be an annoying person. But you chose to tell the story about blowing vapor into her face and by doing so, you must be prepared for the backlash if any. It might have been one of those moments that were best left unsaid and kept to yourself.
But since you did feel the need to bring it up, remember, although free speech is that, free, it does come with consequences and in this case, blowing vapor in someones face that has already shown themselves to have very little patience for it, hurts no one but the rest of us.
It's not the way to win those peope over. Hence it was a rather immature act and I for one would much rather you show your dislike in other ways or, not at all and just ignore her BUT we don't need any more scrutiny from the anti smoking crowd and your little act only goes to create more hostitility towards us. Hence, you brought it up and yes, you are right you don't need to answer to anyone but perhaps you should understand that if you are going to be a dick, maybe its not best for you if you make us aware of that fact!

3) I can't stand anti smoker types especially though if they are fanatical for often they are lying. Those that cough and make choking sounds as if to imply you are stinking of cigarette smells when you really only smell like home baked goods are a great example. BUT if she is living with a man drinking a gallon of vodka and in her own home people are not respecting her wishes about them not smoking or vaping indoors, then I don't blame her one bit for her feelings. I'm with Bruce ad believe you were lucky for not having your face slapped.
I would NEVER dream of smoking or vaping inside someones home that expressed their wishes. It's their home. Not yours and if his daughter was disrectful enough to let you Vape inside although wishes had been made very clear that the step-mom did not want you to do so, I would suspect that there is far more going on with control issues from said daughter being shown her step mother. Who knows? Perhaps she hates her out of loyalty to her birth mother. We dont know but can surmise there is more going on there, hence, my comment, she may not need to divorce him but simply wait for he will likely drop dead soon anyhow, was fairly made.
Bruces comment, that the apple does not fall far from the tree is only to suggest that children end up like their parents far more oftne then they wish to. Many will indeed do everything within their powr NOT to be the parent they detest but in the end, usually end up more like them than they ever thought possible. It's just one of those unfortunate + often uncanny facts of life.

If you don't feel that you need to answer to people, don't leave comments that evoke negative emotion for its not any different than trolls that make comments to anger people and then act suprised when people react.
The bottoom line is that such comments and behaviour tell us far more about you than perhaps we care to know but if so, its your doing, not ours so perhaps its best to remember that just because you can say or type it doesnt always mean that you should.

Now, that was more typing and thought put into it than I had wished for but thought it might help you to understand wy people will react as they do so if you dont want such reactions, then best keeping such comments to yourself.

EDIT:
Interesting. One cant apparently type the properly spelled word, Hair-O-Win although any hard drug could have been substituted by name in this comment.

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
One final comment from me on this.

OP,

Let's do a little extrapolation here.

This is your GF's Mom right? That's GF Right Now.

What if your GF becomes Your Wife?

If THAT happens, that little Vape in the Face thing, well YOU'LL Pay Dearly for that as long as you are married to your now GF.

Trust Me! on that.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

jstrong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
Virginia
One final comment from me on this.

OP,

Let's do a little extrapolation here.

This is your GF's Mom right? That's GF Right Now.

What if your GF becomes Your Wife?

If THAT happens, that little Vape in the Face thing, well YOU'LL Pay Dearly for that as long as you are married to your now GF.

Trust Me! on that.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl
We are currently engaged right now so in October it will be my wife. My now Fiance' knows what I did and doesn't have a problem with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread