Not open for further replies.

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
Seen plenty of "noob" posts in New Members of folks a bit panicked they're coughing up coal mines and amoebas from outer space after switching off cigs and been one of the many who say, "No, no, that's normal". Except I didn't. Not a single cough. Not for months.

Until now.

Of course, my sinuses are apparently trying to waterboard me... excuse me... um... enhanced interrogate me for reasons unknown but I suspect it has to do with weirdly tropical weather and mold counts just shy of eleventy billion gazillion along with ragweed, the bane of my youth (I used to get so sick during ragweed season it was bad as getting a flu... hasn't been so much a problem in my adult years but mold... mold wants to kill me... I'm not sure what I did but it's out to kill me... send Clorox... and soon!).

I read not everybody who quits gets the "cough". Some just don't. Ever. The cillia rev back up and all but the coughing fits don't happen. I'm wondering, though, anybody else go months without smoking before starting to hock up the creatures from the black lagoon? I can't tell what this current mess is exactly. Allergies never made me cough. Not ever. Sneeze my brains out but not cough. Not a lick of fever but am siiiiiick. Got so much mucus going so many directions, I'm about ready to try jamming a vacuum cleaner attachment down my throat and see if I can get some a the gunk outta there. Well, look, it's either that or drill some holes in my head to drain my sinuses.

I was hoping my cilia guys would forgive me and start shoving crap outta my lungs at some point.

But it seems they may have decided to punish me by coordinating with my sinuses so I got gunk going both ways...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread