Latest batch of VG tastes bad, what can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rothman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2010
Aviano, Italy
Just got my new batch of DIY liquids in and I cannot replicate my own flavors. I narrowed it down to the VG liquid. Previously I used a VG nic base with 5% ethyl alcohol and cut with PG. My flavors were spot on. I ordered from the same supplier but this time I used PG nic base and added VG and PG to make the mix. It's completely different. Tastes off somehow, very hard to describe. The VG has some sort of flavor though none has been added. It is not cut with alcohol, could that make it taste different? Also, I lowered from my previous 9mg of nic to 3mg, could that possibly make a difference? I made a 5ml batch using just the pg and pg nic base and it was good. I made a 100% VG mix and it was awefull. Please hit me with some suggestions, I'm starting to get frustrated.

mauzey

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2010
Washington State
Made another 5 mil batch at only 10% VG and it's still bad. I have barely vaped for 3 days now. I have vaped 100% VG before, it was never like this. Are you implying that VG has a completely different flavor? In my experience that hasn't been true.

Testing the VG or the PG for that matter by vaping it straight is way to isolate the bad taste, if the pure VG doesn't have the Offending taste then at least that is not part of the equation.

Thanks,
Jeff~

Rothman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2010
Aviano, Italy
Testing the VG or the PG for that matter by vaping it straight is way to isolate the bad taste, if the pure VG doesn't have the Offending taste then at least that is not part of the equation.

Thanks,
Jeff~

I already tried that, it was horrid. Do you know if VG goes bad? I have been trying to find an answer to that for two days now. Have you ever had a bad batch of VG? I have only been mixing my own for two months now and this is the first bad result(s) I have ever had.

mauzey

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2010
Washington State
I already tried that, it was horrid. Do you know if VG goes bad? I have been trying to find an answer to that for two days now. Have you ever had a bad batch of VG? I have only been mixing my own for two months now and this is the first bad result(s) I have ever had.

I don't know if it goes bad or not, and I haven't heard of that happening, but you should definitely get rid of it and restock. It pretty much the cheapest element in the whole scheme of things.

Thanks,
Jeff~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread