Latest Boba"s taste funny

Status
Not open for further replies.

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
Has anyone else noticed a "funny" taste in the latest batch of Boba's Bounty and Gorilla juice? I bought a 100ml bottle of each, and I'm tasting it in both of them. My order was placed the day they restocked their supply, and I'm wondering if something has changed, or if I just haven't let them steep long enough. I don't recall tasting it in any of the other batches I've received, but I don't remember how long I allowed them to steep

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
It's kind of a chemical taste, maybe a little bit of a bitter/burnt thing, hard to describe, really. It's subtle, but definitely there. It seems to fade as it steeps in my tank, and becomes more noticeable again upon refilling. I have a large tank full of "old" Boba's, and a smaller tank with the newest batch in it, and I sometimes can't detect the weird flavor until I switch back and forth between the two tanks.

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
Could it be because you are using different tanks? My protank gives me a slight metallic taste for instance.

Probably not. The tanks in question are both Protanks, (an original Protank, and a Mini.) I've tried all of the obvious, new coils, cleaning, etc. And I'm vaping at the same wattage. I've tried dripping in a fresh bridgeless atomizer too, same results.

jayscott

Verified Member
Sep 25, 2012
Amherst, Ma.
Just got 30ml of each and boba's tastes good to me. I had the cap off in hot water for a few hours and let it sit overnight. Never had it before but it seems smokey nutty vanilla ish to me. Haven't tried the GJ it smells of alcohol really strong so im going to let it sit for a few days. Really looking forward to GJ as banana is one of my favorite flavors.

kuritaro9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2013
Misawa Japan
never had bobas until this 100ml bottle came in the mail a few days ago.(got the 100ml because it was so highly praised, and so tough to come by) i am less than impressed with it though. not that its horrible. its def. vapeable, i just dont get what all the hype is about. i transferred 15ml to a bottle, and tried it. meh, is about all i can come up with.im going to see what steeping does for it, but right now, is the 24hr mark with the cap off, and i still get a pretty strong alcohol/medicine smell out of it. on the plus side, if i just never come around to liking it, its pretty easily traded for something better.

when it comes to "bounty" juices, i think i like NLV bounty hunter a whole lot more than i like this stuff, but time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread