Latest News On Flavor Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Georgia Boy

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2019
Atlanta Georgia
The latest news coming out today is that Trump will sign next week to enforce a Flavor Ban, leaving only tobacco and Menthol flavors. Nobody seems quite sure if anything else is affected.

Please contact your Senators and Congressmen Today, send emails, send tweets whatever you can do, do it. :evil:

A Sad Day :censored:

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
The latest news coming out today is that Trump will sign next week to enforce a Flavor Ban, leaving only tobacco and Menthol flavors. Nobody seems quite sure if anything else is affected.

Please contact your Senators and Congressmen Today, send emails, send tweets whatever you can do, do it. :evil:

A Sad Day :censored:

Where did you see or hear that?

CaveFurby

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
As I noted elsewhere, this is the trifecta for Big Tobacco. This will eliminate much of their competition, groom children to smoke cigarettes, and cause ex-smokers to relapse.

It will also force flavored-nicotine vapers onto a black market that has lately been killing people.

Wow, just wow. Either big tobacco is calling the shots, or this is dumb and dumber.

Last edited:

Georgia Boy

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2019
Atlanta Georgia
Reactions: stols001

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Don it's all over Twitter and apparently several news org's and Facebook
Respectfully, from another Georgia Boy;): I'm not all over twitter or snapface, and don't use any of those for news. So I'm with Don - I'd prefer a link to a news org's article, if it's really an item. And the Axios (who's that?) article, is extremely vague. Just says they're planning something within a week without referencing any sources, or even mentioning what led them to that conclusion.

Maybe there's some truth to it, but I wanna see what's really up.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
The Axios article might be vague but it was relevant enough for CASAA to post on their Facebook page, for what that's worth.
Well, maybe Axios really did get a scoop. Still, I'd trust it more if it was at least written like a real news article. But there have been a number of articles from higher profile news orgs over the last couple of weeks hinting it was coming pretty soon.

Reactions: stols001

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Rules

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I know it's been said before by others, but technically "tobacco" and "menthol" are flavors. For example, where does RY4 fit into this? Only NETs are really tobacco flavors. How does this work in lawyer speak? Good thing I DIY.
There'll be some twisting, turning, and gnashing of teeth. I mean, most juices that were considered straight tobacco flavors are just chemical creations, unless they were NET's, which constitute a tiny fraction of a percentage of the market. Just know they'll err on the side of banning pretty much everything.

The arguments over what constitutes tobacco flavor will be pretty interesting (and no doubt, infuriating), though.

For reference, here's the components of Hangsen's TAB, which was my go-to tobacco flavoring before NETs:
upload_2019-11-1_19-59-18.png

Here's Hangsen's 555:
upload_2019-11-1_20-0-41.png

Here's their Red USA:
upload_2019-11-1_20-1-21.png

Notice that none of them contain anything called "tobacco flavor."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread