Lava Tanks, Tubes & Clearomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksamim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Athens, GA, US
It would be unlikely to see a dramatic crack from many of the acidic juices in 3 minutes, but some juices, like cinnamon, have a very dramatic effect on polycarbonate or plastics that can be seen in a short period of time. If something has a huge effect on the material, though, it will become cloudy long before it cracks.

mfraz25

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2010
The Peach State
True, acidic juices will cloud and spider before they crack and. It could take a few minutes.

Cinnamon, peppermint and honeysuckle, however will crack in under 3 minutes.

Tomorrow I will show you what a red hot cinnamon candy juice will do to a tank. As well, I will post a copy of the known tank cracker list.

I have, thankfully, never a lost a tank. I have ran lime, lemon, honeysuckle, peppermint and pineapple in a tank with no problems.

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
True, acidic juices will cloud and spider before they crack and. It could take a few minutes.

Cinnamon, peppermint and honeysuckle, however will crack in under 3 minutes.

Tomorrow I will show you what a red hot cinnamon candy juice will do to a tank. As well, I will post a copy of the known tank cracker list.

I have, thankfully, never a lost a tank. I have ran lime, lemon, honeysuckle, peppermint and pineapple in a tank with no problems.

The list thats out there is not really accurate.There a bunch of juices on there that i know wont crack a tank.Since it was made from people sending a PM to report a juice im thinking some new members or people using subpar material ,or people thinkng a clearo is a tank could report problems theres a lot that got on there that shouldnt be. Only two juices i know is redhots and rootbeer. All bakery cinnamons iv used in tanks have been fine. Just like msts snickerdoodle is on there and theres no way that will crack a tank.

mfraz25

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2010
The Peach State
Honeysuckle is a big tank cracker.

Bakery cinnamon is not a cracker but hot cinnamon is. People often confuse the two.

Lime and vanilla bean ice cream cracks tanks as well. These I've seen pictures of the aftermath.

But having the list is better than not having it. At least people can get a feel for ones that people have had problems with. We aren't talking about just tanks but clearos also, so even if the list helps one person, it serves it's purpose.

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
Honeysuckle is a big tank cracker.

Bakery cinnamon is not a cracker but hot cinnamon is. People often confuse the two.

Lime and vanilla bean ice cream cracks tanks as well. These I've seen pictures of the aftermath.

But having the list is better than not having it. At least people can get a feel for ones that people have had problems with. We aren't talking about just tanks but clearos also, so even if the list helps one person, it serves it's purpose.

Why would vanilla ice cream crack tanks. I use the flavoring in DIY and i cant see any tank cracking properties. Its a really mild flavor and have used it in tanks before. What vendor was it from?Now redhots you can tell right away how strong of a acid it is. A list is helpful but its not to helpful when theres lots of juice that people may enjoy wont touch because of it somehow getting on the list so the list is really good and bad imo. Iv recomended snickerdoodle to a few people and they told me they wont touch it cuz it cracks tanks when really it doesnt crack tanks. I know a bunch of people that vape it and never had a problem in any tank.msts strawberry shortcake is also on the list and i know that wont crack a tank either.

Last edited:

mfraz25

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2010
The Peach State
I have no clue why vanilla bean cracks tanks but I have seen pictures of the after and it was cracked. I'll try to put a list together of juices that I know, for a fact, without a shadow of a doubt, cracks tanks.

I have never tried Mrs.T's snickerdoodle(yes, let the bashing begin) to know whether it will crack a tank but I have had a couple of Mrs.T's lemonades and strawberry shortcake and know they will not crack a tank.

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
I have no clue why vanilla bean cracks tanks but I have seen pictures of the after and it was cracked. I'll try to put a list together of juices that I know, for a fact, without a shadow of a doubt, cracks tanks.

I have never tried Mrs.T's snickerdoodle(yes, let the bashing begin) to know whether it will crack a tank but I have had a couple of Mrs.T's lemonades and strawberry shortcake and know they will not crack a tank.

What are you crazy,you need to go try some snickerdoodle lol

WHat kind of tank was it? I see it on the list as TPA vanilla bean diy flavoring. I have it and used it in my liquinator and no cracking or fogging. Is it possible someone put something else in it when making their diy juice

mfraz25

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2010
The Peach State
What are you crazy,you need to go try some snickerdoodle lol

WHat kind of tank was it? I see it on the list as TPA vanilla bean diy flavoring. I have it and used it in my liquinator and no cracking or fogging. Is it possible someone put something else in it when making their diy juice

That is highly likely. I will try to find the post when I hop back on the laptop(on my phone now) and I will post it over here.

That is one reason why I want to make a list, based off of my own experiences with juices. Documenting everything along the way and try to figure out what exactly it is cracking tanks or if half the juices on the list will actually crack a tank and a clearo.

ksamim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Athens, GA, US

:: bash ::

JustSayHuh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2009
Houston, Tx
I use a ProVari with the 510 Vision Clearomizers and I've not had any issues with the plastic cracking. I've kept a very strong redhot candy ejuice in them for days and days and the clearomizer will eventually burn out & die but no cracking. I don't get along well with cartos containing filler material. They never work right after I clean them and eventually they get clogged or over-saturated I guess. The clearomizers don't work very well with thick ejuice so now I am trying the ego visions with an adapter for my provari. No cracking in these either although they don't seem to wick as well as the clearomizers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread