Lava Tube

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikkolangot

Mar 3, 2013
Acworth
Hi, I have the black one version 2. I got it as my first VV mod. For the price you get what you paid for. I delivers good amount of vapor and good TH. It built solid, and quite heavy, Take note that it is big. bigger than Provari. One thing that I really like about it is that you can change your voltage easier, check your battery life and atomizer ohms faster than other mods. It has also a built in protection which is nice and the customer support from volcano is outstanding. And last but not the least, it has a 1 year warranty as well. So for a budget "great" mod and didn't want to burn money for a Provari, I recommend it to any vapers.

WingmanJudas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2012
Kandiyohi MN
I had a young june version and yes it was good for the price I paid. Looks decent, not the greatest build quality but matched the price. I had mine for around 6 months and it started misfiring so I went Provari. Also the ohms checker wasn't completely accurate. Its a good beginners mod but if I could turn back time I wouldn't buy it again. Maybe I just got unlucky with mine.

bilbobaggins30

Vapin' Hobbit
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
The Shire
From Volcano right? I am a Lavatube 2.0 user, and it is great! The only issues to date are listed:

1. 1st unit recieved had a protection coil at bottom of removable tube for battery that came too short. Called Volcano, and they shipped out a new one, free of charge
2. When my battery hits 3.5 V left (firing at 4.0v) (at least this last one), it is very shotty about firing correctly. Swapped batteries, and has not happened since. Must have been a small hiccup.
I have dropped it 2 times from 4 feet, onto solid concrete. Not a single scratch or dent! Very, very solid construction!

mattb56601

Mar 4, 2013
bemidji mn
I have had 2 of the version 2 lavatubes now the first one randomly shut off . I called them and they sent out a new one with a return label within 3 days from Hawii which I thought was quick. I had the gunmetal gray but got sent the chrome instead im not sure why, but I like it and this one has had no problems. Yes it is big and heavy but for the money the thing seems to be decently built, has a easy menu system and has a decent battery life.

chemicalsno

Mar 11, 2013
UT
I have had 2 of the version 2 lavatubes now the first one randomly shut off . I called them and they sent out a new one with a return label within 3 days from Hawii
I had the same problem with mine, but I had to send mine back before they'd send me another one(for testing), so in the meantime I ordered a provari and the new lavatube has been seeing significantly less use than the first one I received.

Itsatushie

Dec 31, 2012
A, A
I would like to ask an additional question related to the Lava Tube.

Do you have to replace the tanks and or coils as often as in something like the vivi nova mini or the stardust clearomizers that are used with egos?

My husband has been burning through coils like crazy and I am thinking a bigger unit would be good. But I dont want to lay down that much cash times two if he is going to end up as frustraed as he has been with the tanks we are using now.

So much to learn.

jhiga

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Honolulu
This is a standard 510 mod. 3 - 6 volts. Not much to it but its not that different from others in its class except construction and materials. If you are using any type cartomizer (tank or not) they should last 3 - 5 days. I tried clearomizers and couldn't get them to last more than 3 days.

That's tough. My carto/tank setups usually last me about a month, but I've stretched them to two months before. I notice if you do a good job of keeping the fill moist, they hold up quite well. Before I switched to my RBA, I'd vape on one all day, every day for weeks.

elpistolero

Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
Modest, CA, USA
Last edited:

jhiga

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Honolulu
Yeah, I'm not sure how you did that. I wish I would have known how to get more life out of em before. What ohm and such did you use and what voltage?

I used to use 1.5 ohm single coil (I THINK) from Volcano. As far as getting a good one, they're inconsistent; if I buy a 5 pack, I'll get 3 that are great and two either borderline unusable or just plain old unusable. The salesperson did let me fire them all right there, just to make sure they'd fire, and if they didn't, they'd exchange them for me. Used to be a 3 day warranty period or something on them. Not sure anymore, I don't buy cartos any more. Vaping anywhere from 3.7 to 4.5 volts, they'll last me that long. I'll make sure I prime them, but I prime them differently than what's usually advised, I like to suck liquid through the feed hole instead of dripping through the top. Just be careful you don't get a mouthful of liquid, that isn't pleasant.
As far as during use, I'll hit it on occasion without actually firing it, that ensures that the filler material is always moist. You can 'blank' hit them a few times before you actually hit the button to make sure that you'll vape the liquid instead of the filler. Just a few short, moderate draws should be enough; you don't want to flood it, but you don't want to hit it dry or almost dry either. You'll figure out how to do this better as you use them. I find that I don't need to do this before each draw, just once in a while. I used to be kind of broke, so I got really good at stretching the lives of my attys ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread