Lavatube 1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlh445

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
You got it Master! I'm hoping to be able to report an awesome vaping experience. I'll try it out for a week or so and report my findings as I go along. Fair?

OKAY! So, I received the Vector Variable Volt (from here on in, I'll use the 'Triple V' moniker :D) in the mail this morning and have been vaping on it for a few hours now. I'm. In. Love. It came in a nice box and an awfully sweet little note from Sue ('Vice Beast' she calls herself LOL) and a couple of pre-filled clearos along with the stuff I ordered. Awesome! I do have to note that although I paid for express shipping, it was actually mailed priority (the express shipping was even on the receipt they sent me hehe) but a couple of days ago I contacted Tim about it and he was also awfully sweet and offered to send me some more stuff from the store, but since they refunded the money I spent for shipping I figured all was square. The time we were talking back and forth was like one in the morning so that's awesome service right there, but I wouldn't be very honest if I left that part out.

Annnnnny way, I'm actually using an 18mg coffee pre-fill that they sent me right now, it's reading out at 2.1ohm and I'm vaping at 3.8 because 3.9 didn't taste quite right and 3.7 didn't taste enough. It's perfect! Lots of warm, yummy vapor. The LCD screen is bright, the buttons do shake around a little in the tube but they all give a very satisfying click when pressed. When you hit the power button (5 click system) the LCD screen shines bright and first tells you the ohms of the atty/carto/clearo etc. you have in and then tells you how many volts you've got it set to, and no matter what it's showing there's a little battery indicator always to the right of those numbers. It's very convenient!

So, first impressions are this: it is my first VV device and so I know I'm not the most experienced out there but within an hour of playing around with the Triple V I have really started to wish I had known about VV before I used anything else. I love my little 510, but the juices I have been using with it have really come alive with this device. Welp, I'll keep vaping and see if any problems arise. The only thing I would say is a 'problem' (more of a nitpick) is that sometimes the power button doesn't register the five clicks right away and you have to do it again or you turn it on in the middle of still doing the clicks and you start going through the menu. Other than that, nothing else that I can tell yet. Thanks for reading if you got this far :D

rlh445

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
Haha, at this point I'm using a 1.8ohm Ressie and I've been vaping at 4.2 volts all day :D. This thing KICKS. Just for kicks :)D) I loaded up one of the free attys I got with my VVV (Thanks VaporBeast!) and threw it onto one of my GenJoye batteries....uh yea..never going back to those unless the VVV or one of my Twists goes on the blink. In other words, they are EXTREME backups. I've taken this thing everywhere since I received it for the past three days and have been vaping nonstop. So, I'm still in love. I wish they had some more in stock, because I do want a backup. Too bad right now they don't just carry the body option :(. Definitely worth my money. Guess I'll check back in a couple weeks and see if I still feel the same but for right now, WELL worth the money.

vapure_ak

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2010
N.Myrtle Beach, SC
iVape has the new models too. I ordered one from them because VaporBeast was out of stock. Should get here tomorrow, can't wait to play with it.

Hope you enjoy your new Varitube X, I have one and I am loving it compared to the other LT's I have I think it hits much better and I love the option to be able to see the atty resistance.... Keep the reviews coming as I would love to see if there are any folks out there doing under load testing with the proper voltage testers (one of the ones that can test PWM) If anyone has found a video review of these in English please post a link here as well... :)

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
best price I could find On 4 amp here. Is this one good? Come with 6 months warranty. TIA

Yes, that's a good price. I paid $68.99 shipped for the same 4-amp LT 3.0 in kit form from VaporBeast (Vector Variable Volt with two 18650 high-drains, cheap single-bay charger, Ming-style drip tip, eGo-size zippered case, and two 3.0 ohm atties), which when divvied up into separate items would work out to be slightly cheaper for the tube only, but $50 is right in the ballpark for just the tube.

VaporBeast doesn't state on their site how long the warranty is (at least I couldn't find it), but they're out of stock anyway, so it's a moot point for you if you want one now.

BobbyDidge

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2012
New Jersey
Just got my varitube x and it's freakin awesome! Only problem is I got a 510 to ego adapter and it won't screw in all the way so I tried screwing it in further and it got stuck! Even when it was stuck it still didn't work. I finally got the adapter off but I hope I didn't ruin my varitube :( could I have screwed up the pin inside?!?! :(
It still works with 510 attys

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
Just got my varitube x and it's freakin awesome! Only problem is I got a 510 to ego adapter and it won't screw in all the way so I tried screwing it in further and it got stuck! Even when it was stuck it still didn't work. I finally got the adapter off but I hope I didn't ruin my varitube :( could I have screwed up the pin inside?!?! :(
It still works with 510 attys

If your adapter has a screw head on one end that a flat blade screwdriver will fit you may be able to extend or shorten the center pin to make contact with the center pin on your PV and the attys.

I had read it could be done but never realized it was a fact until I had occasion to tear one apart the other day and found one end of the center pin screws into the other end of the center pin. Don't know if this is the case with all adapters but assume it is a possibility if it has a screw head on one end.

Errol

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
How come when I put a fully charged battery in it, it goes from 5 bars (fully charged) to 4 bars in the matter of 5 minutes but then slowly goes from 4-1 at the normal rate? I'm getting about a days worth maybe a little less with imr 18650 2200mah

It's what I think of as surface charge, they will quickly draw down to the 3.7v area and drop from there much slower.

Errol

HawkeyeCS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
United States
How come when I put a fully charged battery in it, it goes from 5 bars (fully charged) to 4 bars in the matter of 5 minutes but then slowly goes from 4-1 at the normal rate? I'm getting about a days worth maybe a little less with imr 18650 2200mah

As far as I can tell, the battery meter, is reflective of the voltage, could be possible, that your charger is only charging the batteries to 4.1 or possibly less volts vs 4.2, that's purely a guess, but sounds logical... I haven't used the charger that came with my lavatube, I purchased an xtar wp2 intelligent charger and some panasonic batteries for mine, haven't had any problems with them yet... If you own a multimeter, check the volts on your batteries as they come off the charger...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread