Lavatube very short firing time

Status
Not open for further replies.

jangofett

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2009
Florida
For the past few days my lavatube will only fire for about 2 seconds, and then it cuts off. Sometimes it will give me a full draw, but usually not. I replaced the battery, cleaned everything, pried up the pin to ensure a good connection. I don't know what else to do, I'm starting to wish I had never bought the thing.

Last edited:

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
You may have already tried this, but have you tried a different atty/carto? What atty/carto are you using on it anyway? It's possible that the LT "smart" electronics don't like it and is cutting off to prevent a short. This may actually be a safety feature kicking in.

solardrgn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2009
socal
i had something similar to this. i was using a manual volt kr808 with a bloog carto. with one specific carto it made the battery cut off after about 2-3 seconds and produced no vapor. tried with another auto volt and the same. but when i used a bloog battery everything was fine?

im actually looking into a LT... where did you buy yours from? is the warranty up?

mda71

Verified Member
Jan 23, 2012
USA
I had this happen to me a couple of times. I am assuming you are using a lavatube from volcano.

I have checked several of their cartomizers rated at 1.5ohms and they have all tested at 0.9 to 1.0 ohms. If your battery is outputting 3.7volts, it would require 3.7 to 4.1 amps. Perhaps your battery is just cutting out.

If you have a multimeter, please check the ohm rating of your cartomizer.

ndtman

Dec 30, 2011
Kansas
I have a lavatube that was rebranded from Totally Wicked (torpedo) and I love it. After a couple weeks it started misfiring not firing at all or you had to hit the button multiple times to get it to fire. I sent it back to TW and they found that it was a battery problem. They sent my tube back and 2 new batteries and so far no more problem. Even though I did not send my batteries to TW they found that their battery was bad as well. There was a small indention on the positive terminal they felt may be causing the battery to protect itself. I checked both of my batteries and that little indention was there. Why this would make issues maybe it doesn't. Either way changing the batteries seemed to fix it.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread