Layman's terms about atomizers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dani1226

Apr 23, 2011
Louisiana
I've read lots of post and I watched the little beginner video for broke vapers... me me me!... So, I saw that you can buy an atomizer for the kr808d-1... Can someone explain it alittle better for me... And I use automatic battery parts rather than manual... can you still use an atomizer with those? I've been buying the prefilled catomizers and I like them... but... comparing prices... there's a definite advantage to the liquids, price-wise, it seems...

I have juices ordered and heading my way... but I'm not sure I want to mess with refilling the cartomizers... if I understand correctly, you don't use cartomizers if you use an atomizer? or do you use both?

Also, on a side note... I ran out of prefilled cartomizers... and was going crazy alittle =\ but I finally found a store that had 3 little bottles of e-juice for sale... was excited, and bought the USA blend... but it's kind of strong =\ Could I possibly tone it down >.< I think my taste buds have come back full force and everything's so tasty... but maybe more than what I'm used to >.<

So... Atomizers... how DO they work??? :D and what do I need to do for them??? >.<

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
You can use a 901 atomizer on a KR808D-1 battery without any adapter.

You can use an atomizer on an automatic battery. But, dripping is not recommended as the automatics are vulnerable to being ruined by juice seeping into them. Manuals don't have this vulnerability. Automatics might also be damaged by an overfilled cartridge leaking.

A cartomizer is a combo unit. It has a cartridge and atomizer in one piece, so you don't use it with a separate atomizer.

About your mini bottles ... you can add VG or PG to dilute them. Doing so will decrease the flavor intensity, as well as the nicotine concentration.

Hope this helps a little bit.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
Atomizers form what is known as a "3-piece" e-cig. There's the atomizer, which attaches to the battery and then the cartridge, which fits into the atomizer. It heats up and turns the juice into vapor.

Cartomizers are the atomizer and cartridge all in one. This is known as a "2-piece" e-cig. Filling a cartomizer is a cinch and only takes a couple of minutes to do. You just pop off the mouth piece and drip juice on to the filler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread