The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Lead? Nickel? From what?

Discussion in 'Health, Safety and Vaping' started by mn shutterbug, Apr 6, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. mn shutterbug

mn shutterbug Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 19, 2010
    Marshall, MN - USA
    This was in our local paper yesterday - “A lot of youth think (E-cigarettes) aren’t harmful, but they are,” Southwest Health and Human Services public health educator Jennifer Nelson said. “They have nicotine and lots of other chemicals in them. There is lead, nickel and other things in there that are very harmful to them.

2. Shadav

Shadav Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    uneducated, uninformed...or plan just don't care
    lol oh no, we use nickel wires so there's got to be nickel in there

lmfao at other chemicals....um....nope... just pg/vg which is in dang near everything, might have nicotine and might have flavorings same that's used in baking and candy making....so um....yeah nice try though.....bwahahaha there's lead in water, not ejuice :p

3. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    Deer Camp
    Some of those damn electronic cigarettes probably even contain traces of dihydrogen monoxide!

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  4. mn shutterbug

Jan 19, 2010
    Marshall, MN - USA
    This "educator" also called the vapor third hand smoke. Smoke?

5. Nathan Vaksman

Nathan Vaksman Full Member

May 30, 2019
    USA NJ
    I have read many scientific papers on the subject. There are about million of hazardous chemicals in vaping asper scientists. Still don't understand how they find them in VG juices. For sure nobody knows today what kind of long term effects on genetic but so far no one has been affected by the juices. Therefore DIY is the safest way to go in my opinion. Four years no analog and my lungs improved and lesion surf by half.Good luck

6. mn shutterbug

Jan 19, 2010
    Marshall, MN - USA
    What I find interesting is that whatever negativity you hear or read about vaping, they all say that more studies are needed. So why are they even making claims that can't be proven?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. HigherStateD

HigherStateD Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2019
    I can see concern about aldehydes(sp?) At higher temps, but I don't see that happening in your average cigalikes, that probably uses vacuum more than heat to vaporizer. As for lead, I have no idea where that came from...

8. Punk In Drublic

Punk In Drublic Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    It is common to find traces of lead in many products we consume. Google lead in Baby Food. The question shouldn’t be whether if they found lead, it should be how much lead did they find!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jebbn

Jebbn Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2018
    Australia
    Lead is in green vegetables and most things that grow in dirt. Not much you can do about it. Dirt has lead in it.
    As you say, it's the amount of lead that is important.

10. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hunterwasser
    Cars contain electrified razor-wire. No they don't

11. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    Deer Camp
    Yep. Man's ability to do analytic chemistry has gotten really good. The limits of detection are so low that we can now detect a few parts per trillion in many cases. But just detecting a few molecules of something is meaningless without quantifying how much was found and putting that in the context of what amounts might actually be harmful.

• Love Love x 1
  12. Horselady154

Horselady154 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2013
    United States
    How much metal from the coils we use ends up in the vapor?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.