Leaford's Janty Classic Video Review and Demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
YouTube - Janty Classic Video Demo and Review

Name: Janty Classic
Category: Penstyle

Model: JOYE302
Items purchased and Price: $95.20
Shipping, etc.: $12 shipping, $6 Paypal fee
Total Price: $113.20
Warranty/Guarantee: 6 Months
Overall Rating: 4.75
Pros: Outstanding vapor, very easy draw, no auto-cutoff.
Cons: Battery fades in and out.

Atomizer Performance: 5
1- Smoke; 5
2- Draw; 5
Battery Performance: 4
1- Switch; 4
2- Battery life; 4
Overall reliability and performance: 5
Appearance: 5

Customer Service Experience: Outstanding! Always fast service and shipping. Replacements are sent quickly, and you don’t have to send back the bad parts first. Plus extra cartridges are included both with every order, and with replacement parts.

Contents: Standard; One atomizer, two batteries, one charger, one power cord.
Extras: None.
Battery charging times: 8 hours initial charge, 1-3 hour recharge.
Atomizer interchangeability: Sedansa, ePuffer, ecigsales, LitecigUSA
Battery interchangeability: Sedansa, ePuffer, ecigsales, LitecigUSA
Charger interchangeability: LitecigUSA
Cartridge interchangeability: Sedansa, ePuffer, ecigsales, LitecigUSA

Narrative review: This is an absolutely outstanding e-cig, with only one real flaw. The vapor is a perfect 5, easily the equal of my high water mark, the Sedansa. And the draw is also a perfect 5, as smooth as sipping water through a straw. There is a slight windy sound, not quite high pitched enough to call it a whistle, but it’s not very loud, and there’s no gurgling sound. All in all as good an atomizer as I could ask for.

The batteries are a bit of a weak spot though. The battery life is average for a penstyle battery, anywhere from 3 hours to 6 hours, depending on use. The weakness is in the switch, which tends to fade in and out while you’re drawing steadily on it. I had to take a point off for that, but I should note that that’s pretty common with the SE-101/JOYE302 model, and not just Janty’s.

On the other hand, the fading seems to prevent the auto-cutoff, so I was tempted to add a point back in. :D The auto-cutoff, when you do get it, is the normal 2 or 3 seconds, and the LED blinks throughout the cutoff period, which I think is a nice feature. Other than the fading issue, the switch is very responsive, with no delay after you start to draw. And the LED is bright and nicely visible from the smokers perspective.

The overall reliability and performance is outstanding, I haven’t had any issues with leaking or bad drags. And the appearance and build quality is outstanding. The paint job is nice, with no mars in the finish, and it comes in blue and red besides the usual black and white. The Janty logo is small and discrete, and looks nice on the brass tone band.
In summary, the Janty classic is an outstanding e-ciggarette, with tons of vapor and an easy draw. Battery life is average, with a quickly responsive switch and a bright LED. It has a tendency to fade in out, but that doesn’t usually affect vapor production, and does seem to prevent auto-cutoff. I give it a 4.75 average, and can highly recommend it.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
The atomisers for the Classic and Kissbox Classic are the same price in Europe and different prices in the US. I'm not sure which is the one reviewed, if it's a new batch or design the same as the Kissbox or if it's a different design. Maybe there is some old stock to be shifted somewhere and not everyone will get an atomiser like the one Leaford reviewed.

I'd like to get my hands on one of those atomisers but I don't want to risk buying an old design or something.

I've left a question for Ludo, maybe he can tell us what's what.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Superficially, yes, but the two Original Classic atts I have both outperform my KB att, which is the best one I've had.

My KB was always weaker than my Sedansa Diva, too. Whereas the OC and the Sedansa side by side are virtually identical in performance.

Maybe I've just had weak KB atts, but I've always judged them a 4, not a 5.

SMILIN

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
CHITOWN USA
www.vapor4life.com
Superficially, yes, but the two Original Classic atts I have both outperform my KB att, which is the best one I've had.

My KB was always weaker than my Sedansa Diva, too. Whereas the OC and the Sedansa side by side are virtually identical in performance.

Maybe I've just had weak KB atts, but I've always judged them a 4, not a 5.

I will let ya know in a couple days when I receive my next shipment, I have many kboxes, and classics coming, along with many parts......I will get down to the bottom8-o:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread