ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
YouTube - Leaford's LitecigUSA Penstyle Video Review and Demo

Name: LiteCigUSA Penstyle
Category: Penstyle
Model: JOYE-302
Price: $43.95
Shipping, tax, etc.: $12 Shipping, $6 PayPal fee.
Total Price: $61.95
Warranty/Guarantee: 6 Months
Overall Rating: 4.25
Pros: Excellent vapor, easy draw, low price, guarantee.
Cons: Long auto-cutoff, basic appearance.

Atomizer Performance: 4
1- Smoke; 4
2- Draw; 4
Battery Performance: 4
1- Switch; 4
2- Battery life; 4
Overall reliability and performance: 5
Appearance: 4

Customer Service Experience: Limited. Orders ship quickly.
Contents: Standard. One atomizer, two batteries, one charger, one power cord.

Battery charging times: 8 hours initial charge, 3-4 hours regular charge.
Atomizer interchangeability: Janty, Sedansa, E-Puffer
Battery interchangeability: Janty, Sedansa, E-Puffer
Charger interchangeability: Janty
Cartridge interchangeability: Janty, Sedansa, E-Puffer

Narrative review: One of the divides that has developed in the e-cig market is that between the less expensive but unguaranteed generics and the more costly but guaranteed brand names. LitecigUSA is one of a small few that are bridging that gap, by offering generic products at low prices, but with a 6 month guarantee.

Their penstyle e-cigarette is an excellent e-cig, at a very competitive price, easily the equal of other generics in vapor production, with a lighter draw, and with the 6-month guarantee, it is my recommendation for a generic.

It is a JOYE-302 model, the same as the Janty Classic, and I am told it comes off the same production lines. It doesn’t quite match up to the JC, but it produces as much vapor as other generics like the RN4072, a 4 on my scale, and it has a lighter draw, also about a 4.

The batteries have typical penstyle runtimes, about 100 5-second puffs, just outlasting the cartridges which last 80 puffs before vapor drops too low. That’s a 4 on my scale. The switch is nicely responsive, with no delay in activation. But it has that annoying 30 second cut-off, like Janty and Sedansa, so I give it 4 out of 5. And the LED is bright and easily visible from the smokers perspective, which I always like.

One of my batteries had a slight tendency to fade in and out, but that wore in after a couple of cycles, ad hasn’t given me any more trouble. Otherwise it has been very reliable and consistent so I give it a full 5 for overall performance. Appearance is pretty average. It only comes in plain black and white. That’s a basic 3. I do like the nice matte black finish, instead of gloss, and it has nice build quality, without wiggly or crooked connectors, so I’ll give it a 4 overall.

That averages to a 4.25 overall score. So it’s only half a point behind the Janty or Sedansa in performance, but for half or a third the price. Compared to other generics, while I haven’t done a full review of them yet, a RN4072 or DSE-801 would rate around a 3.5 to 3.75, would be in the same price range, and would have no guarantee.

So while I’d still suggest a Janty if you can afford it, if not LitecigUSA’s penstyle would be an excellent alternative, and it would be my top pick for a generic penstyle e-cig.

Happi

Oct 5, 2008
Danmark
Great review as always, leaford :thumb:

This statement puzzles me, though ...

It is a JOYE-302 model, the same as the Janty Classic, and I am told it comes off the same production lines. It doesn’t quite match up to the JC, but it produces as much vapor as other generics like the RN4072, a 4 on my scale, and it has a lighter draw, also about a 4.

If it's the same model and comes off the same production line, how can they be different?

Unless, ofcourse, it's just a normal variation in production quality. But then I would think, you could get a janty that performed the same as this one, or a litecig that performed as good as the janty.
(I hope this makes sense, I sometimes have trouble with english :D)

What are your thoughts on this?

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Well, Trog has suggested a "binning" process, where the units that pass the best quality control tests are set aside for the premium customers, like the big order brand names, and the poorer ones, but still passable, go to the smaller customers. Another posibility is that Janty requires specific tolerances, or better grade of microchip, wiring, soldering, etc than goes into their regular output. Or they just have someone on hand to quality check personally, whereas the smaller sellers don't. The Janty ones have different color accents, and the Janty logo, so they're definitely not made in the same batches as the generic versions, so there are lots of reasons they might have different quality levels.

Ludo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2008
China
www.janty.com
Leaford is right, there are differences between the generic pen models and what we require if we sell these kind of pen models. We are going to discontinue the normal Classics and will introduce a new JANTY classic Pen model version in 2009. Different battery technology, low resistance atomizers... (this new route we are taking, is being introduced in our new 'xmas batch' models as well - but that is for another thread).

As far as I can tell, these generic pen models from Joyetech are pretty good already.

just4747

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2008
Leaford is right, there are differences between the generic pen models and what we require if we sell these kind of pen models. We are going to discontinue the normal Classics and will introduce a new JANTY classic Pen model version in 2009. Different battery technology, low resistance atomizers... (this new route we are taking, is being introduced in our new 'xmas batch' models as well - but that is for another thread).

As far as I can tell, these generic pen models from Joyetech are pretty good already.

Janty's gonna be rolling out this new technology on all of your e-cigarette models (including Kissboxes) at about Christmas time? Damn that sucks for people like me who just ordered a KB Classic for nearly $150 :-x
Sounds like this new 'route' is a lot better since most e-cigs are still the same old technology :/

Wish I knew..

Janty's gonna be rolling out this new technology on all of your e-cigarette models (including Kissboxes) at about Christmas time? Damn that sucks for people like me who just ordered a KB Classic for nearly $150 :-x
Sounds like this new 'route' is a lot better since most e-cigs are still the same old technology :/

Wish I knew..

That's what I love about technology. It keeps you looking forward for the next new thing to come out. Just like movies...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread