Leaford's Video Blog Monday March 9th, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

first2di3

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
Oklahoma
I love the reviews Leaford... Keep up the good work!

A quick question though... I just sent a ticket in to ePuffer to get my money back (You may have seen that post in the recent Video review by Deficit), so if I am successful in that, what would you suggest as a 'semi' first time e-smoker?

The ePuffer order was my first e-cig, but I hear good things about the 901's since I would be able to get all types of flavors and the liquid makes smoking cheap however I like the idea of the 2 piece design.

Can you point me in a good direction?

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
If you like the two piece design, all three of the above are good options. If you like a lot of throat kick, go for the Vapor King. It has the absolute best batteries and strongest flavors anyway.

If you prefer smooth vapor, go for the S51 or Bloog. Between those two, the S51 batteries last longer and allow a longer drag than Bloog's, so I tend to prefer using them. But the Bloog ones do have an easier draw and better switch, and are cheaper, so it's up to you. For the cartridges, they're about equal, but bloog edges S51 out on price. And don't forget to use my discount codes either way. ;)

As to using liquids, I have worked at refilling more over the last couple weeks, and have gotten better. It is possible to refill a cartridge and make it last for several days. The S51 and Bloog type is easier to refill than the Vapor King, because they have a soft rubber end cap, while the VK has a hard plastic end cap. But the technique is the same for either; pry off the cap, and drip onto the fabric roll inside.

Last edited:

udave

ECF Veteran
Thanks Leaford, this vid answered quite a few questions I had! Good to see you got your computer problems sorted out.

I have been looking at the Vapor King and it sounds great, I can't wait to see a full review from you. Not that it really matters, but the VK looks a bit thinner and longer than the other disposables, is this the case?

Deficit

Moved On
Mar 2, 2009
Vienna, Ohio
Awesome vid, Leaford! Looks like you're going to beat me to the first full Bloog video review ;) (lintz69 did a Bloog video review but I believe it was pretty much a partial). Mine will be in 2 parts though and spend some time covering initial impression, shipping, customer service, packaging, charger, etc etc, so our videos tend not to cancel eachother out because they cover different areas for the most part. 2nd part of mine will be the follow up to show how it's holding out, updated performance rating, rate battery and cartridge life and all that jazz.

I also just added a review of the Smoke51 carts I received today, which works out kinda well with your updated battery partial review.

Keep up the good work Leaford, I love the videos!

Last edited:

first2di3

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
Oklahoma
If you like the two piece design, all three of the above are good options. If you like a lot of throat kick, go for the King Vapor. It has the absolute best batteries and strongest flavors anyway.

If you prefer smooth vapor, go for the S51 or Bloog. Between those two, the S51 batteries last longer and allow a longer drag than Bloog's, so I tend to prefer using them. But the Bloog ones do have an easier draw and better switch, and are cheaper, so it's up to you. For the cartridges, they're about equal, but bloog edges S51 out on price. And don't forget to use my discount codes either way. ;)

As to using liquids, I have worked at refilling more over the last couple weeks, and have gotten better. It is possible to refill a cartridge and make it last for several days. The S51 and Bloog type is easier to refill than the Vapor King, because they have a soft rubber end cap, while the VK has a hard plastic end cap. But the technique is the same for either; pry off the cap, and drip onto the fabric roll inside.

I have one question about your review though...

Brand new Disposable e-cig, the Vapor King from Vapor4Life! (E-mail to smilinenterprise@aol.com)

When I think disposable I think of the ecig you reviewed a while back from VaporGuys that was 10$ and had the non rechargeable battery, and came with 4 carts that as you said tasted really bad.

I am wanting something I can recharge like the s51/epuffer/loong-totem V9... did you just mean that the carts were disposable?

As for the "specifics" in a E-Cig I am looking for... I want something with a ...decent... throat hit, nothing that's going to choke me out... I've smoked Marlboro Menthol Lights for the last 6 years, and more recently the new Camel Crushes...

Something smooth, but I want to be able to tell its there.

Ive been looking long and hard at Puresmoker.com's 901's and CaSH juice, True Menthol looks splendid. The main problem with that is they are closed down till the 20th (I know its only 11 days from now, but it will be around 15 days after I order and its in my hands.)

My wife on the other hand wants something harsher, but she generally smokes more often than I do, and getting her some "Marlboro" flavored liquid is something I'm sure she would really like and help make the switch for her a more permanent one.

I'm looking at the flavors around and can't help but be excited, but she just wants it to taste like a real cig (as much as possible) for now.

Thanks for all the work you do Leaford, your reviews are what got me into the e-cig world.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Thanks Leaford, this vid answered quite a few questions I had! Good to see you got your computer problems sorted out.

I have been looking at the Vapor King and it sounds great, I can't wait to see a full review from you. Not that it really matters, but the VK looks a bit thinner and longer than the other disposables, is this the case?

About 5mm longer, but the same diameter. Good eye! :cool:

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
I have one question about your review though...

When I think disposable I think of the ecig you reviewed a while back from VaporGuys that was 10$ and had the non rechargeable battery, and came with 4 carts that as you said tasted really bad.

I am wanting something I can recharge like the s51/epuffer/loong-totem V9... did you just mean that the carts were disposable?

Thanks, First!

Yes, that's right, the combo cartridge/atomizer is the disposable part, as opposed to regular e-cigs, where the atomizer is reused and just the cartridge is disposed of (or refilled). The batteries are rechargeable, as normal.

And for a medium throat kick, as far as disposables go, your best bet is the menthol or coffee flavors from Smoke 51; they had a bit more kick than the others, but nowhere near as much as the Vapor King.

cekte

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Oregon
www.youtube.com
Great to see you back Leaford. It just wasn't the same without you. Nice reviews, King Vapor does look interesting. According to Smilin more flavors are on the way as well..

Any idea on manufacturer? Is this the new Kanger Tech disposable by chance? Any markings on batteries or carts? Looking forward to more reviews to come and the new camera. :) Thanks Leaford. Cheers.

Deficit

Moved On
Mar 2, 2009
Vienna, Ohio
I just purchased the Vapor King and Vapor Viper (DSE 901) models from Steve! I'm greatly looking forward to receiving them, and of course will do a review as well ;)

Thanks again Leaford, I never would have found this guy if it wasn't for this vid - he responded to my email within 10 - 15 minutes and was very upfront and honest about everything... I like that a alot since most suppliers lie through their teeth. Then, he called me on Skype! Can't get any better customer service than that!

Prices are unbeatable as well, with the LTv9 kit at $69 (as opposed to $99 - $149 elsewhere) and atomized LTv9 carts running $10 per 5 pack rather than the standard $15 for 5 (or $10 for 4 at Smoke51). Granted e-cig.com's prices are a little lower but after shipping to the USA from China, he comes the closest you can get from a USA/ CAN supplier. Not to mention I fully expect the VK to be better than the e-cig.com or higher priced models. I don't know for sure yet, we'll see when I review it and the Bloog ;) He said he's shipping it tomorrow so I don't expect any problems at all in that area either.

Last edited:

Andrewk24

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2009
I recently had to return my fifty one cigs because of a problem I was having and the ones I recived are a whole new story. The fifty one cig you reviewed did it have a red led. The new ones I got have an orange led. And on the treads is a choke hole so you can adjust the draw from light to hard. They require no primer puff so from the time you start your puff you experince vapor and lots of it. And if you were to take puffs one after another the light turns on and off right with it. And it seems like you can take alot longer puff before the light blinks. And after you hit it the light has no delay when turning off. I'm very pressed with this version of the fifty one my short battery last about seven hours and that's with me puffing on it every hour or less and about a reg cigs worth of hits and the longer battery lasts even longer than 9 hours. I'm wondering if you will be reviewing this new battery because I think it has been perfected and it will be one of your favorites the best part of it is the adjustable draw it is a great feature. I am a big fan of your so keep up the good work and my email is andrewkamyszek@gmail.com

smokinsimon

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
Very cool, thanks for posting this.
I've been thinking about a 2 piece. Just seems more convenient, less hassle than filling. I just wish the price of those atty carts would come down.
How long do one of those vapor kings last?
Any body know who's juice is in the VK carts?
I think it would be perfect just screw one on and go..
Any issues with the carts leaking? Fluid in mouth or anything like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread