RDA Leak proof RDA's. (Top airflow?) Where are they!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
So, i'm not really into RTA's, I've been looking at some and tried a few and just not feeling them. I've recently just been carrying around a discrete boxmod topped with an RDA + a 10ml bottle of juice. I just drip enough to where I can vape it and by the time im done vaping the cotton is about dry and the wells are clear of liquid. If I don't do this then the juice usually leaks out the side airholes when my mod is in my pocket or backpack (due to the RDA not being upright all the time).

I've been looking around for leakproof RDA's, and the closest I've come to finding one is the Rogue RDA, which I ordered and is on the way as we speak. Has anyone out there experienced RDA's with no/minimal leak when its on its side etc. ? Or know of any other RDA's with airflow around the top of the RDA itself rather than the middle of the tube section on the sides?

rogue-rda-clone-with-3-caps-by-tobeco.jpg

this is what i ordered to try out, but am looking for any others if anyone has any experience with them

sedition

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2014
New Zealand
I really, really want to like the Rogue - it looks awesome, and yep - pretty much leak-proof. But I found the airflow too loose, even after taping one side. Fill it a little too much and it will gurgle and spit at you. I'm a vertical coil guy so most traditional 3-posts don't really do it for me.

Check out the Origen V2, by Norbert. It only leaks if you fill it above the horizontal floor that the negative screws tighten into. Keep the juice level under that floor, to the point where you see surface tension, and that tension holds the juice in. Really good in a pocket. Pack the juice well with wicking and it's even more leak-proof. Awesome flavor, it's designed for vertical coils. Tighter draw than most drippers, that can be a pro or con depending on your preference.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
Good luck with that. If you can't get air flow directed at and across the coil all you are gonna get is hot/harsh with minimal vapor.

Why not something with an AFC ring you can close? Like a Zenith.

ohh, didnt think of that, an AFC ring that fully closes off LOL FACEPALM MOMENT, I can just use some of the RDA's I already have and just close them off after im done vaping them ROFL. :laugh: o well i still have a rogue RDA on the way LOL

That Manta up there looks pretty sweet tho, a dedicated single coil RDA i might check that out.

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
Youde had a few atomizers that have a airflow that's comes in through or near the top. I think they have the Jakiro and Red Dragon that are made that way.

Jakiro RDA by Youde - Eciggity

I found this quickly looking for a vendor in the States.

I don't think you should have many issues with RDAs leaking in you. If I'm not using my RDA, it sits in my case, usually on its side, and it doesn't really leak. I put about two drops on a coil and the wick absorbs it immediately. Maybe try shorter tails and less drops. I used to get some leaking when I used longer tails and had more liquid in the chamber.

Last edited:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
ohh, didnt think of that, an AFC ring that fully closes off LOL FACEPALM MOMENT, I can just use some of the RDA's I already have and just close them off after im done vaping them ROFL. :laugh: o well i still have a rogue RDA on the way LOL

That Manta up there looks pretty sweet tho, a dedicated single coil RDA i might check that out.

Oh yeah; thanks for reminding me of that; its another thing I look for in rda's - 2 posts spread widely apart.

msmith4512

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2014
New York, NY
I have four really leak resistant RDAs. The Lethal, Veritas, Rogue and Venturi. The flavor is great on all if built right. The draws are different due to each having its own air flow character, and that impacts the flavor experience. The Lethal and Venturi have a smoother more delicate draw, and are better for mouth to lunging rich dessert juices. The Rogue has a wide open air draw that is great for lung hitting big clouds. The Veritas is in the middle with a balance of flavor and air flow. But it's a bit more difficult to build, especially if you want to go dual coil.

The Lethal works well in either single or dual coil. The Rogue and Venturi can only run dual coil. All four will not leak unless you tip them upside down or lay them on their sides for a few minutes. All will flood if you overdrip and it's more difficult to clear a flood because you can't just blow out the excess juice like you can on a side or bottom air flow RDA.

IMAG0972.jpg

Lethal, Veritas, and Rogue pictured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread