Leaking dual coil XL 1.5 cartos...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScotTex

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2010
Houston, Texas
e-cig_dct-xl-leak_1.jpg

First four cartos worked great, now have had two in a row leaking around the holes in the carto (not the tank).
Happening whether I am vaping or not. Using my thick 50/50 or thinner juice as well. When it's directly on the SB I have to clean the connection after every hit, at least I can wipe the juice away on the gooseneck. :blush:

Last edited:

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Either the hole or slot that was put into the carto is too deep. Which means that the airflow tube has been punctured. Allowing juice to go into it and flow down through the connection or air holes. Only thing that you can do is try to salvage the rest of your juice that's in your tank and replacing the carto.

EDIT: Another possibility is that the o-rings on your tank is a bit damaged. After you have taken the juice and carto out of your tank. Inspect everything to make sure all parts are ok.

Last edited:

ScotTex

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2010
Houston, Texas
TY for the reply.
... I really thought it was the 'thin' e-juice I just got from MFS, blew them out and went back to my thick mix and it kept on flooding.

Just noticed if I tip the feeder hole up where no liquid covers it, it doesn't flood, so it appears you are correct there. The 'working' cartos needed a little help with feeding\I'd have to prime 'em a bit.
Now I'm getting worried about ordering more of these cartos as (one popped first day of use and two punched wrong and flooding) 4 out of 7 is just slightly better than 50\50. :glare:

Last edited:

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
No problem at all. Sometimes it could be thin juice. Although, it would have it's own set of "symptoms" when that happens. Anyways, what brand is the cartos did you get? Also, what are you using to punch your cartos? Always good to stop a little bit after you hear the pop. Sorry to hear what happened. There's been a lot of QC issues to cartos lately and got a few duds myself.

ScotTex

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2010
Houston, Texas
They are the flanged 1.5ohm pre-punched from AltSmoke (although I have punched one carto myself with the icemaker thing and it worked well for 2 weeks) .. I just ordered some more of the same from MadVapes (AS was sold out of the 1.5s)

I tried two fresh cartos today (out of a new 5-pack) and they are working like they should... Got a bad box I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread