Leaking eGo T Tanks - What causes it and how to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Abe, are you sure they actually leak? There's quite a bit of condensation gathering on the tanks during normal use but that is to be expected. It may be mistaken for leaking.

I've never had a leaking tank, but I'm certain it can happen when the seal around the piercing/wicking needle is not tight. Or if the filling cap on the tank has been removed too many times for refilling and becomes loose. Never happened to me, though.

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
I have only been using mine for 3 days & NO LEAKS HERE & I'm loving it !

I have not removed the little cap yet, pierced it w/atty & am using syringe to fill.

I am using VG juice & have thinned a little so it will work w/tank.... wonder if the leakers are PG users ?

sorry our "NOT LEAKING" ...isn't helping you answer this question ? Is it?

Good luck figuring this out & thanks for my wonderful new toy !

Last edited:

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
Title says it all really, what's causing some of these to leak and what are the fixes?

I haven't had any leaking, but here's a couple of possibilities:

1. Make sure the little plastic tab isn't hanging like a "chad". I've found that spinning the tank on the atty will cause it to break off. Sometimes that hanging-chad creates just enough space that a leak could occur.

2. Back the atty off the battery just a bit for easier airflow. The suction from use could be pulling too much juice into the wick.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
I've had two "leak" now. My original eval unit leaked form the factory, and one of my purchased units developed a leak yesterday.

First and foremost, e-liquid viscosity has a lot to do with it. I have some very "thin" 555 that I received from a reputable vendor, and it will run through the "T" like poop through a goose. The wicking delivery system just will not work with such a "watery" liquid.

Secondly, it has been noted that the "fluff" of the wick and its position in the piercing tube can also have an effect on delivery.... going from not enough flow (dry, burning taste) to too much flow (leak). Both of my "leakers" were "fixed" by adjusting the wick..... I'm glad I was able to resurrect them, but I really wish such "adjustments" weren't necessary.

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
Hey, I'm not saying they all leak, I just want to try to gather information from when people ask me! None of mine leak. How did you fix that problem, Scott, adjusting the wick?

Hi Abe,

There's a video in the eGo-T mega thread showing how to do this. I thhink Scottbee did it. But I can't find it lol!

I have had the Ego T system for about 5 months. I have got two other smokers onto the Ego T system. I have both the A & B type tanks (regular & mega). These have been bought from a variety of reputable vendors. THEY ALL LEAK. That being said they taste good and are pretty convenient. I don't have the time or patience to drip all day. When mine leak it happens all of a sudden, never when their full, and the tank will dump half its contents through the area between the battery and the atty. Noticing this I decided to fill up the tanks when the fluid gets below the bottom of the clear part of the tip. When you can stand the Ego T upright and the fluid drops far enough below that clear window that you can't see it, it is about to cut loose. Following this rule for several weeks, not one leak. Get lazy and break the rule, and it leaks. It is a bit of a pain because you can only enjoy a fraction of the tanks capacity before you have to start dinking with it.

I like the wick and hanging chad theories. I tore apart my first atty today, adjusted the wick, and pulled the chad off of the tank and put it back together. We will see. I am determined to find a permanent solution because the taste is great (smoother than LR and high voltages), the battery life is great, and they are small and inconspicuous in the hand.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread