Leaky Aspire Nautilus 2 50w Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2019
goodbye
Hey all. I have this kit and actually love it, but it is leaking.....which really annoys me. I've taken the tank totally apart, thoroughly cleaned it, replaced all the rubber/silicon o-rings, and put a brand new coil in it 3 or 4 times now. At first, it seems alright...but after sitting over night, there is juice leaking out the airflow and around the seam where it threads together with the airflow ring. It's driving me nuts! I even turn it upside down, press the fire button, and blow out the excess juice through the airflow, but after awhile it starts seeping out again. Anyone have any suggestions or experience with this? Please help me for my sanity's sake. I vape 50mg salt nic in the pictures below.

Don't know if the picture shows it well enough, but there is seepage around the seam where it threads together with the airflow ring.
IMG_0283.JPG

And seepage out the airflow.
IMG_0281.JPG

Nicsalts I use
IMG_0086.jpg

Reduced Juices.jpg

Help me please :blush:

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Rob B., are both your liquids 50%VG/50%PG?

If so, liquid may be a little too thin for the coils. So you may need to try a liquid with a higher VG content to see if the problem still persists.

Also a good thing to know is that you can buy 0% Nicotine liquids and Nicotine salt shots or liquid separately, then you can mix to your preference.

Rob B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2019
goodbye
Rob B., are both your liquids 50%VG/50%PG?

If so, liquid may be a little too thin for the coils. So you may need to try a liquid with a higher VG content to see if the problem still persists.

Also a good thing to know is that you can buy 0% Nicotine liquids and Nicotine salt shots or liquid separately, then you can mix to your preference.

Thanks for the info Mordacai. Where can I find the VG/PG levels of my liquids? It does show those two ingredients on the bottles, but not the % of each.

I just may have to give it a go at mixing my own. I am sure there are plenty of tutorials on YouTube. Any other good places you can suggest to help me learn the arts of DYI e-juice?

Philabos

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2017
I use the N2 with 30pg 70vg and have had no issues for a very long time.
That said, it can be finicky. I found you cannot screw the bell on over tight and not too fast. Firm but not tight.

I really like the flavor but it is the one tank with which you almost have to develop a personal relationship .
Good luck. You are far from alone with this issue.

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
Hi - I had two of those tanks, now just the one.

(BTW - 50/50 is perfect for a working Nautilus. It should cope with thinner liquid, too).

I don't know for sure if it's the case, but there's maybe an o-ring in the tank's chimney, where the coil screws in to the top cap/bell. Long story short, my dead tank would have an accident if left overnight with the afc open. The remaining one doesn't do that.

Do bear in mind that refilling the N2 can be messy - there's usually something to wipe away. But if it's leaking through the afc (and the liquid level drops noticeably), you can try an o-ring in the chimney (finicky), or see if your vendor will just replace it.

Last one - remember to close of the airflow when refilling, and don't rush when putting its top back on.

Rob B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2019
goodbye
Hi - I had two of those tanks, now just the one.

(BTW - 50/50 is perfect for a working Nautilus. It should cope with thinner liquid, too).

I don't know for sure if it's the case, but there's maybe an o-ring in the tank's chimney, where the coil screws in to the top cap/bell. Long story short, my dead tank would have an accident if left overnight with the afc open. The remaining one doesn't do that.

Do bear in mind that refilling the N2 can be messy - there's usually something to wipe away. But if it's leaking through the afc (and the liquid level drops noticeably), you can try an o-ring in the chimney (finicky), or see if your vendor will just replace it.

Last one - remember to close of the airflow when refilling, and don't rush when putting its top back on.

Thanks for the info. Next time I take it apart, I'll look for that o-ring in the tank's chimney. I hope I can resolve this. I love this system except for the leaking.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Sadly this tank just tends to leak. Not for everyone, but it's pretty widespread. You could up for VG as others have said, but it may still do it. Honestly, I would just toss it and get a different tank (keep that great driptip though.) I know it sucks, but that's what I ended up doing when mine leaked...out it went. It's just not worth living on edge for.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Mine never leaked. I am PG sensitive though so I was not using thin liquid. I still think 50/50 should work, though. The O ring under the chimney is a known culprit. Make sure you are screwing the coil in tight enough. Yes, close air flow for filling.

Good luck!

Anna

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
I have the N2, and I am replacing them with the N2s.
You must place an oring in the chimney. The oring is in the spare kit provided with the N2 tank.
The tank DO leak continously when it is open, so you must be quick to fill it, and remove the leaked liquid after each fill. To do this, place the N2 tank horizontally with air holes facing the floor, and gently blow into the drip tip.
Otherwise the liquid will come out at later time, while producing some gurgling.
The N2 has a great flavour and extended coil life much like the Kabuki, but is not a tank for everybody. I had four of them, replaced with the new N2s, except one that I kept for its flavour.
The N2s is a much better design, and will never have the coil stuck in the chimney like the N2 quite often do, leading to a catastrofic dump of the e-liquid content. Also it can be filled in much easier fashion. It lacks liquid flow control though, so it can't be deemed a professional tank; but very good nonetheless, and it behaves much as common sense expects, unlike the N2.

Reactions: stols001

Rob B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2019
goodbye
I have the N2, and I am replacing them with the N2s.
You must place an oring in the chimney. The oring is in the spare kit provided with the N2 tank.
The tank DO leak continously when it is open, so you must be quick to fill it, and remove the leaked liquid after each fill. To do this, place the N2 tank horizontally with air holes facing the floor, and gently blow into the drip tip.
Otherwise the liquid will come out at later time, while producing some gurgling.
The N2 has a great flavour and extended coil life much like the Kabuki, but is not a tank for everybody. I had four of them, replaced with the new N2s, except one that I kept for its flavour.
The N2s is a much better design, and will never have the coil stuck in the chimney like the N2 quite often do, leading to a catastrofic dump of the e-liquid content. Also it can be filled in much easier fashion. It lacks liquid flow control though, so it can't be deemed a professional tank; but very good nonetheless, and it behaves much as common sense expects, unlike the N2.

Thank you. I have been looking at the new N2s tank, and also have decided to replace the N2 with the N2s. Looking forward to the easier to fill feature, and no leaking.

Pete M

Aug 5, 2018
Whoever heard of a leaky N2? [sarcasm]

In all seriousness I totally agree what poster above said about the only tank you have to build a personal relationship with... However since my first couple of weeks with it I've not had any leaks using 70 and currently 80 vg juice.

Top tips - screw that coil in as hard as you can when changing - otherwise it will come out and cause rivers of sticky juice all over hand/mod/desk/loved family pets etc

On the other hand don't screw the sleeve back on very tightly or you're going to feel the need for a vice and pliers to get the thing off (joking aside rubber gloves worked for me)

I never bother closing af when refilling. However, learn to accept you can't fill the tank up as much as it looks like you should be able to - I have a feeling this might be why it's leaking for you. It's just a tank that needs regular refilling...

Personally, I don't think it's possible to really refill properly without a solid flat surface and some tissues. I'm interested in the 2s but it sounds like it is improving on the original by incorporating the features of the Zenith of which I already have one

Rob B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2019
goodbye
Whoever heard of a leaky N2? [sarcasm]

In all seriousness I totally agree what poster above said about the only tank you have to build a personal relationship with... However since my first couple of weeks with it I've not had any leaks using 70 and currently 80 vg juice.

Top tips - screw that coil in as hard as you can when changing - otherwise it will come out and cause rivers of sticky juice all over hand/mod/desk/loved family pets etc

On the other hand don't screw the sleeve back on very tightly or you're going to feel the need for a vice and pliers to get the thing off (joking aside rubber gloves worked for me)

I never bother closing af when refilling. However, learn to accept you can't fill the tank up as much as it looks like you should be able to - I have a feeling this might be why it's leaking for you. It's just a tank that needs regular refilling...

Personally, I don't think it's possible to really refill properly without a solid flat surface and some tissues. I'm interested in the 2s but it sounds like it is improving on the original by incorporating the features of the Zenith of which I already have one

Thanks Pete. I followed your instructions, and she's been leak free since. No leakage noticeable anywhere. Thanks bud! You saved my sanityo_O I also followed greek mule's advice and got the Zenith D22 tank, albeit attached to the Innokin Coolfire Mini Mod.:)

Here's a photo of her next to the Coolfire Mini I got yesterday. I love my little Mods:wub:

Mods Reduced.jpg

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I want an N2s out of curiosity, just not enough to buy one, probably.

Come to think the husband uses my 2 "quittin tank" N2s with no leaks either, on much less high VG liquid.

No idea what we are doing right, other than making sure the top O ring is there.

I had more issues getting the coil stuck in the chimney than anything else. It was never pleasant when that happened.

I would say, try a Kabuki clone from fasttech… But don't. They are really awful and nothing like the real thing.

The real Kabuki uses the N2 coils and will make you forget the N2 ever existed. I have two and I don't regret my purchases even a little.

Anna

Reactions: greek mule

Pete M

Aug 5, 2018
Thanks Pete. I followed your instructions, and she's been leak free since. No leakage noticeable anywhere. Thanks bud! You saved my sanityo_O I also followed greek mule's advice and got the Zenith D22 tank, albeit attached to the Innokin Coolfire Mini Mod.:)

Here's a photo of her next to the Coolfire Mini I got yesterday. I love my little Mods:wub:

View attachment 801941

No probs The Zenith is also a great tank. Now I've figured out the n2 I like them both equally for different reasons and variety is the spice of life :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread