Leaky Big Baby Beast Coil Break In - help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analias

Jan 9, 2016
Howdy Humans,
I'm new to the Big Baby Beast tanks. But I'm an old hand at tanks, RDTAs, and RBAs.
Everytime I put a new coil in a BBB (and I'm using the T6 coils) I load the coil in the base, prime the coil, install the coil in the tank, make damn sure the AFC ring is closed, put some juice in the tank, make sure the lid is actually fully closed, take a couple of primer pulls with no power, and then I let it sit for a spell. These are steps that have served me well with all my stock tanks and RBTAs.
When I finally vape on it I get one or two pulls and them the leaking begins. The Big Baby just wets itself and pees juice all over everything. Once I take it off the mod, clean it all up and then put it back on the mod everything seems to work just fine.
Help?

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
First off, make sure that all the o-rings are sealed. One person had an issue with the silicone fill seal and replaced it. Try taking it out and reinstall it and see if it is a sealing issue with it not being seated properly. Before I would take a zero power pull, wrap the tank with a paper towel and blow. Sometimes it is over primed and flooded. Then take a couple pulls before taking a hit.

Analias

Jan 9, 2016
First off, make sure that all the o-rings are sealed. One person had an issue with the silicone fill seal and replaced it. Try taking it out and reinstall it and see if it is a sealing issue with it not being seated properly. Before I would take a zero power pull, wrap the tank with a paper towel and blow. Sometimes it is over primed and flooded. Then take a couple pulls before taking a hit.

It's actually happening on multiple BBB tanks so I don't think it's a seal. I'll give it a shot though.
Would an over primed coil cause the symptoms of leaking I described?
I'm not sure but I think the last coil I didn't prime it at all, just let the filled tank sit overnight.
When I finally do put power to the coil and try a vape it does gurgle and spit a bit so I guess it is flooded.
I like the tanks in general but not the flooding with a new coil.
Whaaa
Oh hush you big baby....

Reactions: stols001

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
It's actually happening on multiple BBB tanks so I don't think it's a seal. I'll give it a shot though.
Would an over primed coil cause the symptoms of leaking I described?
I'm not sure but I think the last coil I didn't prime it at all, just let the filled tank sit overnight.
When I finally do put power to the coil and try a vape it does gurgle and spit a bit so I guess it is flooded.
I like the tanks in general but not the flooding with a new coil.
Whaaa
Oh hush you big baby....

In my opinion the Baby Beast coils are notorious for flooding itself. I think it was Rip Trippers, but he recommended keeping your mod/tank upside down if you are going to leave it overnight. I guess that will allow any flooded juice to drip out the drip tip instead of pooling around the AFC area. I also think that with the tank upside down, there is less juice contact with the wick holes and less saturation, but I could be wrong on that. My Baby Beast tanks are now my backups and i store them without juice.

holdenbeachbum

Oct 11, 2017
NC
I had the same issue. Tighten tighten, both your coil and seals. Blow out after the first draw on a new coil works for me. I got me a tank tool to get the tank and coils off/out.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Howdy Humans,
I'm new to the Big Baby Beast tanks. But I'm an old hand at tanks, RDTAs, and RBAs.
Everytime I put a new coil in a BBB (and I'm using the T6 coils) I load the coil in the base, prime the coil, install the coil in the tank, make damn sure the AFC ring is closed, put some juice in the tank, make sure the lid is actually fully closed, take a couple of primer pulls with no power, and then I let it sit for a spell. These are steps that have served me well with all my stock tanks and RBTAs.
When I finally vape on it I get one or two pulls and them the leaking begins. The Big Baby just wets itself and pees juice all over everything. Once I take it off the mod, clean it all up and then put it back on the mod everything seems to work just fine.
Help?
Ivenot had that problem. I just make sure i put it in pretty tight.

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
I picked up a cloud beast monster King Kong whatever mostly for a stage prop as an intro to Locomotive Breath. Learned in a hurry, don't leave it filled overnight. Big puddle. Thankfully I didn't leave it on a mod or a surface that would suffer from the e-juice. So ok, it's still usable. I'll just put a mill in it at the beginning of the set.

Seiggy

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2012
Irwin, Pennsylvania
Had the same issue with new coils leaking. Read in another thread that sometimes the leak comes from the bottom coil seal (the notched one) and is caused by one of the wire ends extending out which prevents a good seal. I've just pushed the wire inward using a small flat blade and made sure the seal sat flush with no deforms. I now do this with all new coils before using and have not had a leak since.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Had the same issue with new coils leaking. Read in another thread that sometimes the leak comes from the bottom coil seal (the notched one) and is caused by one of the wire ends extending out which prevents a good seal. I've just pushed the wire inward using a small flat blade and made sure the seal sat flush with no deforms. I now do this with all new coils before using and have not had a leak since.
That makes sense. If one of these did leak, thats about the only place it could, short of cross-threading it while installing. And i would think if a coil head got cross-threaded, it would cause a permanent leak.

SmokeyMcVape

Oct 18, 2017
Howdy Humans,
Help?
I was like yourself mate leaking BBB and figured out where I when wrong,

So I was using the wrong juice 80PG 20VG and loosing half a tank from leaking, I find that once I’m at 50PG 50VG (or higher VG) it stopped leaking also while on the topic of BBB I also notice that the Q4 coils burned out quickly and inconsistency when firing at the recommended 45-60w, sometimes I got 3 days from a coil other times I got 2 weeks, I found too way to prolong the coils,

The Q4 coils recommend that 45-60w is best but can be use at 30-70w, I found that firing at 30-35w (under the recommended but still big cloud) I was able to get a consistent 6 weeks per coil,

Also afterwards if u wash the coil with running water (under the tap) to remove the black guck and let it dry wrapped up in a tissue you could get another 2-3 weeks out of that coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread