The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Least expensive way to test juices?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Frank NJ, Apr 22, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Frank NJ

Frank NJ Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2012
    NJ
    Still trying to find my favorite 2-3 juices and it's getting expensive lol .. I buy small bottles but to test them I have been buying empty cartomizers from V4L at 10.00 a pop for 5. Could someone tell me if there is a cheaper method? Here is the equipment I have so far 808 batteries V4L and I just got my smokbox varicool on friday which I really like ....

2. MustangSallie

MustangSallie Mistress Blabber Mouth Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    USA
    I'm not familiar with the smokbox varicool, but it looks like it has a 510 connection. The cheapest way to test new juices is to drip on an atty. The flavor is normally much better on an atty than in a carto anyway. You can usually just drip a new flavor without cleaning as long as the old flavor wasn't something really strong like mint/menthol or cinnamon. Some people drip unflavored pg between flavors to clear out the old one. You can also clean an atty with water or alcohol and reuse for weeks to months.

Some people even remove the filler from cartos and test juices by dripping directly onto the bottom coil of the carto, like a cheap atty.

3. MiamiMom63

MiamiMom63 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2012
    South Florida
    Cheapest way is DIY your own juice. Invest in buying Nic juice, PG and VG and I got my son all that and 5 flavor extracts from onestopdiyshop.com for about $30. From that he was able to make alot of juice! I spent alot of money on trying juices at first and was addicted to trying juices. Now it's way cheaper for me to get small bottles of extract flavors and do it myself, and I honestly have preferred the juices I make from the ones I used to buy and hate, and then be mad at myself that I bought them.

4. Mythus2012

Mythus2012 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Sorry, I'm not familar with your set-up but I say get more vape friends and try their juices :)

5. MiamiMom63

MiamiMom63 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2012
    South Florida
    This is what I have done in the past. I turned a couple friends onto vaping. They would come over and say I need juice and am waiting for an order. They liked the cotton candy I made for them cause they were menthol smokers and would add menthol to it. I said okay, you can have some juice but you have to make it yourself. Sit at my dining room table and here is the amounts of stuff to put in it. My friend's hand was shaking when she did it the first time. LMAO. After that she was so happy and glad she knew and after vaping only one week she was DIY'ing her own juice cheap. :)

6. hairball

hairball ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 17, 2010
    Other Places
    901 atomizers will fit the kr808 but the draw may be a little tight. Or you can get a kr808/510 adapter for your batteries and get some 510 atomizers. Atomizers are the best way to test juices.

Do you know what the threading for your smokbox is?

7. Frank NJ

Frank NJ Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2012
    NJ
    Yes its a 510 thread could you recommend a good atomizer? Thanks

8. auntsteff

auntsteff Full Member Verified Member

Feb 28, 2011
    Metro Atlanta
    Vaping friends is always a good way to try new juices & my next favorite thing is to look for juice in the classies. Sometimes there are some good deals to be had.

9. Sharktank

Sharktank Full Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Pa
    Attys are your best choice to try different juices, check some of the ecf forums for different ones that are popular. I started with V4L myself three months ago and have since moved on to VV mods and tanks. Check out blue mist vapers for some great prices and samplers.

10. Str8V8ping

Str8V8ping Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 10, 2011
    NYC
    I recomend trying a cisco 306 atty around 2.5ohm . The 306 is a dripping atty and will fit on your varicool since its fits a 510 connector . I say the 306 because its very easy to clean to switch juices fast and gives great flavor and TH . Just drip a few drops of juice vape .then drip a few drops of another juice etc. It will also help if you buy some unflavored PG . Drip a few drops of PG and vape it to clean the atty for a new flavor . Cartos are the worst way to test juices because you cant switch juices in them so if you dont like it you will just be tossing cartos out left and right . Another thing is dont buy juice just because its cheap. My fav vendor for finding daily vapes is msts bakery.Almost every juice iv tried there is daily vape worthy and more flavorfull then anywhere else iv tried. CHeck my sig for my favs or msts sub forum for reviews. Other great vendors you will most likely find a daily vape at is BWB , AVE , elitevaporworks , Nitelitevapor

When you find a juice you really like then its time to pull out the cartos . Boge cartos is what kept me vaping personally and a SR boge works perfect with your vv boxmod

11. Hitmetwice

Hitmetwice Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2012
    Ontario
    I've been using the new vision stardust clearos to test new liquids.
    One costs about 5 bucks but after testing I dump the leftovers back into the bottle,
    rinse out the clearo, do a dry burn and then refill and test again.

Been working great. My stardusts are over a month old now and still going strong.
    Rinsing out a dryburning takes 5min. or so.

They do have an ego connection though so you may need an adapter for your device.

Cheers:vapor:

12. mudshovel

mudshovel Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2012
    IL
    I've order some small 10 ml bottles of diffent flavors from myfreedomsmokes.com and they were only $5 each... plus they have a 20% coupon thing right now... decent priced and fast shipping..

13. SoulMan28091

SoulMan28091 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2012
    Lilesville, NC USA
    Madvapes usually has a deal for five 10ml bottles of Eliquid for around $15 but they choose the combination of flavors. I lucked out and I really like 4 of the 5 I got LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.