HaploVoss

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Rogersville, MO - USA

HaploVoss

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Rogersville, MO - USA
Something else you can try...take your atomizer and use your paper clip (or whatever else with a point) and insert into the hole in the bottom of the atty. That has a small rubber ring around it and you can very gently pry it up to make a better connection. I've had to do this several times on various 901s.

Yep that is a good one too... but just like advised, be gentle because some of those things if you aren't careful will 'pop' the o-ring out a bit on one side, and then you have some frustrating times ahead of you

[Ask me how I know... :D]

PurKat

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2009
Oklahoma, U.S.A.
Ask me how I know...

Thought I would take you up on this. HA!

1. Received my first one, a DSE-901 Auto, however, it is like sucking on a straw, no draw to it. Any advice? :confused:

2. Nothing to the flavor either. I used 1/4 no flavor zero nic, 1/2 menthol zero nic , and 1/4 Tobacco flavor zero nic-- I still cannot taste anything. Any advice? :confused:

I thought this was going to be a breeze, for me to switch from analogs to vaporing, but right now, I am not getting any satisfaction from the device.

Thanks! :)

Thanks!

VA Slim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2009
Boynton Bch., FL USA
PurKat....please know that vaping is not exactly like smoking. You have to adapt to the experience. After 35 yrs. of heavy smoking, it took me a month of analogs + vaping to completely cross over. It's a gradual process and can be a very satisfying one. So here goes....
#1. Hold your finger over the hole on your atty and take a couple primer puffs. Later, all you will have to do is take a couple primer puffs to get a good hit. Also, it takes a bit to break-in an atty. In a day or 2, the 901 atty can be a fog machine. Keep the cart moist, almost a pool.
#2. Your taste buds are numb from smoking....get some really strong flavored juice. Tobacco flavors didn't work for me at first because I expected it to all taste like real cigarettes. Nope! Just know that going in....finding flavors is the hardest part. You have tobacco flavors, fruits and candies, nutty.....it's a buffet.
You have to vape a bit differently than you smoked and still get the flavor/throat hit, etc. Almost 5 months and I would never go back, just give it a minute. Hang in there.

PurKat

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2009
Oklahoma, U.S.A.
PurKat....please know that vaping is not exactly like smoking. You have to adapt to the experience. After 35 yrs. of heavy smoking, it took me a month of analogs + vaping to completely cross over. It's a gradual process and can be a very satisfying one. So here goes....
#1. Hold your finger over the hole on your atty and take a couple primer puffs. Later, all you will have to do is take a couple primer puffs to get a good hit. Also, it takes a bit to break-in an atty. In a day or 2, the 901 atty can be a fog machine. Keep the cart moist, almost a pool.
#2. Your taste buds are numb from smoking....get some really strong flavored juice. Tobacco flavors didn't work for me at first because I expected it to all taste like real cigarettes. Nope! Just know that going in....finding flavors is the hardest part. You have tobacco flavors, fruits and candies, nutty.....it's a buffet.
You have to vape a bit differently than you smoked and still get the flavor/throat hit, etc. Almost 5 months and I would never go back, just give it a minute. Hang in there.

VA Slim,
Thanks for the tips and advice on vaporing. By accident I covered up that little hole, and got a stronger drag, so I was doing experimenting with that. I have smoked one a pack, for 40 years, and was hoping to switch off to the vaporing. Maybe I need to order some low nic juice, and gradually ween off.

I was going to try and go cold turkey today, but I lost my dream kitty today, Sasha, a pure breed Blue Point Himalayan Persian. She was 17 years, 2 months, 22 days old. I buried her in my Victory Garden, in my backyard.

Anyway, will try again tomorrow, after I calm down some.

Thanks again! :)

VA Slim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2009
Boynton Bch., FL USA
Pur......I'm so sorry for your loss. Sasha sounds like a beautiful long time friend.
Don't stress about the smoking thing.....just take it slow. However, maybe you should start with higher nic juice (24 or 18mg.) to get your nic fix, then gradually cut it down. Your body has to get used to the absence of tar and all the chemicals.

Vape On!!!!

jxmiller

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2009
I am having the same exact problem, battery lights up but no vapor. Goin to read some more on the staple trick.

Too bad I don't have any back up atomizers. Sadly enough i went and bought a pack of smokes. Nasty nasty nasty. I need to keep some spare atomizers so that does not happen again.

Looked around - where should I buy atomizers from? I have a DSE 901. it is a full sized model I believe... not sure if there are differences. I need to order 3 I think just to be on the safe side plus I want to get into flavoring and don't want to mix flavors.

Thanks!

Last edited:

VA Slim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2009
Boynton Bch., FL USA
jx.....check out the supplier forums on this site, many sell DSE901 attys w/ deals & coupons, etc. The DSE901 is considered a "mini", you may be thinking about an 801, which is longer. It is a good idea to have at least 2 working attys ready to go at all times, plus a few more for back-up. Attys are weird and can fail at any time. Consider them disposable, still cheaper than analogs (in the long run).

Also, when choosing flavors, invest in the sample bottles at first, it will save you $$ in the end. It's a journey finding flavors to enjoy, but a fun trip.

greenie

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
Pacific Northwest
I tried this on yet another faulty 901 battery and the whole washer came out.

I've used this method before just fine but this time the reason for the fault came out in my hands.:mad:

I should just take a 20 dollar bill and rip it in half. It would be just as wasteful but 100% less frustrating.

I'm finished with the 901 batteries. They are like those rainy day friends you just need to kick to the curb sometimes.

mp166

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
london
I just got a box mod after 8 months of using the standard 901 batts (with many bad stories of course). Box has opened my eyes, much more flavour although a bit more juice use. I now just use standard batts when out and about, my chargers down to about 3 uses a week from 3 a day. For the records i bought an AA box mod from e-cigcity.co.uk good quality and cheap.

MP

nonstinky

May 20, 2009
Northwestern USA
I purchased the bulk 901's from Eastmall and they vaped great....for about a WEEK. I've had nothing but problems with 901's. Great at first then the same symptomes you have here. I don't WANT to have to make a mod for something that should work as paid for. All three batteries, all three atty's are JUNK. And the same with 901's I've purchased from other suppliers. I liked the throat hit and huge vapes from the 901, but for an e-cig that only lasts me a week I'm back to the 510!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread