LED won't turn off

Status
Not open for further replies.

sea_munky

Nov 9, 2009
California
Hi. I got a brand new starter kit from china. Today is only the second day and the LED won't turn off. I "think" it was off until I pushed the button to vape now it's on permanently. I've unscrewed the atty but the light's still on.

suggestions?

EDIT: Okay, I just tried screwing it in to the charger. The light will blink as usual and then turn off. However, the charger light stays green.

am I out a 1 day old battery already?

Last edited:

sea_munky

Nov 9, 2009
California
Grateful - thanks for sharing

I'm not sure what "brand" it was. It's a joye 510 from e-cigarette-china.com It came in the little white box with the manual so it seems like a genuine product.

It worked for a day, the charger still works for my other batteries. I'm pretty sure it's an issue with the switch inside. I just don't know what to do about it!

I emailed my supplier. Who did you get yours from?

Bjorn Toulouse

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Glasgow
Grateful - thanks for sharing

I'm not sure what "brand" it was. It's a joye 510 from e-cigarette-china.com It came in the little white box with the manual so it seems like a genuine product.

It worked for a day, the charger still works for my other batteries. I'm pretty sure it's an issue with the switch inside. I just don't know what to do about it!

I emailed my supplier. Who did you get yours from?

I have had two do this one from TECC (uk) TW (uk), is it the rubbery type switch or the hard plastic type switch? If its the rubber one try flicking the button a few times with your fingernail.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
I have not had this problem with either my regular 510 manual batts, or my mega batts. However, it could be the actual button switch is sticking in the on position. Perhaps spraying some electronic contact cleaner (Cailube is one, and there is a Home Depot version and also RadioShack) with the aim to get some between the button and whatever it is attached to inside the batt. I don't think it could hurt, and it might work. Could be something got into the switch at the factory. If it is a bad switch, of course, this will not help, but if it is some sort of dust/gunk it could well work.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread