The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Led's

Discussion in 'Cosmetic Mods' started by stevo_tdo, Jul 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. stevo_tdo

stevo_tdo Super Member ECF Veteran

May 27, 2009
    Missouri
    Allright, well i need a led like the one that is in virtually every e-cig charger. I just spent some time googling and no luck.

Two leads

Red and Green

Green indicates charged

Red indicates Charging

Color determined by low or high impedence indicated by charge output circuit

Yada Yada Yada

Thanks in advance for proving my ignorance of google

2. framitz

framitz Moved On

May 24, 2009
    RSM, CA
    There are two types of two color LED that I know of:
    1. Red/green depending on voltage polarity, 2 leads. AC will light both alternatly to show yellow
    2. Three lead LED, one lead for green and one for red.

Not sure that is what you are looking for.

3. guting

guting Full Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 15, 2009
    The Nei Area
    its three leads in my charger

4. stevo_tdo

May 27, 2009
    Missouri
    [​IMG]

Two lead, dual color. Led stays green while charge chip does precoditioning checks on battery. Turns to red after the preconditioning phase ends. Turns to green when battery reaches finish charge voltage.

5. zero7starz

zero7starz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 10, 2009
    You know every newb video I've ever watched said that the charging lights don't really work. Someone might be able to fix it but its just better to time how long you've had the battery on the charger for...

6. stevo_tdo

May 27, 2009
    Missouri
    Bumpety Bump Bump..........Bump Bump.

Only things i have left to get for my mod. ahhhhhhhhh

Built in usb charging and passthrough...ahhhhhh

7. stevo_tdo

May 27, 2009
    Missouri
    charging lights work. there really is no reason to initially charge a battery for 8 hours. The chips in the charger shut down charge after the battery reaches charge voltage. Then you end up with a extremely extremely slow trickles charge or none at all, and leaving it on after the status indicates - is bad. These batteries have no memory effect so their is no benefit to overcharge them for 8 hours. And for the newb video to say that the charge lights don't work is unsafe to say. The led status indicator is tied directly to the charging system itself. When the system is in charge mode the charge output circuit (not the batt charge output) pulls low lighting the red led. When the charge of the battery is complete the voltage to the led changes and lights up the green led. At this time both red and green are illuminated but the eye only sees green. To say the led doesn't work is synonomous with saying the charger doesn't work. Timing a charge is impossible because it varies between charges. Sometimes the battery is over depleted (somehow just inching over that low voltage shutoff) and enters usually a 43ma or so preconditioning charge. That means it has to trickle charge up to a predetermined level before starting normal charge. Eh just my rant

8. stevo_tdo

May 27, 2009
    Missouri
    I got it all lined out.

MODS CLOSE THIS THREAD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.