Left a nice review here, now realize your ego chargers are generic very slow charging units!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Salem, Oregon
I am quite new to vaping and the the ego c twists 2 and soon to be 3 batteries 1000mah work great and are genuine. Your generic rapid (and I use the term loosely) chargers take 7-8 hours to charge each battery. I thought since I plug them into a surge protector perhaps it was me and seemed to work well when they were finally charged.... not the case , used a wall socket by itself via the kitchen with same results.

It's late and will send an email by monday if I don't get a response here. To call this item or in my case items a rapid charger is a bit insulting. I took 4 days of research to figure out what i wanted / needed. Ordered a product clear across the country because I felt it was genuine and didn't mind a day or two extra ship time as long as I got the genuine product in the end. What's interesting is how the kit is purchased (you throw in a usb charger and wall wart included as free). I did pay for an extra one as well....so really out of pocket the $6.75 for the extra charger. But if I didn't get what I paid for in the kit itself, I still feel cheated.

Bizarre you would even sell this item. It will be interesting to hear your spin on this and how you'll rectify the problem. I'm usually an easy going very loyal long time customer (this is my only gripe). I know I'm not alone here.

aasupplyny

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2009
USA
If you are referring to the Joye Ego Rapid USB Charger, the output is listed in the product description (420mA). We make no claims as to the length of time it takes to charge the battery. This varies with the capacity of your battery (mAh).

This charger is known in the industry as the Ego Rapid charger: As seen here.

Back in late 2009 when the Ego battery was introduced, Joyetech sold them with a 510 USB charger (150mA). Shortly after, they introduced the Joye Ego Charger (420mA). To avoid confusion between the two chargers, myself and other distributors; dubbed it the "Rapid Charger". In comparison to the original 510 threaded USB Charger, it is "Rapid".

-----------------

Help: Answer

Your Joye products have "MVS" logos, are they genuine Joyetech?

Rest assured that when you shop at myvaporstore.com, you are purchasing genuine products from the official manufacturer as described. We have been in business since 2009 and have maintained our reputation throughout. All of our "Joye" products are genuine Joyetech and produced by Shenzhen Joyetech Co., Ltd.

We are one of the few distributors listed in Joyetech's official website here:
Joyetech worldwide business partner

As an OEM Business Partners, Joyetech uses our logo on their products. This helps us determine the origins of a product during warranty claims.

For further verification, Joyetech can be reached via email at info@joyetech.com.

--------------

Please note, support inquiries posted in this forum normally go unmonitored. Please address all issues to info@myvaporstore.com. Our support team generally replies within 24 hours of receipt.

Thank you and Happy Easter!

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Salem, Oregon
Ok I see your point where in the description of the charger you make no mention of charge times or performance. Ironically Rapid charger and Fast charger have the exact same specs. Only difference I see is Joyetech logo on the much faster charger. But I tend to read between the lines and have a very low BS meter and found some reviews taken directly from your site for the "Very Slow Rapid Charger" product you speak about. Let us take a look.

RapidChargerReviews.jpg RapidChargerReviews2.jpg RapidChargerReviews3.jpg

Larger view of above pictures

In the second pic , somebody with the same setup as I is somehow charging their battery within 2-3 hours with the same charger I have been using. Now perhaps call me Captain Obvious , these reviews are for a different charger (the very fast one) or just plain fake.

What I see that has happened is your company got a great deal on many out dated or unwanted low selling items maybe even discontinued rapid (very very slow chargers) and decided to pass them off on certain people you figure didn't know any better. The initial order was actually made in my wife's name using my email account. I made a second purchase creating an account in my name for an extra battery that arrives early this week in blue, this will be my last and final order from your company.

So you make a couple of extra bucks x 100's or 1000's and it adds up and adds to your bottom line...I get it. You should sell it this way and not bait and switch your customers with an inferior product (and by reading the response, knowingly). At least give people the option to choose a very slow or fast charger and sell it that way.

This is what i wrote after receiving my items on the 25th of March 2013, it's favorable and gives the same info you quoted in the response. You have even liked it and was trying to be a positive influence in helping out a company I had felt at the time was honest and ethical.

RapidChargerReviews4.jpg

The above thread is located at http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...7-has-anyone-ordered-myvaporstore-com-10.html

Page 10

Left it as is for now to see if you will make this right. It's not the money, it is the principal and the cavalier attitude followed with a canned response that set me off. If I ordered a Chrysler 300C (with Hemi engine) and the dealership delivered a standard version (no Hemi lol), yeah they look the same, it may even feel the same when you sit in it... but performance is much much different.

If nothing gets resolved I hope that I save a few people from making the same mistake I and probably countless others have made over who knows how long.

Last edited:

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Salem, Oregon
Just noticed the pics came out very small... Just look at the reviews to the rapid charger on myvaporstore.com and by the time you hit page three you've read enough to know what I mean. Not wasting anymore time on this....and if they delete them, will fix it later when I have more time. Sorry , don't usually have a prob with stuff like this, but starting to use google chrome or this site has limits on size cause they were 1440x 700 and change pics that I uploaded.

Have a great day people and thanks for reading.

fixed....

Last edited:

daPorkchop

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2012
Nashville, TN
Wow. First, I can kind of tell you are a new vapor. Welcome to the world of Chinese products. Where MANY things can and do wrong at the manufacturing level. You can simply let the vendor know you THINK they must have a bad batch of chargers and tell them why. Typically, here in this community, our vendors try to take care of their customers as that's all they really have to go on; their name and reputation. I say typically because when you jump to conclusions and assume they are trying to mislead you; then I, myself, would turn a cold shoulder (probably why I am in no way close to being a vendor).

Second, to not even give a VERY REPUTABLE vendor a chance to correct the matter before claiming you will never do business again with them is, in my mind, very negative.

Yes, a 420mah charger should charge your battery in a little less than 3 hours. Do you have juice on either of the connections? Are you using a wall adaptor that is less than 420mah? Do you have any idea what you are really talking about? Have you hooked up a meter to see if 420mah is being passed to your battery? These are NOT questions the vendor would ask you, just troubleshooting. Usually, the vendor ESPECIALLY MVS will probably just send you another one to see if you just got a bad unit.

You are going to have a miserable time in the vaping community if you have this attitude with everything that goes wrong. Things leak, things break prematurely, things get made poorly, things get overlooked. It is the nature of the beast here in the vaping world as most of the products we like to order are mass produced in China.

You've heard of you get what you pay for? Here, in the vaping community, it is held to a T. If you want something that will never fail (most of the time) you are going to have to pay that person the extra money for the time they took to make it extra perfect. Do some more research before you jump clawing and screaming at a very respected reputable vendor.

Last edited:

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Salem, Oregon
DaPorkChop I appreciate your feedback and have made some valid points.

I'm new to the vapor community and have been trying to quit smoking this past week for the first time in 30 years. Am I a little on edge lol yes I am. New to Chinese products, no. Pretty much everything we use in North America is made in China lol. Was my experience horrible with myvaporstore.com, no it wasn't. Was this rant justified? No probably not. Do the two chargers and wall wart charge the batteries? , yes they do (7-8 hours). Is one battery ready as the other dies? yes, barely cause I'm chain vaping lol. The batteries are genuine joyetech and the kanger t3's are none leaking versions and have performed well. I will rebuild the coils myself eventually using a cart/atty ohm meter I purchased this week.

I didn't just jump into this without doing hours and hours of research before making a decision on what to start with and a reputable vendor to deal with. I'm the guy friends and family bring their computers to if they have an issue or problem. I enjoy modding things (consoles , smart phones etc...) so problem solving before an RMA is paramount. The only thing I didn't do was use a meter to check connectivity. The vendor's reply was such that they knew these chargers were not the fast variety, so felt like a moot point.

I'm still within warranty for these products and will shoot them an email today to see if I can get this rectified. I have been a bit negative lately and surprised how you called me out in such a cordial manner. I am a reasonable guy who took things a bit too far, it was not justified and realize this a few days later.

Thanks for putting things into perspective and hopefully myvaporstore and I can work something out.... If not, not the end of the world and just purchase a faster charger somewhere else. No worries. My experience was 99% positive in the end.

daPorkchop

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2012
Nashville, TN
Well, now I feel bad after sleeping on it. I mainly wanted to point out that since I've started (3 months myself) most of the vendors have tried to rectify the problem, even when it wasn't their fault. Over the last 3 months, I have had bad ViVi Nova heads, Stardust heads, bad T3's, bad boge cartos, and a bad AGR (not all from MVS...actually...not at all from MVS). All of them get replaced. The frustrating part was having to wait again. So, I do understand where you are coming from when you get frustrated, I mean, who wants a broken product? I just don't blame the vendor. They try to take care of us most of the time.

Good luck in quitting. I've only had 5 smokes since Dec 17th and they taste like crap. Hope you can quit too!

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
My limited research has found that there are only 420mah - 500mah chargers available for eGo style batteries, regardless of brand or price. It would be helpful, if you have found ones that offer faster charging, to share it with the rest of us.

You may find it useful if you add a battery or two to get an eGo battery passthrough, as it can be used while charging, even on a computer usb port.

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Salem, Oregon
This is what I've found at healthcabin website ... here is the page

[Joyetech]Joye eGo/eGo T /eGo C Mega Powered USB Charger

They call it a Mega charger, but it has the same specs as the ones I received...

Genuine Joye Mega USB charger with joyetech logo on them. It can charge all Joye eGo/eGo T/eGo C and forthcoming eGo C Twist batteries and passthrough.

Brand: Joyetech
Unit: 1pc
Shipping weight:31g
Input voltage: DC 5V
Output voltage: DC 4.2V Max output Current: DC 420mA
Package: plain

How to use?
Screw the battery tightly into the charger
Insert the charger into a computer or a universal AC- USB adapter

Charging time:
*Joye eGo T/eGo C 650mAh battery: 2.5 hours
*Joye eGo T/eGo C 900mAh battery: 3.5 hours
*Joye eGo T/eGo C 1000mAh battery: 4 hours

Note: I would be good with that .....

daPorkchop

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2012
Nashville, TN
And those are what (I ASSUME) MVS is thinking they are selling (theirs has the MVS logo on it because of the partnership with Joye). It could be that Joye isn't doing a good job of QC or Joye is trying to pull a fast one on all of us. I don't however, believe that MVS would try to deceive us. I know I have a good one from MVS that charges my 650 in about 2hrs and 900 in about 3.

I don't believe MVS tests every batch or every piece that comes in. You could splice your charger and hook up a meter to it while it's charging and read the amps being drawn and see if the charger is passing 420mah through. Don't know what that will gain you to be honest. Just thought I'd put that out there.

I just would hope that MVS will try to rectify whatever the situation is.

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Salem, Oregon
And those are what (I ASSUME) MVS is thinking they are selling (theirs has the MVS logo on it because of the partnership with Joye). It could be that Joye isn't doing a good job of QC or Joye is trying to pull a fast one on all of us. I don't however, believe that MVS would try to deceive us. I know I have a good one from MVS that charges my 650 in about 2hrs and 900 in about 3.

I don't believe MVS tests every batch or every piece that comes in. You could splice your charger and hook up a meter to it while it's charging and read the amps being drawn and see if the charger is passing 420mah through. Don't know what that will gain you to be honest. Just thought I'd put that out there.

I just would hope that MVS will try to rectify whatever the situation is.

Well I sent an email off yesterday and Michelle from customer service is sending out replacements.... they were shipped this morning and will let you guys know how things worked out.

Funny the chargers I'm using now don't have the MVS logo stamped on them. They have nothing.

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
I'm glad to see your problem was handled by the vendor. Remember that we all can be a lil crabby after we let go of the ciggys. The first couple of weeks I had to kind of check myself when I got irritated. Your body is getting over all of the other crap that were in the cigarettes we smoked for so many years. If you find yourself getting irritated just take a moment to vape & try to relax for a few mins. Then you can determine if your reaction is rational or if the cigarette withdrawal demon is coming out. Lol! The process is much easier than quitting cold turkey but we can still get very irritated when switching. It'll get easier!

Proetus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Western Mass
I had the same problem! I ordered a Joyetech ego charger. I Received a knockoff that would not charge either of my batteries. It did not have the MVS logo on it either. I sent an email to customer service, Michelle asked a few questions, sent out a new charger as well as a postage paid sticker to return the defective knock off. The new one i received has the MVS logo on it, says joyetech and works like a champ. Every company screws up once in awhile, its how its handled determines whether i shall return there to shop. I will return to mvs as my issue was handled well.

Aurora-Oblivion

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Isle of the Wizards
I've run into differing charge rates on 420mah chargers too, so it could just be the charger itself or a semi-faulty charger.

I have 2 generic 420mah USB chargers, both look to be a generic unbranded (aside from Janty/Panda branding - neither say Joytech, ect). The Janty normally takes 5-7 hours to charge a 650mah eGo, and the one from Panda charges that same 650mah battery in about an hour or less usually. The faster Panda one can charge a 900mah in about 2 hours usually, sometimes a little more or less, that takes at least 6-8+ on the Janty one (not 100% certain on that as I rarely do it obviously:)).

So source of the charger internals matter, and I suppose one could be partially faulty too out of a batch of good properly charging ones. I've always thought that about my Janty one, and it sounds like yours charges at about that same rate too, so maybe we both have a somehow "Partially Faulty" charger.

Both readout the same on my DMM, but not sure it's capable of reading mah properly, or I'm not setting it to the right place :) They read out 11.5 when set to the 1.5v (4.0mA) / 9V(25mA) setting, that was the only setting to use that looked close, it's one of the cheap Harbor Frieght DMM's so might not have the right option at all.

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Salem, Oregon
Ok I received the two replacement chargers today in the mail along with some vapemail and some new tanks (iclear30's) and was surprised they all arrived on the same day lol. Right off the bat when I opened the MVS package I see two small boxes with joyetech logo's on them and my confidence level is raised from pessimistic to very confident.

I had a battery die on me about a half hour before I grabbed the mail, so have one plugged in at 1:53pm and will update this post once I notice the green light. Really really happy so far and think this will turn out well (<-------see the positiveness already lol).

I'm in the home office and have some other things to do around the house, so will check up on it around 5:00pm and keep a close eye thereafter. I'm feeling an apology is in the works and feel like a bit of a DIVA for not taking care of this the proper way from the start. These chargers have the MVS logo on them as well. Will update soon.....till then.

Upadate: 6:57pm still not charged... did not make the 4 hour mark I was hoping for. Will test the other charger and make sure the usb is snug into the wall wart this time around. I notice the charger acts a bit different in terms of the flashing green light while charging. The green flashes so quickly you almost don't notice it. This happens every 8 seconds or so like the other charger. Will update this tomorrow I guess , or until I figure out if this setup is any better.

Update: 04/07/13 want to start by saying the above comment (4 hours) realize it was more than five lol at that point lol, enough said. The battery was still not fully charged by 1:00am when I got back, so I figured this had to be user error at this point. Thought it was screwed on finger tight....was not arghhhh. Both batteries were dead at this point and used iphone wall adapters with new chargers and fully charged the next morning.

Will give it a go later today. I didn't like the fit of the joyetech generic wall adapter so took it apart and fixed it's position so now the usb plug fits in nice and snug as it should now. Will use joyetech device for next charge. This is getting stupid already... **** on a sidenote vaping eVo hazelnut cappuccino 24mg this morning and it's freaking fantastic. More chocolate taste with a slight hazelnut flavor.

Update late 04/07/13 I noticed after at most 3 and a half hours a dead battery was charged using the new MVS usb charger with logo. Very nice. Started the charge at 5:27pm and noticed it was done at 9:04pm (it may have finished much sooner). Good stuff.

Last edited:

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Salem, Oregon
Hmm. So how did your next test go?

Went very well. I know for sure it was at least 3.5 hours from dead to fully charged. I made a note of it on my last update. The next test was overnight with the generic wall adapter from MVS (no logo) using the old usb chargers. I had to open the wall adapter up because it wasn't seated properly within the unit itself (ridges on the usb plug were inside unit, instead of outside, there so port doesn't get pushed back into the unit when plugging in).

I noticed when I used the new MVS usb charger with it , the red light when charging looks like a combo of both green and red... put old usb charger on it's solid red , then flashes green every 8-9 seconds. So wanted to see if the wall adapter is still working and it is. Left it on charger from 1:30am till 9:00am and it had charged on old usb charger in this time....no real surprise lol.

Last test will be MVS wall adapter with new usb charger and see if it takes less than 4 hours. If not I may just return the wall adapter and 1 old usb charger. Keep 1 for situations where you want it to charge slowly overnight.

I have used the iphone 4s wall adapter before with these non logo versions of the usb chargers and they still took 7-8 hours, so I know the chargers were slow. Last test will be to use it on the new usb chargers to see the results if any. Just doing the last test for ....s and giggles. Already have the result I wanted and very very happy with customer service and owe them an apology and perhaps delete this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread