• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Legality of Juice/DIY

Status
Not open for further replies.

painbowslash

Verified Member
Jun 13, 2015
Singapore
Hi, ejuice appears to be kind of a grey area in Singapore's export and import laws.
Is it legal to possess ejuice?

If it is indeed illegal, I am considering to begin learning how to DIY, even though there is no nicotine in my ejuice.

However, I'm also not clear if it's legal to DIY.
If it is also illegal to possess DIY ejuice, I plan to store the components (Pg, Vg, flavor oils) separately and make small batches.

Out of curiosity, I would like to know at what point is DIY juice illegal.

Is it when the vegetable glycerin is added to the glycol?
Is it when the flavor is added to the vg and pg?
Or is it when nicotine is added?

I'm just a curious DIY newbie, and pretty curious about SG ecig laws.

Syn007

Ashes to Ashless
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
GreenEarth
Hi, ejuice appears to be kind of a grey area in Singapore's export and import laws.
Is it legal to possess ejuice?

It isn't in the grey area, it is outright illegal to import ejuices.

It is ok to talk and ask about the law but do not discuss about shipping as that is against our forum rules.

chia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2014
Red Dot
Hi sorry for misunderstanding, i don't plan on shipping in any ejuice at all, just wanted to ask if diy for personal use is legal.
>.<
The act of vaping is already not legal, whether with or wo nic. So the question of DIY juice beIng legal or not is irrelevant. But what you do at home is up to you, as long as neighbors dun complain. And also dun go about doing it for others.

Reactions: painbowslash

WarA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2015
The act of vaping is already not legal, whether with or wo nic. So the question of DIY juice beIng legal or not is irrelevant. But what you do at home is up to you, as long as neighbors dun complain. And also dun go about doing it for others.

Correct me if i'm wrong.
But last I checked the ambiguous law we have, the act of vaping itself is actually not illegal however if caught vaping it is susceptible to fine and confiscation. The importation of vaping equipments and ejuice is illegal but it does not encompass DIY. Nicotine is without a doubt illegal substance in the poison act so no issue with that.

Oh boy the mouse and cat game, do keep an eye out on the latest FDA development as local government tend to refer to FDA rather than other country's authorities. (Lazy and cheap buggers not willing to research) Edit : Also WHO(another group of lazy buggers)

Sorry once again if it seems like I'm giving the government the loopholes they need to fix to fix us.

Last edited:

snatchcase

Apr 16, 2015
+1^

And dont go vaping publicly blowing clouds, saw some idiots doing it at the airport, laughing away about how big their clouds are.
These vaping in public is becoming a pandemic. They're seen everywhere. Not sure if they're just very bold, showing off a new toy or just testing waters. Perhaps just showing off their wealth (or their father's) by paying the fines.

What would you do? I'm always tempted to go up to these people & tell them to practice discretion. But then again...

Rathalos

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2015
Went up to one before but they just slurred the common vulgarities and told me to mind my own business, hopefully the law doesnt get stricter due to those.

Nowadays i can't be bothered to tell them, i just do my stuffs happily at home.

Trying to make some dual builds on my subtank mini but haven had any luck yet.

chia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2014
Red Dot
Correct me if i'm wrong.
But last I check the ambiguous law we have, the act of vaping itself is actually not illegal however if caught vaping it is susceptible to fine and confiscation. The importation of vaping equipments and ejuice is illegal but it does not encompass DIY. Nicotine is without a doubt illegal substance in the poison act so no issue with that.

Oh boy the mouse and cat game, do keep an eye out on the latest FDA development as local government tend to refer to FDA rather than other country's authorities. (Lazy and cheap buggers not willing to research)

Sorry once again if it seems like I'm giving the government the loopholes they need to fix to fix us.

Not illegal but susceptible to fine and confiscation..
Hmm.. Very vague wouldn't you say?
Not to start an argument or anything, as I m not very familiar with the actual local laws on vaping.
But I do believe this; vaping now is still a very small problem for the government, and they are now say sitting on the fence on this, banning importing and such, controlling further 'growth' of the market. I do think they are waiting for the FDA ruling b4 deciding to come down hard on vaping or let it be. They are a cautious bunch and will wait and see..
Very much like the DIY of alcohol/beer..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread