lemo drop vs kaufun V4 - flavor and leaks -

Status
Not open for further replies.

miroko

Oct 13, 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy a rba for the convenience, and I've nail it to those 2.

I would like to know from those two rba's owners which one will give good flavor and most important, won't leak.

I will probably run it with single coil , 24g, 8wraps, 2mm ID, 0.53 ohm on a stingray x.

Which one will suit my needs better?

I have looked into the orchid but looks like it's only for dual coils.

I have also choose those two because I don't want to spend more than 25€, and there is a original lemo drop at 23€ and a kayfun V4 clone by infinity for 18€ at fasttech.

Last edited:

miroko

Oct 13, 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
The Lemo is superior in flavor IMO, and a lot less complicated.

You can do a single coil in an Orchid, but you'll have to run wick to the uncoiled side or it will flood.

Will the lemo have less issues with leaks? Or no leaks at all?
That's really my main issue. Because I will not use it a lot.

I take the train to go to work and I want a rba for take a few puffs while I'm waiting for the train, other than that I will use mostly my rda's. I work at a desk, so no problems using a driper there, I just want something to pull of my pocket take a few puffs and put it in the pocket again.

I was using a big driper, but since I don't use it much it started leaking.

msmith4512

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2014
New York, NY
I haven't had any leaking issues with either my Lemo Drop or multiple Kayfuns except when forgetting to empty the tanks before bringing them in carry on bags on a plane or leaving them in a car on a hot day. Like you, I prefer RDAs and only use my tanks for walking around outside. Neither has the flavor intensity or vapor saturation of a RDA, but they give richer flavor better than pre-built stock coil tanks like the Nautilus or even Atlantis. The choice depends on your airflow preference. If you like to lung hit, then get a Lemo or even a Kanger Subtank. If you are a mouth to lung person, then they Kayfun is great.

Small size and light weight are important to me when on the go, so I go with a Kayfun Lite V2 with an acrylic bell cap on an Istick with a shorty drip tip. I find my Lemo Drop to bulky and heavy, When the Kayfun v4 plastic drop kit comes out, I'll switch. Keep in mind the Kayfun v4 allows you to shut off the juice flow, which makes it 100% leak proof. But right now the Kayfun V4 is a bit to large for my mobile needs.

Sometimes I just slap a Rogue RDA on an Istick before I head outside. The Rogue is top airflow and won't leak unless you hold it upside down and it holds enough juice for a few pulls when waiting for the bus.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
............... The Rogue is top airflow and won't leak unless you hold it upside down and it holds enough juice for a few pulls when waiting for the bus.

How is the Rogue for flavor? Also, can it be used single coil?

The Manta is top airflow as well. I'm thinking one or both of these may be in my future.

msmith4512

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2014
New York, NY
My Rogue looks like it's designed for dual coil. You could remove the top cap crown and put a small piece of electrical tape over one of the air holes and run single, but .I find it easy to build dual coils. For single coil I use the Lethal RDA. It's design is similar to the Rogue, Manta, and Aeolus, but the AFC ring can close off one of the holes.

I'm running dual 28G 9 wrap coils and I love the flavor I get from the Rogue. I'm not an expert on design, but I think it may be due to the very small chamber. The chamber is so small that I have to run 2.5mm coils. The 3mms I tried at first, shorted out against the top cap. The flavor reminds me of the Atomic, but I love not having to worry about leaks. However, I've learned that while top flow RDAs will not leak, they will flood if you overdrip.

kawboy613

Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
United States
I know this is almost a 2 month old post, but I run single coil on my Rogue, but instead of electrical tape, I used 3M aluminum duct tape. Can find it at any hardware store. Cut a crescent moon piece and stick it to the underside of the top ring to cover an air hole. Then its totally hidden. I think my Rogue gives much better flavor then my Lethal.

Reactions: mamabear15

mamabear15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2015
USA
I'm a newb myself, so don't have much to offer - but I did get the tobeco kayfun v4 several days ago, it was a vaper's wet dream til I refilled it and lost half a tank....yep, newbie didn't know about the juice control. Whoops. Once I finally figured that out (thanks to this forum), I've only had to deal with minor seeping occasionally - and I think that's been due to me accidentally loosening the other connections while trying to open/close juice control. I finally realized, let the mod do the work - it opens/closes itself if you take it off the mod to refill. Since then no leaks but that was only yesterday so take it with a grain of salt.
My Lemo 2 hasn't arrived yet, bethpage NY ate my vape mail. *tear* as a side note, this is why I bought the kayfun clone from an overpriced b&m, when my ol' trusty Subtank gave me what would become its final dry hit torture session. Which brings me to my last set of 2¢ to toss out...
Someone mentioned the Kanger Subtank - don't. Save yourself the frustration and just don't. I loved it when I came off a clearo, quickly came to hate it. It is the least forgiving wicking monster ever (and this coming from someone who A, has the latest model RBA deck with the channels clear thru it, and B, actually filed out wider channels in the chimney) - it never went over 12w without a dry hit, even priming every 3-4 pulls. Didn't matter who built or wicked the coils or what method - my teacher who runs an erlkonigin, a buddy who runs 3 diff drippers, the owner of a b&m who got so sick of me bothering him about something he hasn't sold me that he sat down to make one for me to shut me up.. Or me with rip tripper's pancake, a modified pancake, or a pineapple upside-down cake (sorry, humor to stop my ranting)...Granted, it got me off clearos and into rebuilding. It'll forever have a spot in my heart for that reason alone, and it's currently on loan to an ego-using buddy to see if it can do the trick for her too...but it went in the back closet immediately once the kayfun was in my grubby lil paws lol. About the only good thing about it is admittedly a one of a kind feature... RBA & OCC in one tank. That's its glory and I'll give it that.

Anyway sorry for the long post but I hope it might help!

msmith4512

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2014
New York, NY
Will the lemo have less issues with leaks? Or no leaks at all?
That's really my main issue. Because I will not use it a lot.

I take the train to go to work and I want a rba for take a few puffs while I'm waiting for the train, other than that I will use mostly my rda's. I work at a desk, so no problems using a driper there, I just want something to pull of my pocket take a few puffs and put it in the pocket again.

I was using a big driper, but since I don't use it much it started leaking.
For quick puffs on the go I'm in love with the Ego One with the new rebuildable CLR heads. Same flavor as my Lemo Drop and Kayfuns, but so much smaller and lighter.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Vapor Range is getting rid of their Tobeco Kayfun 4s for $10 with free shipping in the US to make room for new products. I have 3 of em and honestly never had a problem with any of em til I started messing with the 510 connectors which loosen up a few parts inside the base. You really cant go wrong with a $10 Tobeco KF4.. Flavorwise they still beat both my Derringer and Magma RDAs..

Reactions: osso1

Phassat

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2014
Planet Earth
I want that Tobeco deal but I am not in the US... so bad luck.

Anyway the driest RTA to date that I have is STM. The Lemo won't leak on you as it has bottom chamber to hold a small number of liquid. It can gurgle though when the leak is entering the AFC. So far lemo is very reliable and can have it in sleep position for days without any visible leaking (a drip or 2 perhaps in the bottom chamber).

But STM is really no leaks.... None at all until today since the first day I bought although I have made wrong wicking at the beginning. Easier to fill for me as well... don't need any tools... no need pointy tips... Lemo is not bad with its silicon but still you need pointy tips

Nibiru2012

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
The Oort Cloud
I just jumped on that deal from Vapor Range! The Tobeco version of the Kayfun V4 has been the ONLY one that stays rock solid stable on the ohms.
All the others I tried were just too wonky, jumping around all over the place.

This will now give me a total of six Kayfun V4 by Tobeco plus a Lemo 2 which is on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread