Lemon oil from Lorann as Guitar neck oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Led Hendriani

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2009
Northern California
I am running very low on my lemon oil that I use for quenching the thirst on my guitar necks.

I would think that I would need to add some PG to it.

My guess is that the store-bought comes mixed with mineral oil...but I may be wrong.

Any thoughts?:confused:

I do know that you DO NOT add linseed oil unless you want to add big problems!!!!

TIA!:D

Last edited:

CamelKicker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2010
Vaporville, USA
Hmmm...I dont know if I would use that.

Linseed oil is fine , as long as it is BOILED linseed oil (if I recall correctly).

Mineral Oil will work also.

EDIT: (here is an excerpt from the Taylor guitar forums)

"Boiled" linseed oil will dry over time where "Raw" linseed oil may never dry, depending on the woods that it is applied to. Make sure you use the correct one. Better yet, use StewMac's Fretboard Oil which has boiled linseed oil, tung oil and modified driers in it. It goes on wet and thin enough to be absorbed into the wood. Allow it to set for a couple of minutes and then wipe off the excess. You may have to continue wiping the excess off for a few minutes especially if used on ebony FBs. One application every 6 months to a year will keep your FB happy and protected. StewMac's product will dry over night and you won't have to worry about undried oils leaching from the surface.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Finishi...lvents/ColorTone_Fretboard_Finishing_Oil.html

Why not just run to the grocery and buy some normal "lemon oil" from the cleaning section (furniture polish)

How often do you oil your neck? It should only need it a couple times a year. Otherwise the oil can loosen the fret tangs over time...

Rock on!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread