Leo 4ml Cartomizer Resistance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bladebarrier

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
CT
I understand them to be 2.8 Ohm. I've not heard of any lower resistance ones from Boge.
Strange. In googling it this morning, I show two sites (overseas) that list them as being in stock, and 2.0 ohm. Stateside, I see 3 sites that list them as on order, one states 2.0, and two state 2.8. In all fairness, I'm willing to try either, but I would like to try both types, if there are in fact two versions. If not, then half of the sites are listing the wrong spec. I can't seem to find anything on the Boge site either, though it's a tricky one to navigate.

bladebarrier

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
CT
The Leo cartomizers, according to Boge, range from 2.6-2.8 Ohms. They are testing 2.3-2.4 Ohm ones now. Anyone stating they have Boge Leo cartomizers at 2.0 Ohms are pulling your leg.

Thank you for clarifying that. It's pretty pathetic that some vendors are listing them incorrectly, and have them in stock (which means they could easily test one).

I'll be sure not to order from any of those sites, and stick with the ones that are trusted.

Please PM me when you get them in stock, if you have the time, because I will be sure to give you my business.

--bb

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
I just measured the resistance on a Leo cartomizer and it read 2.9 Ohm. A second read 2.8 Ohm.
Boge's Marketing Director tells me they're 2.8 to 3.0 Ohm, and he appears to be right on the money.

I'm not for shaming any particular vendor publicly, everyone makes mistakes.
However, it may behoove the buyers to beware.

By the way, the cartomizers are total fog machines. Easier to fill than folks think, too. I'll write up simple directions for use.

EDITED: I, speaking of mistakes, measured my atomizer on my desk which read 2.9 and 2.8 Ohm. The cartomizers measured 2.8 Ohm

Last edited:

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
I received a call from Allen (nice guy), from Vapingzone.com, (one of the sites listed above) and he states he has ordered and has in stock actual 2.0 Ohm Boge Leo Cartomizers. It seems the different sales/marketing departments from Boge are offering different options.

Taking Allen's word, Id like to retract my statement about no one being able to have the 2.0 Ohm cartomizers. I was going off the word of the Boge Sales director who stated all the cartomizers were 2.6-2.8 Ohms.

In essence, I think there's some communication problems at Boge.

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
Vendors who requested 2.0 Ohm Leo cartomizers early (last December/January) most likely did get them. The sales people who took the orders for LR 2.0 Ohm cartos put them through to production but have no idea what was produced (they themselves can't/don't test them), all unbeknown to George the Marketing/Sales director.

Through a round robin of emails lately between the director of sales and all the sales people, and meetings with R&D/Production, Boge R&D decided the 2.0 Ohm ones were not to be made any more until further research could deter any possible heat issues.

Currently Boge is working on a happy medium; A 2.4-2.6 Ohm Leo cartomizer, which they hope to become the standard. They are aware that some of the current Leo cartomizers are 3.0 Ohm. They are also correcting this issue aiming toward their new standard 2.4-2.6 range after some testing. Boge is committed to better QC and a standard that will put them on top of the market.

IMHO, and this is purely speculation; Some 3.0 Ohm cartomizer orders were somehow mixed with the 2.6-2.8 Ohm orders, which is why these are varying. I will say, however, that the 3.0 Ohm cartomizer I am using today puts out just as great a hit as the 2.8 one I started a few days ago. I'm currently running 2 cartos side by side for comparison and honestly can't tell the difference (besides flavor). Both juices are 11mg nicotine Dekang juices on fully charged batteries.

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
I'd like to add that my notes on the 2.0 Ohm cartomizers "having possible heat issues" goes for saying that obviously, 3.7v and 2.0 Ohm anything will create more heat. This does NOT say they are bad. But like any lower resistance or higher voltage electronics, there is always the possibility of problems with heat.

bladebarrier

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
CT
I still haven't been able to find one place selling the 2.0 in the US.

One of the ones that listed it (still visible in google) no longer does. The other location either has website problems, or is out of stock. If you try to add the 2.0 to the cart, and go to check out, it clears the cart and lists it as empty.

I did find one place that states they have it, but I've not heard of the site, and the shipping is $10.00, so I'm not sure where the heck it's shipping from, but I'm guessing not the US.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
I still haven't been able to find one place selling the 2.0 in the US.
VapingZone.com (referenced by Thom in this post in this thread) is in Columbia, SC. Five-pack for $15.

HOWEVER, notice in this review (at the 12:30 time mark) that pbusardo measured those VapingZone "LR" cartos at ~2.8 ohms. [I was surprised to hear, about a half minute before that, that he measured the battery at 3.66V. I thought is was more in eGO range.]

Personally, the Leo (atomizer or new cartomizer) is meeting my needs only at the beginning of the day. I need a stronger hit as the day wears on, such as I get from EM 801 attys on a 3.7V mod and on my little MaxX Fusion. Even my eGo-T tanks (Type B) hit a bit harder than the Leo ... and I've decided to try the new LR Type B tank attys (e.g., from Cignot) ... instead of the "LR" Leo cartos.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread