Status
Not open for further replies.

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
It may be premature because I've had these for less than 24 hours, but these are my first impressions. I ordered four of them and filled them with the same flavors that I have in the four Leos that I always have going. First of all - I couldn't get 5 ml in there. 4 1/2 is really pushing it and that is to the maximum capacity. You're not really s'posed to fill 'em to the max. The first several hits were WOW flavor and vapor. Almost too much vapor. I'm used to drawing slowing on the Leos. With these, the vapor is so abundant that you don't want to draw slowly or you'll burst a lung - lol. The odd thing to me is: Now that they are only 3/4 of the way full, the flavor has lost its richness. It's muted now for some reason. Also, the draw always feels like the carto is flooded. I'll give them more time and report back. It'd be great if we could hear from others that have these.

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
It is, and I really feel for you. It must take forever for you to get your vape mail.

Frankly, I'm not at all impressed with these CE cartos. You need to take a short hit and then keep drawing after you release the button in order to not waste vape caught in the carto and mouthpiece. The flavor is now 'meh' even though I haven't even refilled yet, and they often gurgle like they're flooded. They use up eliquid like crazy! They just don't blow my skirt up. I'm thinkin' maybe I'll stick with the regular cartomizers because they have fantastic flavor and performance.

ThomasP

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2010
Western PA USA
I have mine now and have been using one for abotu 24 hours.

My initial impressions are:

The good:
Very good vapor production.
Excellent flavor
strong throat hit
Wicking is the best I have experienced in a CE2 style carto. I have never been a fan of CE2 cartos so this is saying something.

The bad:
Rave is exactly right. These use a ton of liquid. Even more than the regular dual cartos.
There is an occasional slightly burned taste but not often and only very slight.

Over all these are a good vape. I will save them for holidays and special occasions because they use an insane amount of fluid but overall I would recommend them if you keep plenty of fluid on hand.

Last edited:

ThomasP

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2010
Western PA USA
Just an update to my previous post:

I just tried my cartos again with a lighter colored liquid and it works really well now. No burning issues at all and outstanding flavor. They do use a lot of liquid but they work great with my 7 leaves ultimate 70/30 liquid.

I have never had good luck with any carto or atomizer with dark liquids.

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
ok...got extra strength 50/50 hopscotch in one of these now. It was somewhat hard to see how to fill these... letting it soak.........not bad so far! :)

ah, and then the dry hits come :(

well, I'll have to test some lighter liquids, but I'm somewhat disappointed. Admittedly I vape a LOT, so I need a good wicking system.... will have to wait and see if these will work out in the long run.

Last edited:

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
Well, full day of use. Great vapor, great flavor, not too hard to fill. They traveled today without incident...they look kind of cool to me. BUT you can't chain vape these things :( I'm not sure if I'll buy more of these when I'm done with what I got... they are perfect for people who have gaps between puffs, but I like to be able to abuse my cartos for a minute or two straight, and these just can't handle it like the filler cartos. They do prefer lighter, thinner liquids (like everything else), but even 100%pg clear liquids will get dry hits after a bit.

bmanchee

Feb 11, 2010
Virginia, USA
Hey all - I just placed my first couple of orders for some Leo gear. I've been using eGo batteries with 510 CE2 cartos lately with pretty good results, and I did order a sample Leo CE carto from White Stag. Not sure if these are built the same as the 510 variety, but I'll play with it when it gets here and let you know. There are a few tricks with the 510 type, but when you get them wicking right I've had no problem with chain vaping on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread