• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Let's not let the Canadian Lung Association get away with this statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON

JoshM

Moved On
Jan 17, 2013
US
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Moved On

JoshM

Moved On
Jan 17, 2013
US
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Moved On

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
I'm not on FB so I sent an e-mail to Janet Hass / jhass at lung.ca / to express my disappointment that the CLA would not encourage people to use any means available to stop smoking.

There are a few things I found wrong with the article : (Lol, a few)

1) "the Canadian Lung Association encourages people to quit using proven methods"
E-cigs are proven (by me) to work (for me) so it is a "proven method" and the CLA encourages people to "quit using" "proven methods". Something wrong with that!

2) "E-cigarettes are battery-operated devices that are designed to look like and be used in the same manner as regular cigarettes."
Well there's your problem right there! (My apologies to any small-batt users) Lol

3) The entire article has not one bad thing to say about cigarettes.... only e-cigs!?!? Something wrong there! It's supposed to be about National Non-Smoking Week not Non-e-cig week!!

I am immensely disappointed with CLA.

Last edited:

SoUnique

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Onatrio, Can.
You know what scares me the most about all this. I was one of the people stupid enough to try one of those "prescriptions" to stop smoking. I'm still afraid to admit what it did to me. I'm afraid of being labelled for the rest of my life because of it. I'm ashamed of where it brought me. I can talk about it with "liquid courage" or as a "second party" to it, no emotion.
Hopefully, sooner rather then later, I can stand strong, head high, and tell my experience of these "so called scientific proven methods" of quitting smoking.
Vaping saved my life, in more ways then 1.

Kagey K

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Canada
I am currently taking a break from FB due to all the stupid I see on it, but I am willing to fall off the wagon for a cause.... If only I really thought FB actually means something.

FB comments at this time don't hold a candle to snail mail written letters. As far as influence, as far as public knowledge or opinion I'm not sure that it holds an edge as its a small percent that look at those pages.

Kagey K

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Canada
I am yet to see a FB outcry change anything, I mean sure things can get trendy on it, but it has yet to actually change anything. It is more a place for advertisers now, than a place to get together and chat with friends or cause a social change.

And the comments do get lost just as easy in a sea full of infighting in the comment sections you think they all read all 2000+ comments? Nope it's skimmed for words so they know what words to use in their marketing.

Last edited:

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
I am yet to see a FB outcry change anything, I mean sure things can get trendy on it, but it has yet to actually change anything. It is more a place for advertisers now, than a place to get together and chat with friends or cause a social change.

And the comments do get lost just as easy in a sea full of infighting in the comment sections you think they all read all 2000+ comments? Nope it's skimmed for words so they know what words to use in their marketing.

This is about education not change. If you don't know what the issue is you won't ever be able to make a change.

One step at a time!

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
Is it ok to send a potential news story to more than one publication? I'm thinking NOW magazine, the Globe, etc.

Edit: How about sending a copy to Melissa Ramsey who posted the story on GlobalTV.com?

Excellent thought. I looked for her contact info but could not find. One would think that she would rather "correct" her own sloppy journalism rather than have someone else do it for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread