Let's talk about the Rebuildable Atomizers that are available on CanVape

Status
Not open for further replies.

northofamerica

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
Saskatoon
I enjoy the v3. I find that it easy to work with once you can turn a wick and coil easily. Lots of room for extra wick stuffed in the bottom so it can hold a bit more. Easy to clean since you can take it all apart.
The DID clone is ok when it works, but getting it to wick proper without holding it upside down, and getting your ss mesh and coil is not as easy. I have one working awesome and I don't mess with it anymore. Good to learn with.
Phoenix was a no go for me. I broke out the insides quickly and never got a good vape from it. My positive pin had to be pulled a bunch of times for it to work on all my devices and would upset me.

darren molnar

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2012
Saskatoon Saskatchewan Canada
V3 is next on my wish list. My phoenix is working great for me. I like that the post arrangement allows options for how you can place the coil in it. Right now I'm liking a verticle coil and a 3mm silica wick running into some cotton ball at the bottom of the well. My only wish would be that the air intake would be at the bottom but I heard the XL phoenix has this. Are you going to carry the XL Mopar?

I have the did clone too, I think I'm just not a genisis type guy and I'm glad I was able to find that out so inexpensively.

I'm looking at the bully A1, does it have to use a ego tank? Where is the air hole on this one?

Last edited:

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
Vancouver Island, BC Canada
www.youtube.com
Ya the V3 is pretty dope, I did wind up using a small round file (canadian tire) to bore out the air hole a bit (easier than using a drill bit), balances the TH and gives you more vapor. Definitely my favorite RBA atty for testing out liquids, and if you make the wicks longer and tuck them in there, they hold a good amount of liquid, very easy to clean and rebuild. Wish I had more of them.

And that is therealcmac to you Mopar :p

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
www.youtube.com
How much did you bore the hole? Do you recall which size round file you used?

at its fattest it is 3mm (the file that is) but i probably only opened up the hole to about 2mm....I like the file because I can just do a bit at a time until it is where i like it, as opposed to drilling it out big and then finding out the draw is far too airy.

Snus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
Massachusetts
The only rba I have is a Phoenix clone. I am still using the pre-made wick that came with it, so I can not speak for how it is to rebuild, yet! I am loving it! Great taste, no leaking! The only flaw is that the positive post will not make contact with all my devices... I haven't tried to pull it as I do have it working.... Eventually, I do hope to try a genesis style atty.

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
www.youtube.com
The only rba I have is a Phoenix clone. I am still using the pre-made wick that came with it, so I can not speak for how it is to rebuild, yet! I am loving it! Great taste, no leaking! The only flaw is that the positive post will not make contact with all my devices... I haven't tried to pull it as I do have it working.... Eventually, I do hope to try a genesis style atty.

This happens alot with these, I just take a small screw driver and push down right in the phoenix from the top....if that makes any sense, it will push the pin out on the bottom :)

northofamerica

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
Saskatoon
This happens alot with these, I just take a small screw driver and push down right in the phoenix from the top....if that makes any sense, it will push the pin out on the bottom :)

That is how I broke mine up. The inside shattered when I applied a bunch of pressure with the screwdriver.

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
www.youtube.com
Thanks. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about it? Thinking of getting one ...

They work pretty great IMO, if you have never used a genesis style atty it can be quite a frustrating set up at first until you get used to it and have some practice, also the air hole rarely lines up with the wick, which is pretty important, so you can either not screw it on all the way so it lines up or sand down the cap so it lines up. Get yourself some extra wire and mesh :) I like the 30awg kanthal personally, you can get the ohms lower easily and you will wind up with less blown coils....great for mechanical mods.

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB
They work pretty great IMO, if you have never used a genesis style atty it can be quite a frustrating set up at first until you get used to it and have some practice, also the air hole rarely lines up with the wick, which is pretty important, so you can either not screw it on all the way so it lines up or sand down the cap so it lines up. Get yourself some extra wire and mesh :) I like the 30awg kanthal personally, you can get the ohms lower easily and you will wind up with less blown coils....great for mechanical mods.

Thanks for the info. I will be ordering one in my next order to CV. I am good for wire and mesh. I do believe that the kit includes one piece of mesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread