Let's talk about the Vmod! Calling all Vmodders and those interested in the Vmod!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin

Very true. Smoktech cartos are also more absorbent than boges. But I think you hit the nail on the head with the Kangers due to the horizontal coil. Great for a bottom feeder.

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
Hi Fourthrok,
I'm not sure about the XL version, but the regular VMod uses two 14500 batteries. Those batteries would be putting out around 8V. Since the device is putting out around 4.2V that means that it has some sort of regulator in it. So it wouldn't be classified as a mechanical.

Uuh, actually, it takes a single 14500, there's no regulator, and it's a mechanical :)

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
The more I use the Vmod...the better I like it. Now when I try vaping my VV devices with a carto tank they seem a bit..I don't know...tepid. Not bad, really. But the Vmod just delivers sooooo sweet! I have other mechanicals, and they are fine, but they are all tubes, and I really prefer a box form.

Anyway, still can't really warm up to the hybrid atomizer. I can sort of get it to work okay...but it's such an effort. And really..I'm being honest here...the super shorties DO deliver an equal taste as the atomizer (when I can get it working right). I only detect the polyfill/muted taste when the carto is nearing the end of it's lifespan, and even then the carto can be revived for a pretty good bit longer by dropping a few drops in the top and squonking gently a bit more often. It's simply easier for me with cartos. (shrugs)

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Hey Fourthrok, you don't like the long-running vmod topic ?

.... we've been posting there for over a year, kinda keeps all things "vmod" together.

Just didn't know if you knew about it. also, tons of everything you ever wanted to know about everything vmodian. :)

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...g-mod-vapage-com-part-2-a-59.html#post9294091

That's Part 2, 59 pages now.....it says XL but really it's about any vmod. :).

I think Part 1 just started to get too long

Oh and thanks for the info on the kanger horizontal coiils, I'm gonna try 'em. :)
I kinda like the smoketek shorties myself.
Sometimes, my vapage atties start to taste a little bit like metallic. Of course, I use them for a long time LOL

Last edited:

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Hey Fourthrok, you don't like the long-running vmod topic ?

.... we've been posting there for over a year, kinda keeps all things "vmod" together.

Just didn't know if you knew about it. also, tons of everything you ever wanted to know about everything vmodian. :)

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...g-mod-vapage-com-part-2-a-59.html#post9294091

lol! Yes...I like that thread fine, but didn't know if anyone was still posting there. Last I saw anyone post was around the time Vapage had their last sale the end of March! Guess I'll hie my tail over there, since this thread isn't going as well as I'd hoped!

figment_oyi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
Tx
ok I tried something new with the hybrid attys. Before putting it on I put some juice in it enough to where it pools let it sit until it soaks then blow on it enough to where it is not clogged..repeat and then put it on fire and puff. Then I do the tilt when it seems near the dry burnt hit stage. So far this has worked great been doing it for 2 days. I think maybe getting the atty saturated very well in the beginning works. When trying to saturate it enough after it is on Vmod I would end up flooding it...

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Sounds good figment. I think many would agree that getting any atty saturated well before using is a good practice. I often put a condom on the bottom, cover the coils and let it sit for a bit. I've done it your way too. Both work well.

One note on flooding the atty with a Vmod -- just let it sit for a bit. The excess juice will usually drain back into the well. If it doesn't, it's probably time for a bath.

After awhile feeding an atty (or a carto) becomes second nature as one learns their own vaping rythym.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Fourthrok don't give up on Attys over cartomizers.
I didn't like the Vapeage AMG on my Bogger Box, I found it didn't taste too good and had a tendency to burnt taste. The Empire Mods 1.8 is very good. The Empire 1.5ohm was lousy. Figure.

I just bought a A7 Pegasus RBA and so far I like it but am really stoked because I have a Reomizer 2.0 coming in. Don't know if the Reomizer 2.0 will fit on a Vmod. Rob says that it's .52, which I think is .52 of a inch. My catch cup is 11/16 but I made a mistake and told him 9/16 of an inch and he said it would fit.

Oops I shouldn't have mentioned the Reomizer 2 are for sale. Shhh they are going very fast.
Rob plated the bottom with ceramic which means you can have the coil touch the bottom and not short the unit out.
It's around $42.00 which is a nice price point.

Last edited:

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina
I have a couple of VV type devices...but no Provari. I just never really felt the "urge" to get a Provari when I could have. Not sure why..but I suspect it's the "rebellious spirit" in me. Everyone kept pushing me to get one, so naturally that put it out of the running! lol! Now I am not so fond of "tube mods"...and prefer a box mod form factor, so may never get one, now. Although one never really knows, right? Of the variable voltage models I have and use, I have 2 VV Grippers and 4 Ovale V8s. (I have a Tmax on pre-order, but have been waiting over a month and am wondering if it'll ever come in.) I have a friend who has a couple of Provari's and he tells me that the VV Gripper is the only other VV device he's had that is comparible in performance to the Provari.

I thought I was spoiled with the variable voltage stuff I had (I also have a couple of nice mechanicals like the LavaFire, Telescope, Bolt and Squire and I have the eGo T Mod set up too). But the Vmod is blowing me away. Using the same ohm I was using on the LF, Bolt, telescope, etc. and same juice...the hit is WAY stronger on the Vmod. And cleaner. I have no idea why (I was using carto tanks on the other equipment, so maybe that's part of it?) I'm really a bit shocked. And seriously...the hit and flavor with the Vmod is such that I'm becoming spoiled and finding the vape on my VV stuff wanting...no matter what voltage I'm using on them!

As for washing the Vmod I would NOT put it in the dishwasher!! :p Why would a person do that? All it needs (the chassis only) is to be rinsed/swished real good in very warm/kinda hot water! Not boiling, of course. Just hand dish-wash hot. No soap. After it's rinsed real good, wipe it down and let it dry on a paper towel a bit...or hurry it up with a hair dryer set on a lower setting. That's what I did.

TBH...I did get the atomizer that came with the kit to work for a few hits before it flooded. And really...the flavor was about the same as the flavor I get with the super shorty cartomizers I got. I am not kidding! I do taste a bit difference with the Silos. Not enough to bother me though. I'll keep trying with the atties...and hope someone will give some tips that make SENSE so we can figure it out!

What shorty cartos are you using with this? Been thinking about getting a vmod as a back up. Never used a bottom feeder s there will be a slight learning curve. Also waiting and hoping for a 50% off sale I keep hearing they do sometimes. :)

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
I just bought a A7 Pegasus RBA and so far I like it but am really stoked because I have a Reomizer 2.0 coming in. Don't know if the Reomizer 2.0 will fit on a Vmod. Rob says that it's .52, which I think is .52 of a inch. My catch cup is 11/16 but I made a mistake and told him 9/16 of an inch and he said it would fit.

The only way those will fit onto a VMod is if one takes off the cone, the other metal tubie thing, and puts in a shorty 510-510 extention. But it works. Kinda.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
What shorty cartos are you using with this? Been thinking about getting a vmod as a back up. Never used a bottom feeder s there will be a slight learning curve. Also waiting and hoping for a 50% off sale I keep hearing they do sometimes. :)

I got most of my super shorty cartos at Madvapes, but Discount Vapers and Surevapes has them too. I think maybe Gotvapes, as well. They are made by Smoketech I think. A few different ohm resistances. I like 2 ohm, but the 1.8 or 1.7 appears to be very popular.

Vapage had a 50% off the Vmod kits the last week if March...might be a couple months before they do that big a sale again. But I could be pleasantly surprised...after all, Mother's Day is coming! Might be a good sale for that?

_more_

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
lol! Yes...I like that thread fine, but didn't know if anyone was still posting there. Last I saw anyone post was around the time Vapage had their last sale the end of March! Guess I'll hie my tail over there, since this thread isn't going as well as I'd hoped!

Lets keep this one too. I would have never found the other thread before this one :) So maybe other people can learn about Vmods here and then go there if they want to read from the beginning.

You could ask a mod to put the link in your OP if you can't still update it.

Last edited:

_more_

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
imo bottom feeder boxes ALL look good but the shape of the vmod and the placement of the squonk hole is what sold me.My hands are small but there are so many ways to hold something curvy to get a different grip.

I have packed my other mods up to give away except the VV mini passthrough i use with my ViviNova clearo's. Plus i keep my V2 ecigs for when i go out.

atm, i still prefer using ecigs in public because everyone knows what they are.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I don't really go out enough to worry much about what my PV looks like. When I do venture out (grocery, or hospital, or Dollar Store or whatever) I'll just use the Vmod. Or, for even more "stealthy", the Madvapes 3.7 Gripper (the reason I had the extender piece already when I got the Vmod). Either one works fine for me in public. But then...I"m not sitting somewhere socializing with it. I am in stealth mode, when out, mostly. :)

I'm not ready to give away my other stuff really. I like the idea of being prepared for the Vapocalyse. I chose what I have now with that in mind...so I'll just leave them packed in their little Playstation suitcase and they'll be there should I need them. I have a box of cartomizers (probably around 60 so) packed up, too. I'll likely try to get a spare Vmod to have as back up too.

I'm really pleased to have found something that I'm really, genuinely happy with...all day, every day. I say sometimes I should have gotten a Vmod in the first place. But then...I think it's been a journey, and I had to follow the path as it led me to understand what I liked and needed and arrive at the right destination.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Yes, it is a journey isn't it. :)

I do socialize with my vmod(s) on occasion. My little guy with the hippie style shell(s) made quite a hit and really opened up conversations about vaping. I've passed out a few barflies, business cards etc. and have certainly inspired others to make the switch to ecigs or off mini's to ego types or vmods. My XL Blue is quite attractive as well. It certainly attracts vapors, especially when they see the plume.

I really like that the vmod doesn't look like a typical e cig or other unmentionable devices.

_more_

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
lmao at "I really like that the vmod doesn't look like a typical e cig or other unmentionable devices"

Yeah, those big tube mods are funny!

I put it in the other thread already that I got my black VmodXL today and then ordered the little brother Vmod V.2

I have carpal syndrome problems/pain at times and so the small size will be helpful. This one is Silver and i am only getting one. I am so done for ordering vape supplies this month! Since i already have the smaller size batts it requires it needed nothing else.

3 should be plenty, amirite LOL

Last edited:

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
Ok, I surrender, you've persuaded me to order the Vmod v2. Ordered 15 minutes ago :laugh:

I'm at that stage where I have to try everything on the market (getting close to 2 months vaping now). I have to find the perfect vape.
The thing that sold me on the Vmod is the size and the price. I like my daily kit, to easily fit in my shirt pocket - normally I use a 650mAh ego battery and Nova tank, but prefer the extra vapour of my night-time VV batteries.

I'm hoping the Vmod will squash my new PV longings for a while :thumbs:

Only problem is, I couldn't find a UK supplier that had them in stock. Being the impatient sort, I've ordered direct from vapage.com. Hope they use a fast boat for shipping :lol:
Also was a bit worried about ordering batteries, cos of possible security issues, so ordered the kit without batteries and charger.

Just got to be patient, now I guess. Not my strong point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread