Let's talk about the Vmod! Calling all Vmodders and those interested in the Vmod!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbmcdan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2011
TX
~ Yeah I Hear Ya jbmcdan: Honestly I prefer the Vapage Hybrids over all and do the same when they have stock. I've tried Cisco and the 306.

The 2.5's just don't give me the vape I really want on my XL's but if I throw in a Big Amp Battery like the 18650 LG HE4 the vape is better. If I do that with the 1.8ohm it can be a Bit Too Hot when you first start out but over time as battery wears down so will the Hot vape. I have never used a Kick but noticed pricing has come down. Can you Kick the Vmod 14500? I have some LG 14500's that work pretty well but it would be nice to get the Vape like the XL 18650's! {:{}

can only kick the 18650 xl -- you just use an 18500/18490 battery. i wish they made a little kick for 14500's, but i don't think such an animal exists. it's weird but i've found that 1 of the 4 little guys i've bought is the best vape....better than a kicked xl or regular xl. you just never can tell!

Skullman

~ Membered ~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
South Sound Lahar Zone
~ My little Vmod is been going strong for being almost 2 years old. It is the first Vmod I purchased. She Works Great, Vapes Great my only complaint is Battery Life hence the XL's. My little Vmod leaves the house with me every time I go. She fits so well in a pocket and can barely be seen in the hand. I Vape all the time in stores and public places I just try not to draw attention to Her or myself. I don't really find the need to Kick the 18650's as I'm running 2.0ohm Hybrids in em. If I want a Hotter Vape more Throat Hit just drop the 1.8ohm in em! I Blow people Away all the Time Blowing a Nice Cloud Showing Her off! It is kinda amazing what the Little Girl can do! {:{}

can only kick the 18650 xl -- you just use an 18500/18490 battery. i wish they made a little kick for 14500's, but i don't think such an animal exists. it's weird but i've found that 1 of the 4 little guys i've bought is the best vape....better than a kicked xl or regular xl. you just never can tell!

y cherry y

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Ypsilanti, MI
That's crazy! I don't think I've ever had a DOA Vapage atty. I far prefer the BF version for VMods. I use 'em every day. In my experience, they're equal to Cisco Spec atties in construction, life span and flavor, and far superior for smooth, consistent bottom feeding. When they have a BOGO offer, those atties are the best deal in vaping. It's been a long time since they've had that offer though, and I'm starting to worry that they're going to let the atties sell out and discontinue them.I don't think many vapers use 510's anymore.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Nice to see some vmod love. I've noticed that some are just learning about "dripping attys" and "bridgeless attys" and are using them more and more for testing liquid flavors. The 510 atty may never disappear, especially if this trend grows. :)

Sure hoping the "slant coil spec" vapage hyrid attys won't disappear.

Does anyone know if the gold banded ones are now available in the "pro slant coil spec" version?

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Keep talking y'all. So far the only ones I've bought have been the Silo's at 2x$5.00. My experience is those do have a slight edge over the standard Joyetech 510's I have. I got frustrated with the std bridgeless I tried because it required me to squonk before every drag. I assumed any bridgeless would be that way but maybe not?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
aikainae --- I preferred the silo's before the "pro spec slant coil" version came out as I didn't have consistent results with the earlier versions of hybrid attys. Some would last a couple days and others a week or two. After the "Pro specs" came out, I used no other atty, period and my vmods haven't seen a carto! The "Pro Specs" lasted me 3 or more weeks with lots of use, consistently. I used "pro specs" on vmods and carto tanks on other devices for years.....and occasionally still do. :)

JBM -- Here's a pretty good picture of what that "pro spec slant coil" (also called shifu atty for those who hung around here) looks like: The earlier versions had less wraps, and some of them have just 3 with larger wire.

ShifoSpecHybridAtty.jpg

I have a feeling they are not if you say they stink......:(

Last edited:

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
The site says the Universal Hybrid Atty is in stock. The Universal is the one with the gold band on it. I don't think I've seen it out of stock in the past two plus years, though it certainly could have after some of the huge sales. :) At one time there was an announcement that they would be all steel at some point, without the gold band, but I'm not aware of that ever occurring.

AMG Hybrid Universal (2-pack)

It was named Universal as it is suitable for any device -- not just BF's.

Last edited:

YoMa!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2012
Richmond, VA USA
Thanks Tearose, They are both labeled as Hybrid Universals. When I emailed them and sent the picture they assured me they were both the universals but were unaware there had been a change and were not going to replace anything for me. I think the universals are the only ones with an end cap. I wanted to know if anyone has ordered recently and gotten the longer silver ones or the shorter gold ones. Since they had no clue what they were sending out and would do nothing about my getting the wrong thing, I do not want to order anything from them unless someone is getting the ones I want.
Sorry I keep wording my question incorrectly. I just had surgery and I think this neck brace is keeping my brain from getting any blood. The surgery went great and I am so happy with the results though.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
oh no -- what a mess. :p

When JBM checks in we might be able to find out as he mentioned recently getting the gold band ones and perhaps even get a good shot of the coil for us. Since he didn't want them, maybe you two could work out a deal in the classies.

I've never even seen or heard of a taller atty from Vapage and unfortunately some of the CS personnel don't know they are in Public Relations and their job is to sort out issues like this.

I've run across several hybrid style attys with different names. HH357; Cisco Spec; Stingray are 3 -- but there are, or were, a few more....but I don't remember names or where. Since I was stocked up, I never tried any of these later varieties. When you are up to it, it could be time for some serious searching.

Last edited:

jbmcdan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2011
TX
thanks for the info, tearose....and you just reminded me that it's time to upgrade my crappy phone :) I misspoke when I said they were gold bands...they're silver bands

Vapage sent me the "universals" after I'd waited 3 months for a hybrid restock. If I can get the pics to post, here's a shot of old hybrid...been functioning wonderfully for over a month, then the new silver end universals, and lastly a comparison of the ends on these two.....

old_hybrid_tasty.jpg

new_univ_not_tasty.jpg

old and new ends.jpg

There's no slots on the "universal", and it's shaped differently -- which is probably why i'm getting more bad than good from it

i have a used "rode hard and put up wet" reo on the way, and am hoping the "universals" work better in there....

Last edited:

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
All I can do is evaluate this with some history.

It looks to me that Vapage is now selling the newer style (pro slant coil) version of their Universal Atty. I got wind of this quite awhile ago and even posted it somewhere, but it fell off the radar. It appeared to me that the plan got nixxed---but it apparently was only delayed. This remodeled version was not going to have the gold band anymore.

(I liked the gold band as it made it easy to tell which was which. Now maybe we can know due to the height change? ) :)

This should be good news for any "regular atty" drippers around who liked the Bottom Feed Hybrid, but not the extra holes that make it really nice for bottom feeding use. Most have preferred the "pro slant coil" coil. I have no clue about why it could be technically desirable to have a longer tube. I also recall some really disliking the extended pin on the vapage attys as they wouldn't sit as flush on a tube mod. Perhaps someone in their design department decided to make the new batch look more like other attys at the pin area? It should not affect the vape.

Though I've used other attys in my vmods -- I prefer the BF Hybrid and really hope a new batch is coming for everyone who uses them.

As to the Gold Banded Universal fans--- my only suggestion is to put in a Want To Buy in the classies if you aren't taking to the "Pro Slant Coil" version.

If you do, I'll certainly scour my stock for what I might have. :)

YoMa!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2012
Richmond, VA USA
Okay, I ended up with 2 sets of Hybrid Universals. One set is shorter with gold ends and 1.5ohm, the other is longer with silver ends and 2.0 ohm. None were DOA this time around. They all look the same inside. I am getting more taste from the gold ones but it is probably the ohm difference. I'll see how long they last.

Low Budget

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2013
Grand Rapids, MI
I have also had a difficult time with Vapage and their customer service. I have had several issues over the past few years that were mishandled. I have been waiting for for the regular pro slants to come back in stock as well. The sad part is Vapage has a great product and with some more marketing and maybe a revamp (Variable watt, ability to use bottom fed RDA) they could be a real power house. This has never been their style. I have been heavy into vaping for 4 years and I stumbled across the Vmod by accient a few years back. It has been my go to mod for 2 years but due to the lack of support I am slowly moving on to other things.

I recently got a Peko and a customized (bottom fed drilled) Veritas. No leaking and .3 ohm dual coils 2015-03-08 15.42.36.jpg

Also got my eyes on this new bottom feeder due to come out next month. Topped with a bottom fed drilled Marquis or Vertex V2

Yiloong squonking box mod geyscano 50 watt box mod like squonker mod for charlice v3, View squonker mod, Yiloong Product Details from Jiangmen Yiloong Industrial Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com

Attachments

• 2015-03-08 15.43.28.jpg
    2015-03-08 15.43.28.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Skullman

~ Membered ~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
South Sound Lahar Zone

~ I agree with everything you say Low Budget! Vapage and their Vmod could be so More if they Applied themselves but sadly I believe they are OK with the Status Quo. But Hey, maybe they have some folks secretly working on just what we are thinking and may surprise us? I don't know I just don't feel it! Especially when they cant keep a decent supply of their Pro Slants in stock????

I Dig the Peko but just missed out on the COOP's. I think with what it cost to source parts it just makes it to expensive for what it is! $90 Bucks plus for a print mod???

That 50 watt Squonk Box seems cool but I'm not really into square box mods? Yeah a bit picky! But thinking about it!

I'm happy with my Vmods every one is still going strong and the XL's are used every day! Some with Modified RBA's Topping them!

Skullman {:{}

I have also had a difficult time with Vapage and their customer service. I have had several issues over the past few years that were mishandled. I have been waiting for for the regular pro slants to come back in stock as well. The sad part is Vapage has a great product and with some more marketing and maybe a revamp (Variable watt, ability to use bottom fed RDA) they could be a real power house. This has never been their style. I have been heavy into vaping for 4 years and I stumbled across the Vmod by accient a few years back. It has been my go to mod for 2 years but due to the lack of support I am slowly moving on to other things.

I recently got a Peko and a customized (bottom fed drilled) Veritas. No leaking and .3 ohm dual coils View attachment 422881

Also got my eyes on this new bottom feeder due to come out next month. Topped with a bottom fed drilled Marquis or Vertex V2

Yiloong squonking box mod geyscano 50 watt box mod like squonker mod for charlice v3, View squonker mod, Yiloong Product Details from Jiangmen Yiloong Industrial Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com

Skullman

~ Membered ~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
South Sound Lahar Zone

~ I'm not even sure what they are talking about. Hybrid Atties I've received from Vapage in last two years are all the same size (Non Gold Band) stick up above Cone less then 16th of an inch! {:{}

On Vapage's website, I noticed a comment 11/14 from shadav "nice atties, a bit tight on the draw...wish they were a tad bit shorter so that they fit into the vmod's cover...it sticks up about an inch or two higher than the atty cone cover...."

uh-oh. Have they changed?

y cherry y

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Ypsilanti, MI

~ I'm not even sure what they are talking about. Hybrid Atties I've received from Vapage in last two years are all the same size (Non Gold Band) stick up above Cone less then 16th of an inch! {:{}

An inch or TWO? My Vapage atties have all been normal-sized 510's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread