Let's talk COV clear tube mods!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudBurst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Georgia, USA
I have been vaping this clear tube mod exclusively for about 6 weeks now and it is by far my favorite vape! I have been vaping for almost 19 months now (WOO-HOO) and have tried almost everything out there. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

With that said, I have compiled a few tip and hints for using the clear tube mod and to get the most out of it. Please remember that these are all from my personal experience and contributions from many others. Please ask questions, add comments, reviews of your experience and I will do my best to help you.

Here we go...

DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN WHEN CONNECTING TO THE BATTERY . To remove, hold tube at the bottom connector and turn. Be careful not to disassemble tube from CE2 cartridge while turning, otherwise, juice will spill out!!

1. DRY BURN Remove the inner caps and the tube from the cartridge connector and do a dry burn. A dry burn consists of holding the switch to your PV for bursts of 5-10 seconds at a time, I do not recommend using more than 3.7volts for this (use a standard manual 510, Riva, Ego etc.). Continue until the coils glow red and no smoke is emitted from the coil. ( to remove the tube, screw the cartridge into a battery and gently pull the tube from the connector)

2. Replace the tube and fill the cart by dripping down the side or using a syringe along with one drop onto the coil. Try not to get the juice in the ceramic cup as it will leak through the air tube. If you do, take a paper towel and gently dab the coil area to soak it up.

3. CLEANING-As the coil is used, the ejuice starts to create “gunk” on the coil creating a burnt taste and even starts to turn the juice dark, for better tasting ejuice, repeat these steps as needed. This is totally based on individual taste preferences and juices used. Some juices “gunk” the coils quicker than others.

4. For a cooler vape, add a drip tip or a cartridge to the end of the tube.

5. You may notice condensation on the mouthpiece after vaping, this is not juice, we all know what juice tastes like and you will notice a sweet taste as opposed to the taste of juice. You can add a small piece of blue foam or fluval between the mouthpiece and the filler ring to catch the condensation. Or use a drip tip to eliminate this.

6. Keep in mind that the ohms vs. battery voltage may cause a dried out or burnt taste in your CE2’s.

7. The tube is reusable!!! When your CE2 dies you can pop the tube off and put another in it!

I hope this helps! Now let's discuss it more.

Last edited:

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
Great writeup Storm! This is awesome.

Few questions. How do i remove the tub from the Carto ? I'm worried that if i pull it out, that when i go to put the tube back in, it will not hold tight the same way and leak liquid out? Is there a specific way to actually remove the clear tube from the internal parts? For example, should it be screwed into a battery like an eGo and then just pull back and it will remove the tubing around the carto? Is it just easier to clean in water and leave the tubing on forever? What do you suggest?

Bigbuyer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Florida, USA
Back in Stock on 510 E2 V4 Clear Mods! In both 2.5 and 3.0 ohm!

Clear_E2_V4_Mod__4cf93a1cb982f_90x90.jpg

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
I got mine in yesterday or today (didn't check the mail yesterday).

It took me a while to figure out how to fill it, wasted some juice and made a mess at first.
Yeah, I'm clueless sometimes. Post #1 was very helpful ... thanks storminyte.
So, I filled it up with a syringe. Mine are 15 gauge blunts, which wouldn't fit between the cup and the clear tube without flexing the tube slightly.
I hope that won't cause any problems down the road. But, it worked for my first fill.

Questions:
Using a drip tip, do you keep both of the silicon backstops (or whatever you call them) in place?
How far do you fill it? To the base of the cup?

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
How's it working for ya?
Well, if this thing holds 2ml, I've vaped about 1ml from it so far. I'm using it on a TorneGo battery. I thought I had a 510 to 808 adapter, but apparently I was wrong. So, I'm using two adapters to make the connection. Seems to be working fine so far, although I think this will become a goto rather than an @home for me. So far, I like an LR510 better. But the 2ml capacity has its advantages. I'll give it a shakedown for a few days and see if my opinion changes.

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
I received the clear tube mod today and will share my initial impressions. I have tried every version of E2 Carto's made and have had no success with them. I use a Fistpack so the lowest voltage I can vape is 4.2v. The E2's just never seemed to wick fast enough for me. So far, this mod is working very well! I filled it up and have been using it non-stop for the last few hours. I do find that if I stand my mod up the wick still doesn't quite keep up with me. The solution is simple. I lay it on it's side when I'm not using it. Works great! This thing blows "Clouds of Vapor" by the way so once I receive my new VV mod I believe that dialing it down to around 3.8v should solve all issues. I ordered the 3.0Ω version but according to my multi-meter it measures 3.2Ω. I believe my meter is correct as standard 510's measure 2.3Ω on it. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy it's 3.2Ω. I wouldn't want it any lower. If one of these can last me a few weeks I'll be a very happy camper. Well worth the cost. Thanks Bruce!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread