Status
Not open for further replies.

debb

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2010
in the nj woods
I took a really sharp pair of cuticle clippers and clipped the openings on the 3rd ring a tad bigger. I'm talking about the openings (2 of them) that slide down on the cup. I don't have any wicking issues at all. I love the syringe mod since it eliminates the need for a needle. All 3 rings come out really easy so all you have to do is drip down the side of the tubing.

debb...if I can make these, you can too. I have a small pipe cutter, sharp cuticle scissors, old eGo battery, box cutter, and a small pair of pliers. Here are some good videos on how to make it. It is easier than it looks.

thanks...i'll check it out..:)

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
Hey, so yeah...I agree that you have to hold it on it's side while not using so the wick can absorb the Elig, and then spread up to the coil when using. After every drag, i tend to give it a little shake, or just hold it upside down or on it's side for a few seconds and then take another one. If i don't do that, i get a little bit of a burnt taste (nowhere near as bad as a dry LR, or a dry Standard atomizer). if you learn to do that every vape, it becomes natural, and you'll be getting nice plumes of smoke on your vapes. If you're taking hits and not getting vapor, its because the wick didnt absorb the ELiq yet.

I see bruce is going to carry Clearizomers ....are they the same exact thing as this custom mod? Looks exactly like it ...I saw a pic of them on his site, and they look the same, except mass produced so they're a little neater obviously since they're not custom made, but I wonder if the custom clear one we have will be better than the Chinese mass produced ones. Nothing against the chinese :) All of this stuff comes from china, no matter how many logos you put on the accessories, but sometimes a custom made accessory just works better, no rhyme or reason to it.

Maybe it was mentioned in this thread already, sorry if i missed it.

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
Junior, my guess is that the "Clearomizers" will not work as well as the Clear mod. This guess is based on the fact that the clear mod uses a slightly larger diameter tube that, I believe, puts less pressure on the sides of the silicone cap that covers the ceramic cup. This which seems to let the juice flow to the coil better. This is only a guess. That's the only possible reason I can see for them working so much better than standard E2's. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
I agree with you there...although I do run into slow wicking issues sometimes. If i take 2 or 3 vapes from it , it does give me a burnt taste, and i have to lay it on its side or upside down so that the juice can flow up the wick to give me some decent vapes again...but it still beats having to lug around a bottom feeder box when all you need is 2ml of juice for the day. I wish they wicked a little better (which is not storm's fault) and I wish they had 2.0 ohm E2 V4's.

Maybe there were some tips on this thread to help the wicking and get rid of the burnt taste, I didnt real all the posts yet .

CloudBurst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Georgia, USA
The burnt taste can be IMO, one of two issues. Either the volts are too high and burning your juice or the coil has the black gunk on it and it needs a cleaning and a dry burn. Once the gunk is gone, so is the burnt taste. Till it gets gunned up again, of course. This is another advantage to the removable tubes.

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
Stormi mine is working just fantastic. no more problems. this afternoon my Clear 510 3ohm mod needed a refill so before i fille dit all i did was take a qtip and clean the ceramic cup the best i could until all the black gunk came off (only had tiny bit) and refilled it. no wash this time and started vaping right away and perfect. your advice to keep the ceramic clean and dry works. i do have to lay it down and this way sdo far no more problems. Just wanted to let ya know all is fine on the western front.
Thanks

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I say make em to fit a 510 Atty as well, heheheheh now theres a good idea, These wouldn't have a bad metallic taste or any anodization and a simple Atty connector is all you would need for the bottom and maybe an Atty tube extender piece for the top, cmon Bruce this would seriously be a great product here

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
I'm still loving the 2ml Clear E2 mods. Couple of quick things I've noticed. First of all, I had one that tasted bad. I took it apart and washed the cup/coil under hot water. It seemed to have some black gunk on it (hasn't happened on any others I have). I put it back together, did a dry burn, and it's working great again! Another thing I'm doing is I'm adding a 3" piece of wick across the top of the coil, with the ends hanging down through the slits in the cup. This gives me four strands instead of three. I don't really know how much it helps but it seems to wick better.

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
Hey Pete i am curious about this idea you have by adding 3 inch piece of wick to the top of the coil. im gonna give it a shot. mine is working fine but im for anything that makes it wick better. where did you get the wick? from old E2 cartos? thats what i just did. I took a few old E2 cartos apart and salvaged some wicking that wasnt burnt. when my tube gets empty i will clean it out and add more wick then try it. thanks foir great idea

I'm still loving the 2ml Clear E2 mods. Couple of quick things I've noticed. First of all, I had one that tasted bad. I took it apart and washed the cup/coil under hot water. It seemed to have some black gunk on it (hasn't happened on any others I have). I put it back together, did a dry burn, and it's working great again! Another thing I'm doing is I'm adding a 3" piece of wick across the top of the coil, with the ends hanging down through the slits in the cup. This gives me four strands instead of three. I don't really know how much it helps but it seems to wick better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread