Lets talk ZNA 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

plant

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2014
socal
Ok so here's how it looked all together.

1.jpg

This is the white insulator + black battery spacer removed

2.jpg

This is the insulator separated from the battery spacer. They are just lightly press fit together, you can easily get them apart with your finger nails.

3.jpg

Simply reinstall the white insulator and put the copper bolt back in. Everything fits nice and tight.

a.jpg

Last edited:

S2KG

Mar 28, 2013
Calgary Alberta Canada
So when I buy my ZNA, all I have to do is remove the black delrin completely? Or should I just sand it down. I don't mind sanding it down.

I want to purchase one as soon as they are in stock somewhere. I'll be getting an 18650 tube as I only use VTC5 batteries. Won't even look at an 18490, battery life sucks..

Thanks for the advise guys!

S2KG

Mar 28, 2013
Calgary Alberta Canada
I have a question to regarding 18490 batteries.
Most shops carry Effest 18500's, I've seen a few other 18500 batteries that offer 15amp I believe however they are not nipple top.

Could I get a flat top 18500 battery to fit if I sand it down as well?
The only reason I ask is that the shops in Alberta sell AW IMR for $12.00 each... For an 18490 cell I find that to be a rip off. I'll be using my VTC5 99% of the time. But I may get a few 18500's just for kicks. Given that the delrin will be sanded to fit a VTC5 I also don't want to use a nipple top battery and would be getting a better quality flat top 18500.

Thoughts?

S2KG

Mar 28, 2013
Calgary Alberta Canada
I was up all night pondering. I think I'll just keep the ZNA stock with 18490's and buy a .... ton of batteries. It just looks so much better and will be smaller in my pocket.

I'm just trying to gauge how long the battery life will be.

Assume I'm vaping a 1.2 ohm build at 20 watts (Russian 91%) How many tanks will I get before the battery dies?
I'm using this as a gauge as it seems to be the easiest way to understand the battery life. So for other users that vape a kayfun or russian on there ZNA, how many tanks do you get before you have to change the battery and what is your ohm / watts set at.

Thanks for your help everybody.

joaquingt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
San Francisco
I was up all night pondering. I think I'll just keep the ZNA stock with 18490's and buy a .... ton of batteries. It just looks so much better and will be smaller in my pocket.

Assume I'm vaping a 1.2 ohm build at 20 watts (Russian 91%) How many tanks will I get before the battery dies?
I'm using this as a gauge as it seems to be the easiest way to understand the battery life. So for other users that vape a kayfun or russian on there ZNA, how many tanks do you get before you have to change the battery and what is your ohm / watts set at.

At 20 watts maybe 1 tank

Firecrow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Toronto, Ontario

I have that exact build and I do 2 to 3 batteries a day, but I chain vape.

S2KG

Mar 28, 2013
Calgary Alberta Canada
I chain vape to. I imagine I'll go through 3 - 4 tanks when I get my Russians.
I'm a recovering 30ml + a day cloud chaser... Now I'm all about the flavour and I'm tired of dripping.

I did have a 4 - 5 month stretch where I was big on genies, steam turbine, kraken etc. That was back in the day.

Never the less 1 tank won't be all that bad. To be honest I'll most likely have 2 - 2.2 ohm builds at 20 - 22 watts. I'll do a 5/64 or 3/32 drill bit 12 wraps of 28 gauge. Heats up super quick, massive surface area, very long battery life. Should give me a nice vape.

plant

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2014
socal
Have you tried a 28g micro coil at 20 watts in a russian? The only thing I can handle at 20 watts+ on a kayfun is a dual coil or a twisted coil

IMG_0095.jpg

But a single 28g micro I don't like any higher than 15 watts and a single 30g is good at 10 watts. If I were running 490s I'd build a 10 wrap 30 gauge 5/64th about 2ohm and run it at 10 watts.

Firecrow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Have you tried a 28g micro coil at 20 watts in a russian? The only thing I can handle at 20 watts+ on a kayfun is a dual coil or a twisted coil

But a single 28g micro I don't like any higher than 15 watts and a single 30g is good at 10 watts. If I were running 490s I'd build a 10 wrap 30 gauge 5/64th about 2ohm and run it at 10 watts.

I've done that. Drains the battery quick, but you get lots of surface area. I will reuse a single strand coil, but I bin a double after its done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread