The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Lets talk ZNA 30

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by t8kiteasy, Jan 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. S2KG

S2KG Full Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    I need to work out how to properly wick the russian with my rayon. In the past when I built my KFL I used cotton... easy peasy, but I've now heard Rayon is a different story when loading up the deck ensuring coverage over the juice holes.

2. cheesestain

cheesestain Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2014
    Toronto
    Just got my ZNA at Vape Can. Sorry if this is a n00b question.

When waking up from a sleep (black screen) is it normal for the ZEN ZNA" message appear?

3. joaquingt

joaquingt Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2013
    San Francisco
    That means your device is resetting that could be an old battery.

4. cheesestain

Mar 1, 2014
    Toronto
    This is weird. I'm using brand new fully charged AW batteries.

Is it still safe to use? It doesn't really bother me.

5. AlB53

AlB53 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 7, 2012
    Rome NY
    mine does it all the time from the "sleep" mode. if it does that while your useing it, then your battery is not that good.

6. cheesestain

Mar 1, 2014
    Toronto
    Thanks. So it's normal behavior to display the "ZEN ZNA" screen from sleep mode. It's never happened when I was using it. Or from the normal display when it's awake.

7. plant

plant Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 15, 2014
    socal
    Yep I get zen zna and the serial number when waking up from sleep.

8. AlB53

Supporting member
    Feb 7, 2012
    Rome NY
    when you comming to Rome again plant?

mines #944

9. cheesestain

Mar 1, 2014
    Toronto
    Do I adjust the 510 pin from the top where it connects to the atty? The thing is really really right and won't budge.

10. plant

May 15, 2014
    socal
    Maybe never, I'm in the process of getting a new job. Tomorrow I'm leaving for a trip to chicago and back, might be my last run.

Yes technically. I've noticed that with the spring loaded plate on the device, you don't have to spend much time messing with the adjustable 510. Just set it so it makes contact with the atty, and if you don't get it perfect and end up pushing the floating 510 pin out a little bit, it doesn't matter since the copper plate on the zna is spring loaded, so everything will end up sitting flush anyway.

11. cheesestain

Mar 1, 2014
    Toronto
    I'm such a dweeb. Didn't realize it was reverse threaded facepalm

On another note... Anybody safely use Sony VTC5's or any flat top 18650 for that matter without altering the device?

Can I use a magnet the size of a nipple?

Was talking with Jason from HoH at the meet and they swear by AW. Even said the VTC5 was poo battery. But I have a bunch lying around.

12. AlB53

Supporting member
    Feb 7, 2012
    Rome NY
    I use vtc5's in mine, #944. I think the newer ones are different setup where the battery contacts the pin, mine works fine.

13. stumpfreeman

stumpfreeman Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 27, 2013
    Forest Lake, MN
    Wow, just got my first ZNA!! It's a Lite, and it is fantastic.

14. cheesestain

Mar 1, 2014
    Toronto
    Congrats! I got mine last Friday at Vape Can. Walked around and pondered it for a while and went back to the HoH booth and the last 2 got sold. I asked if they had another one and Zen~ let me have one of his. Super thankful for that. Much thanks to Zen~ This device is so much fun to vape on.

15. stumpfreeman

Jan 27, 2013
    Forest Lake, MN
    It provides a far superior vape than anything I have used so far. About ready to sell a bunch of stuff, LOL!!

16. motelgrim

motelgrim Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 27, 2012
    Florida
    You realize that doing this voids the warranty yes? I've had to send mine back a couple times now and it hasn't cost me a dime but if your board fries for whatever reason and they open it up and see the spacer missing or filed down, it's not going to be repaired for free. It's worth getting the right batteries.

17. plant

May 15, 2014
    socal
    It takes 30 seconds to put the spacer back in and there is no way to tell you ever took it out.

18. cheesestain

Mar 1, 2014
    Toronto
    I thought I saw Zen say in the pbusardo video that there's a special tool he uses to screw the pin in place in order to get the alignment correct.

19. plant

May 15, 2014
    socal
    Well clearly they aren't using it for every build. My body tube was way out of wack when I first got it. There was a "step" where the body tube stuck out farther than the device up at the top. After I removed my battery spacer, I put everything back together, stuck a long Allen wrench in there, loosened the bolt, got the body tube flush, and tightened everything back up. It's perfect now.

20. stumpfreeman

Jan 27, 2013
    Forest Lake, MN
    I've noticed that mine doesn't sit flush either. Just figured it's the way the threads on the device are. How does loosening that bolt help with alignment?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.