Status
Not open for further replies.

plant

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2014
socal
when you comming to Rome again plant?

mines #944

Maybe never, I'm in the process of getting a new job. Tomorrow I'm leaving for a trip to chicago and back, might be my last run.

Do I adjust the 510 pin from the top where it connects to the atty? The thing is really really right and won't budge.

Yes technically. I've noticed that with the spring loaded plate on the device, you don't have to spend much time messing with the adjustable 510. Just set it so it makes contact with the atty, and if you don't get it perfect and end up pushing the floating 510 pin out a little bit, it doesn't matter since the copper plate on the zna is spring loaded, so everything will end up sitting flush anyway.

cheesestain

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2014
Toronto
Yes technically. I've noticed that with the spring loaded plate on the device, you don't have to spend much time messing with the adjustable 510. Just set it so it makes contact with the atty, and if you don't get it perfect and end up pushing the floating 510 pin out a little bit, it doesn't matter since the copper plate on the zna is spring loaded, so everything will end up sitting flush anyway.

I'm such a dweeb. Didn't realize it was reverse threaded facepalm

On another note... Anybody safely use Sony VTC5's or any flat top 18650 for that matter without altering the device?

Can I use a magnet the size of a nipple?

Was talking with Jason from HoH at the meet and they swear by AW. Even said the VTC5 was poo battery. But I have a bunch lying around.

cheesestain

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2014
Toronto
Wow, just got my first ZNA!! It's a Lite, and it is fantastic.

Congrats! I got mine last Friday at Vape Can. Walked around and pondered it for a while and went back to the HoH booth and the last 2 got sold. I asked if they had another one and Zen~ let me have one of his. Super thankful for that. Much thanks to Zen~ This device is so much fun to vape on.

stumpfreeman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2013
Forest Lake, MN
Congrats! I got mine last Friday at Vape Can. Walked around and pondered it for a while and went back to the HoH booth and the last 2 got sold. I asked if they had another one and Zen~ let me have one of his. Super thankful for that. Much thanks to Zen~ This device is so much fun to vape on.

It provides a far superior vape than anything I have used so far. About ready to sell a bunch of stuff, LOL!!

motelgrim

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
Florida
So when I buy my ZNA, all I have to do is remove the black delrin completely? Or should I just sand it down. I don't mind sanding it down.

I want to purchase one as soon as they are in stock somewhere. I'll be getting an 18650 tube as I only use VTC5 batteries. Won't even look at an 18490, battery life sucks..

Thanks for the advise guys!

You realize that doing this voids the warranty yes? I've had to send mine back a couple times now and it hasn't cost me a dime but if your board fries for whatever reason and they open it up and see the spacer missing or filed down, it's not going to be repaired for free. It's worth getting the right batteries.

plant

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2014
socal
You realize that doing this voids the warranty yes? I've had to send mine back a couple times now and it hasn't cost me a dime but if your board fries for whatever reason and they open it up and see the spacer missing or filed down, it's not going to be repaired for free. It's worth getting the right batteries.

It takes 30 seconds to put the spacer back in and there is no way to tell you ever took it out.

plant

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2014
socal
Well clearly they aren't using it for every build. My body tube was way out of wack when I first got it. There was a "step" where the body tube stuck out farther than the device up at the top. After I removed my battery spacer, I put everything back together, stuck a long Allen wrench in there, loosened the bolt, got the body tube flush, and tightened everything back up. It's perfect now.

stumpfreeman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2013
Forest Lake, MN
Well clearly they aren't using it for every build. My body tube was way out of wack when I first got it. There was a "step" where the body tube stuck out farther than the device up at the top. After I removed my battery spacer, I put everything back together, stuck a long Allen wrench in there, loosened the bolt, got the body tube flush, and tightened everything back up. It's perfect now.

I've noticed that mine doesn't sit flush either. Just figured it's the way the threads on the device are. How does loosening that bolt help with alignment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread